Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cw search takes 2 days, still no match

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    Oh dear ... what is the roster? Anything blombardo-ish?!!?
    th11, 9,8,7,7.

Th11 is 86k, all others are non engineered.

First match was: 10.5, 9, 8, 7, 3 - matched in under 30 minutes
    second match was: 10.5, 10, 8,7,5 - mtached in under 20 minutes

third match, no opponent found for 5 days

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    th11, 9,8,7,7.

Th11 is 86k, all others are non engineered.

First match was: 10.5, 9, 8, 7, 3 - matched in under 30 minutes
    second match was: 10.5, 10, 8,7,5 - mtached in under 20 minutes

third match, no opponent found for 5 days
    Ripple I think your roster does not have enough engineered bases , I run 5v5

Max TH11 minus wall
    Max TH10.5
    Mid heroes 7.11
    2 Defless 11 with near max heroes(only)

always get match in about 1-3 hours

come to my avengertest3 clan if you want to see the match

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Ripple I think your roster does not have enough engineered bases , I run 5v5

Max TH11 minus wall
    Max TH10.5
    Mid heroes 7.11
    2 Defless 11 with near max heroes(only)

always get match in about 1-3 hours

come to my avengertest3 clan if you want to see the match
    I would agree that you are not engineered enough, in a way.

You are getting long matches because your 11 is 86k weight with max offense, along with the other max offense for their TH which puts your offense weight higher than the total number of the THs combined.

It would fix your search time if all those 9-7 bases had the same defense, but only specialized troops.

You could try adding in a 9.5 that doesn't have much in the way of heavy troops in order to reduce the spread a little.

You could also try making an account and just put only defense on it to help lower the overall offense.

Banned
    Benched the th11, took a few minutes to build a th3. Search took 16 minutes. Bases 2-5, are roughly equal. Their top base is th9 estimated 62k, purple walled, 11-6 heroes, best attack looks to be level 3 dragons. Vs. 66k, 30-30, max wall th9.

I guess Th11 will sit.

Millennial Club
    Don't figure. Nice to have you back in war ripple. Add roster engineering to the list mate. My favourite game.

EDIT.. You guys are awesome at working this MM out. Am well impressed.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; May 13th, 2018 at 01:08 AM.

5 days is nothing my friend. I have spent 57 days in constant war search with no match since I started my clan 5 months ago. Beyond frustration at this point. I do have a tiny clan with 2 defenseless bases and a very unbalanced roster so I am prepared to accept some waiting. However the problem is I will go on these runs where I'll get quick matches (under 2 hours) for 15 or so wars in row. Then suddenly I just drop off the face of the earth and nothing happens for weeks. I am currently in a lull that is 11 days and counting, and yes I am in war search pretty much the whole time. I have completed only 46 wars in 168 days when I should have easily been able to complete say, 70 - 80 wars (and therefore be at Lv5, enjoying some decent clan perks).

When I've complained to SC about it they always give me the speech about the "complex" and very "advanced" matchmaking algorithms that are trying to find a fair and balanced match up for us blah, blah, blah.... But that argument is a load of ♥♥♥♥ because when I do get a match I am constantly facing clans with engineered TH10s at the top and a TH11 defenseless somewhere in the middle (I have 2 legit, max TH9s at the top). I would never go into a war now without my defenseless bases as an insurance policy because I know my opponent will most likely have engineered bases and I will lose. So just give me the damn war match up already and don't make me wait so much because I know that both clans will be looking for the advantage anyway.

But yeah the problem is the 2 extremes. I get a bunch of wars in a row so I feel like my lineup is fine and then suddenly it dries up.
    Last edited by Gomethrius; May 15th, 2018 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomethrius View Post
    5 days is nothing my friend. I have spent 57 days in constant war search with no match since I started my clan 5 months ago. Beyond frustration at this point. I do have a tiny clan with 2 defenseless bases and a very unbalanced roster so I am prepared to accept some waiting. However the problem is I will go on these runs where I'll get quick matches (under 2 hours) for 15 or so wars in row. Then suddenly I just drop off the face of the earth and nothing happens for weeks. I am currently in a lull that is 11 days and counting, and yes I am in war search pretty much the whole time. I have completed only 46 wars in 168 days when I should have easily been able to complete say, 70 - 80 wars (and therefore be at Lv5, enjoying some decent clan perks).

When I've complained to SC about it they always give me the speech about the "complex" and very "advanced" matchmaking algorithms that are trying to find a fair and balanced match up for us blah, blah, blah.... But that argument is a load of ♥♥♥♥ because when I do get a match I am constantly facing clans with engineered TH10s at the top and a TH11 defenseless somewhere in the middle (I have 2 legit, max TH9s at the top). I would never go into a war now without my defenseless bases as an insurance policy because I know my opponent will most likely have engineered bases and I will lose. So just give me the damn war match up already and don't make me wait so much because I know that both clans will be looking for the advantage anyway.

But yeah the problem is the 2 extremes. I get a bunch of wars in a row so I feel like my lineup is fine and then suddenly it dries up.
    More likely to have engineered bases if you have them yourself, and may make it harder to find a match. It seems like alot of clans are finding it hard to match these days.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomethrius View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    More likely to have engineered bases if you have them yourself, and may make it harder to find a match. It seems like alot of clans are finding it hard to match these days.
    Agree with this. the lulls you have, wont be because you have the engi bases, it will be the unbalanced roster. if there is nothing to match, it will leave you sitting. The peaks and troughs may well be the tweaking to the algo that they said they will be doing. But if you want war constantly, I think a move towards getting them balanced is required, don't need to bench the engis to do it. If they are off heavy, balance with some extra def elsewhere.
    So far as the insurance policy/safety net/pet engi, call it what you will. The reason people need the insurance policy of running engi bases, is simply because people are running with the insurance policy. eg.. engineering became so prolific because everybody employed the tactic to combat engineering. Now having 1 or 2 engi is the new meta, because people are carrying them to combat others. I feel you either buy into the roster type, or live with it until it dies out. Don't add to it if you don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Agree with this. the lulls you have, wont be because you have the engi bases, it will be the unbalanced roster. if there is nothing to match, it will leave you sitting. The peaks and troughs may well be the tweaking to the algo that they said they will be doing. But if you want war constantly, I think a move towards getting them balanced is required, don't need to bench the engis to do it. If they are off heavy, balance with some extra def elsewhere.
    So far as the insurance policy/safety net/pet engi, call it what you will. The reason people need the insurance policy of running engi bases, is simply because people are running with the insurance policy. eg.. engineering became so prolific because everybody employed the tactic to combat engineering. Now having 1 or 2 engi is the new meta, because people are carrying them to combat others. I feel you either buy into the roster type, or live with it until it dies out. Don't add to it if you don't agree with it.
    I had left my current clan and joined another clan just shortly after the MM change and they just pushed the th11s to the extreme at 30+ engineered bases, mostly all minimaxes with low, mid and a couple high levels. The more engineered 11s we would add, the worse the matches would be and the only clans we would match would be engineered Chinese clans with 6 max eagles to our 3, plus about 15 or 20 with max heroes to maybe our 7 max heroes.

They ended up just cutting all the engineered accounts out of the roster and went completely balanced (though still roster engineering) and I believe they are still on a 60 win streak. To be fair though, they also pretty own all the accounts between about 5 people and are good attackers.

In my current clan I don't worry about engi 11s at the bottom because it usually subtracts heroes and defense at the top for them vs our max heroes and bigger defense.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; May 15th, 2018 at 10:52 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    I had left my current clan and joined another clan just shortly after the MM change and they just pushed the th11s to the extreme at 30+ engineered bases, mostly all minimaxes with low, mid and a couple high levels. The more engineered 11s we would add, the worse the matches would be and the only clans we would match would be engineered Chinese clans with 6 max eagles to our 3, plus about 15 or 20 with max heroes to maybe our 7 max heroes.

They ended up just cutting all the engineered accounts out of the roster and went completely balanced (though still roster engineering) and I believe they are still on a 60 win streak. To be fair though, they also pretty own all the accounts between about 5 people and are good attackers.

In my current clan I don't worry about engi 11s at the bottom because it usually subtracts heroes and defense at the top for them vs our max heroes and bigger defense.
    Yeah mate. I think the less individuals you have, the easier it is. We run 15v usually. and probably all but 2 or 3 belong to 2 of us, in our better wars. We have done war together for maybe 3 year now, in the previous clan, but more so in this one. Working the map is so easy when things are not complicated by waiting or coaching. I feel our streaks could maybe improve slightly if I was less inclined to allow the casuals in, but friendship is a valuable life gift. Hence the need to develop and employ a killer strat or 2. Not so sure about our attacking skills, I feel our roster bumps us up a bit.
    So far as the engineering, we have ran a low def 9 dragon base for ages. Helps to clear the middle of the map. He is in the process of trickle feeding defence tho, and will eventually balance. Unless you know how to balance and optimise, then engineering is better left to the engineers. The people who carry them to cover the roster, are simply causing a mess for the MM to try and sort.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; May 15th, 2018 at 11:09 AM.