Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anybody still use the Max Attack? (TH9)

I am not a great believer in spam attacks. Strategies that others call spam, I find to be not simply "drop n go" on own hall level. but this last war, I saw (then used twice) the closest thing to a spam attack I have come across, in all my wars (maybe exaggerating a little). They used GoWiBo on a 68k gold weight 9, with only a few bricks to complete, and heroes only 20. They cut thru the base like a hot knife thru butter.
    Was so impressed, I decided to try it, never a good idea to use an untested strat on the battlefield, but we were losing. Twice, they fresh hit 9s of a similar size, is amazingly easy (till it comes unstuck next war). as an aside, tried Bowitch with heroes at 20, and fell short. Looks like the hero grind is important after all lol. Damn rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I am not a great believer in spam attacks. Strategies that others call spam, I find to be not simply "drop n go" on own hall level. but this last war, I saw (then used twice) the closest thing to a spam attack I have come across, in all my wars (maybe exaggerating a little). They used GoWiBo on a 68k gold weight 9, with only a few bricks to complete, and heroes only 20. They cut thru the base like a hot knife thru butter.
    Was so impressed, I decided to try it, never a good idea to use an untested strat on the battlefield, but we were losing. Twice, they fresh hit 9s of a similar size, is amazingly easy (till it comes unstuck next war). as an aside, tried Bowitch with heroes at 20, and fell short. Looks like the hero grind is important after all lol. Damn rusher.
    It only works if you get the bowlers into the core and the enemy cc troops are dead, if that does not happen, it can be really difficult to save that attack. Key is to ensure jumps are precise and funnels get the golem and bowlers, ideally followed by royals into the core. If done correctly, and the base is suitable, it will flatten a completely maxed TH9. If there's no clear core with high value defences near by then this attack is not for that base.
    Maxed TH9 now a baby TH10. Clan #Q9URPJ90 https://cocp.it/clan/Q9URPJ90

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Yeah, size matters. . Had a lot of fun with aq 30 at th9 and my aq 40 at th10 wreaks havoc.