Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody still use the Max Attack? (TH9)

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Me neither. It may just be that Bowlers (TH9 CC, or TH10/11 troops) have effectively negated the use of Earthquake spells somewhat!
    Certainly there used to be a mass of complaints about 'lvl 1 Quake spells destroying my lovely lava walls' posts here on the forum, but we just don't see them anymore, which suggests that the use of Quake spells has lessened dramatically compared to 'the old days'.

Regarding Gowipe, and especially the lvl 4 availability and diluted Tesla damage (as Nacmac suggested), I'm a little surprised it isn't being used more too these days!
    I think the use of bowlers with jump and rage gives greater flexibility vs. quad quake and extra balloons.
    Last edited by Ripple1972; 1 Week Ago at 02:58 PM.

For me it was DOA. Single jump gets me where I want to go while leaving spells for the back end. 4Q actually opens up too much and there's no telling where the troops will end up.
    CC bowlers was just the final nail in the coffin.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

I use it a lot during clan games and I three star other TH9s with it more than I two star BUT, I don't use it in war. It still works very well and the level 4 pekka made it work even better.

OP, I used to use the Max attack but we called it something else. You didn't mention what the KS troops are. I rarely used EQ I usually used jump. It was basically a GoWiPe with loons to clean up unless the AD was questionable then hogs were used for clean up. Both of them would help with a GoWiPe's main issue, time. We even called it a GoWiPe Snipe. That term confused me but they were referring to the clean up troops of loons or hogs.

I don't think it's demise was really base design. I think it was the choice of troops changed. Valks got a buff, bowlers were released. Witches god somewhat of buff but I think bowlers are the key as to why we don't see it very often. I think there are just better choices. Even though I usually three star with it, I have used it once in war in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    Gowipe is so old school it was before bomb towers no? I still think of it as a 2 star strategy but perhaps that is just the people I see use it. You are right on paper it seems to have a big buff since it was last in popular useage, but then that was before bomb towers, and geared up cannon and archer towers ... so perhaps that paper advantage isn't there after all ... I have not upgraded my pekka to lvl 4 so ... I won't be finding out any time soon.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    I use it a lot during clan games and I three star other TH9s with it more than I two star BUT, I don't use it in war. It still works very well and the level 4 pekka made it work even better.

OP, I used to use the Max attack but we called it something else. You didn't mention what the KS troops are. I rarely used EQ I usually used jump. It was basically a GoWiPe with loons to clean up unless the AD was questionable then hogs were used for clean up. Both of them would help with a GoWiPe's main issue, time. We even called it a GoWiPe Snipe. That term confused me but they were referring to the clean up troops of loons or hogs.

I don't think it's demise was really base design. I think it was the choice of troops changed. Valks got a buff, bowlers were released. Witches god somewhat of buff but I think bowlers are the key as to why we don't see it very often. I think there are just better choices. Even though I usually three star with it, I have used it once in war in recent memory.
    My understanding is what you are describing was not the max attack. No Pekka involved and no jump. It was golem in cc, plus golem wiz, heroes using all of your spells on kill squad. Goal was to get AQ, cc, multiple air defenses and push deep into base. Then a loon heavy laloon for rest.

That is different than what I thought he was talking about. That sounds a lot like a GoBoLaLoon. We had one guy that used it almost exclusively. But, he left the game about six months ago. I've used it some. Works best on open base when you can get two of the AD, the AQ and the CC. It will fail if you can't get that. I didn't watch the video. I'll go do that now.

EDIT: Yeah, very much like a GoBoLaLoon but now there are bowlers. That's probably why we don't see it too much. The one attack I watched was perfect for that kind of attack. I've used it but I'm not very good with it. I didn't use EQ and lots of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    My understanding is what you are describing was not the max attack. No Pekka involved and no jump. It was golem in cc, plus golem wiz, heroes using all of your spells on kill squad. Goal was to get AQ, cc, multiple air defenses and push deep into base. Then a loon heavy laloon for rest.
    Last edited by StormHeart; 1 Week Ago at 04:23 PM.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Idk...I feel like that quake wasn't necessary to do that much damage. And the two golems was a waste of 60 slots. Does not seem like an efficient use of troop space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    First it's a lack of content, now it's TOO much content?

Maxed TH11
    War Agency - Level 19 War Clan

Trainee
    We use these kinds of attacks atleast once in a war..
    We use aq walk,bowlers in cc,wiz and a golem?As kill squad,Then do loon..Some attacks are just a modified version of this..Like we replace healers with balls sometimes..It works effectively on SOME bases,Not all..
    Last edited by Vivekmr; 1 Week Ago at 02:30 PM.

Pro Member
    Gowipe is still good at th8, and with quad quake to open the core. Struggles to get around a 9 tho. I still use laloonion as option A on 9s, if I can get queen and spring cc, with a royal kill squad. Otherwise we release the valks. Havent got into bowlers yet, but are always late to the party.. coming soon. We saw some good bowitch from opponents last war to study, and not the usual cherry picked youtube attacks.

Or even try 8 quake TH9 attacks? (something I've never done, I must admit!!!) :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgvWizeJoA
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 11 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 45/42/13

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    Or even try 8 quake TH9 attacks? (something I've never done, I must admit!!!) :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owgvWizeJoA
    No no, just no!
    Maxed TH9 now a baby TH10. Clan #Q9URPJ90 https://cocp.it/clan/Q9URPJ90