Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH11 Is a Mess

It took me probably about 3 wars to sort of 'master' the hog attack for consistent 3*s. There's been wars where I've brought in a 6 pack and wars where I brought in two failed 2* attacks. You won't get it perfect every time but if you take the time out to analyze each base and find out their strengths and weaknesses, it goes a long way. I think you have to appreciate the difficulty in 3 starring a base that usually takes 3-4 years to max out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    First it's a lack of content, now it's TOO much content?

TH12
    War Agency - Level 20 War Clan

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    OP I agree with you that an imbalance in full th11s is a problem in war matches because they are hard to 3 star. However, they are much easier to 3 star than they used to be. I remember back when the statistics were like 3% for good clan war league attackers my clan would look at the match as soon as it was found and figure out whether one side would win or lose by 1 star since the th11s would all be 2 starred and everything else would be 2 starred. Now, with 3 star statistics more like 20-30% (less for an average clan like mine unless the designs are bad), we still care of course which side has more th11s, but we don't think the war is decided before it starts. Design matters much more now too (I strongly disagree with those who claim the inferno nerf made design not matter, it is the opposite in my opinion). We now look at the designs on battle day and we can see which ones we have a decent chance to 3 star.
    I strongly agree with this. I was one of the IT haters.. until our last war.
    We have always considered the opposition having IT bases as an advantage.. to us, post nerf.. and we don't carry any. Last war, I found a new respect for them. With the layout of their bases, we just couldn't get our troops concentrated in their core, on their top 2 bases. And with their IT protected with an extra ring of wall, they destroyed whatever did reach the core. Unlike the usual heal/rage drop to clear them out, their anti 2 star bases stood strong, and left us with a measly 1 star per base. First time drawing an IT base worked against us since the nerf.
    Stupid thing was, we still won, as they had 4 people no show, and a th7 and 8 escaped with a star still standing. Don't figure. We won by a star and 2 small bases survived on our side. Fortunes of war I guess.
    But yeah, strongly agree base lay out wins wars as much as attacking skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Asdf123dkdk View Post
    I'm pretty down on COC at TH11. The Base Defense seems way ahead of offense. I rarely see three start attacks from either side in War. When they do, it's nearly as much a lucky break or those rare cases when all the stages to the attack go perfectly. And to think, this is after they nerfed inferno towers.

Our clan is stuck in a rut where we are consistently matched against teams with more FULL TH11 bases than we have. The end of the last 5-6 wars has come down to who has the most MAX TH11 bases and none of them are tripled.

It's pretty discouraging to go into war knowing the other side will have 2 Max TH11s, your side has 1 and your side has the monumental tasking of tripling one of them.

TH11 is a mess.
    Woah...you guys need to adjust your strategies and figure things out if that's how you feel

First off if you have th11s that dont have an eagle you are probably putting yourself at a disadvantage as it will usually match you with a "full 11" anyway.

2nd, 3 starring th11s at a 25 to 33% rate is more than possible. Msg me sometime on forums and we can find a time for you to visit my clan for a bit if you want. We run 18 to 23 th11s in 40v40 wars and match around equal th11 count. We usually 3 anywhere from 25 to 50% of the opposing th11..

I highly advise bowitch, lalo, or hghb or other hog based strats. They do get 3s
    Co-Leader of Monkey Bizness. Lv 18 constant war clan. #GV228Q9
    The Frosty Trinity
    Blaze - TH12 - K60/Q56/W30
    Fire - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20
    Inferno - TH12 - K50/Q50/W20

Quote Originally Posted by Asdf123dkdk View Post
    I'm pretty down on COC at TH11. The Base Defense seems way ahead of offense. I rarely see three start attacks from either side in War. When they do, it's nearly as much a lucky break or those rare cases when all the stages to the attack go perfectly. And to think, this is after they nerfed inferno towers.

Our clan is stuck in a rut where we are consistently matched against teams with more FULL TH11 bases than we have. The end of the last 5-6 wars has come down to who has the most MAX TH11 bases and none of them are tripled.

It's pretty discouraging to go into war knowing the other side will have 2 Max TH11s, your side has 1 and your side has the monumental tasking of tripling one of them.

TH11 is a mess.
    We find that for every th11 in war, the matched clan has 2 - generally speaking.

We even ran an roster with no th11s - and still the opponent had two. Our roster was of balanced th10s and th9s. I admit we won that war, however only because we carefully strategized attacks while the other team went all arrogant like they could not lose. They got stuck sending too many attacks to two of our bases, ignoring the winning attacks strategy seemingly in trying to perfect their score.

The matches are horrible during the past month or so. Something changed, and it has really hurt our clan. (We are not engineers.)
    So you like using spreadsheets?
    We have got a game just for you.
    It's called Accounting. Become a CPA!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinacria View Post
    We find that for every th11 in war, the matched clan has 2 - generally speaking.

We even ran an roster with no th11s - and still the opponent had two. Our roster was of balanced th10s and th9s. I admit we won that war, however only because we carefully strategized attacks while the other team went all arrogant like they could not lose. They got stuck sending too many attacks to two of our bases, ignoring the winning attacks strategy seemingly in trying to perfect their score.

The matches are horrible during the past month or so. Something changed, and it has really hurt our clan. (We are not engineers.)
    What are these matches you think are horrible. You can war another clan. How interesting.

TH 11 attack balance is as good as it has ever been. We see 3 star attacks in war each war, not on every base, not on every fresh attack, but enough 3 star attacks on well designed competition bases to keep it fun and interesting. Things were much much worse in the not too distant past.

Richard | Rogue Elite (#8200L0UJ) | TH 12 | Level 215
    L111 Heroes PB5733
    Boom Beach HQ 22 L 65

No matter how good your defence is, if your attcks are not as good as they should be, then you wouldn't be able to win! Good play is more important than maxed defence to my opinion.
    In our clan, when we do 3 stars on all th10 and below, we normally win which is pretty often. Even if most of the th11s are won by 2 stars only.

Quote Originally Posted by AFrostyBlaze View Post
    Woah...you guys need to adjust your strategies and figure things out if that's how you feel

First off if you have th11s that dont have an eagle you are probably putting yourself at a disadvantage as it will usually match you with a "full 11" anyway.

2nd, 3 starring th11s at a 25 to 33% rate is more than possible. Msg me sometime on forums and we can find a time for you to visit my clan for a bit if you want. We run 18 to 23 th11s in 40v40 wars and match around equal th11 count. We usually 3 anywhere from 25 to 50% of the opposing th11..

I highly advise bowitch, lalo, or hghb or other hog based strats. They do get 3s
    18~23 in 40V....
    You are so smart. Great! 24 is dead line.

Have to cast my vote in favor of the general consensus on this one. TH11 is VERY fair at this point in time. In fact I would argue it's perhaps a little too easy. As a max TH11 my 11v11 hit rate is around 60% and I'm not elite or anything, just a guy who knows a few raids and how to use them.

I've been teaching a couple of the TH11 folks in my clan and they picked it up within a few weeks. I would recommend searching for the TH11 HGHB, QW Pekka Bowitch and QW Hogs on YouTube. They're very easy raids with a relatively high success rate. Once you're confident with those armies you can expand into the LaLo raids.

Remember, the first step to getting 11v11 3 stars is realizing they're possible. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hottie View Post
    Have to cast my vote in favor of the general consensus on this one. TH11 is VERY fair at this point in time. In fact I would argue it's perhaps a little too easy. As a max TH11 my 11v11 hit rate is around 60% and I'm not elite or anything, just a guy who knows a few raids and how to use them.

I've been teaching a couple of the TH11 folks in my clan and they picked it up within a few weeks. I would recommend searching for the TH11 HGHB, QW Pekka Bowitch and QW Hogs on YouTube. They're very easy raids with a relatively high success rate. Once you're confident with those armies you can expand into the LaLo raids.

Remember, the first step to getting 11v11 3 stars is realizing they're possible. Best of luck!
    If you are 3 starring max th11s at a rate of 60% you are very very elite. I definitely recommend you take part in the clan war leagues where you would be featured as one of the best players in the world.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.