Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH11 Is a Mess

TH11 Is a Mess

Our clan is stuck in a rut where we are usually matched against teams with more FULL TH11 bases than we have. The end of the last 5-6 wars has come down to who has the most MAX TH11 bases and none of them are tripled.

It's pretty discouraging to go into war knowing the other side will have more Max TH11s than your side has 1 and your side has the monumental tasking of tripling one of them.

TH11 War Match Making is a mess.

****Edited For Clarity***
    Originally, I also commented that TH11 defenses were difficult, but that isn't my main compliant.

I'm pretty down on COC at TH11. The Base Defense seems way ahead of offense. I rarely see three star attacks from either side in War. When they do, it's nearly as much a lucky break or those rare cases when all the stages to the attack go perfectly. And to think, this is after they nerfed inferno towers.
    Last edited by Asdf123dkdk; May 18th, 2018 at 11:54 AM.

I find TH11 a lot of fun actually. miners, witches, bowlers. Lots of variety even after those I just mentioned.

As far as being able to triple max 11s in war, sorry but that SHOULD be a monumental task.

I don't really war that much any more but when I did, I saw some 3*s. Not many but hey, it's the top dog in the game so yeah, it shouldn't be easy to get 3s.

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Think about it for a second.... Would you really want your max 11 base that you've spent 3-5 years putting together to be rolled over every war? Thought not.

3 stars happen at TH11 probably more than I'd like if I'm honest. Bo-Witch, and the newly found 3 row attacks are amongst the favourites.

I think TH11 is fine as it is.

As far as war mm is concerned this is much better than it used to be and we are finding much better matches nowadays. No doubt it will continue to be tweaked.
    Last edited by Damiz; May 10th, 2018 at 07:19 PM.

We have been warring with at least 15 TH11s for quite some time. I would say that typically 3 or 4 of ours get tripled every war -and same goes for our opponent. Sometimes we triple 1 or 2 of their top 5 and sometimes it's us getting tripled. It has been pretty equal in that realm (I won't go into engineered 11s on this). I've only seen a couple goose eggs in the last several wars th11 v th11...

I'm sitting around 4870 or so trophies right now. Yesterday, my log was 100% 3 star attacks. Today, I'm 50% 3 stars and the rest are 2 stars.

What I'm seeing is pretty even keel. I'd say things haven't been this good in a long time.
    Last edited by john4938; May 10th, 2018 at 07:32 PM.

“Now remember, if things look bad and it looks like you’re not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. ‘Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That’s just the way it is.” ~Clint Eastwood

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    I agree with other posters. I don't see the problem you're describing. Maybe it's time to visit some other clans, watch some new videos or learn from your opponent's attacks. Last war we tripled 5 out of 9 TH11s; the prior 3 out of 7.

However, your issue doesn't seem to be as much about "TH11" as it does war matchmaking, so I'm going to move this thread to the Clan Wars sub-forum.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 16 - 598 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

OP if you already know your base is way behind for offense compared to defense then why not wait until you have worked on fixing the imbalance before complaining about the state of TH11. I personally am finding it very well balanced now that my hero are maxed out and the key troops and spells I use are also max. Lots of three stars attacks every day.

Swan diving into your gold storages like Scrooge McDuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiz View Post
    and the newly found 3 row attacks are amongst the favourites.
    3 row attacks?

Probably at work not working clearly. Doh!
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    3 row attacks?
    Row of Giants followed by a row of Witches followed by a row of bowlers. Heros behind. Spells as per the norm.

OP I agree with you that an imbalance in full th11s is a problem in war matches because they are hard to 3 star. However, they are much easier to 3 star than they used to be. I remember back when the statistics were like 3% for good clan war league attackers my clan would look at the match as soon as it was found and figure out whether one side would win or lose by 1 star since the th11s would all be 2 starred and everything else would be 2 starred. Now, with 3 star statistics more like 20-30% (less for an average clan like mine unless the designs are bad), we still care of course which side has more th11s, but we don't think the war is decided before it starts. Design matters much more now too (I strongly disagree with those who claim the inferno nerf made design not matter, it is the opposite in my opinion). We now look at the designs on battle day and we can see which ones we have a decent chance to 3 star.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs can’t attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

I think TH11 has been great, lots of great attacks, balance is pretty good and we have been getting great matchups.