Thread: Should be capable of searching for lost boom beach friends

Fresh Spawn

Should be capable of searching for lost boom beach friends

I think there should be an easier way to search for list boom beach friends

I think there is a lost and found thread somewhere but yes...it would be cool to search by players name.

If they did that, allow for an in game player search, would think they would have to do as Clash did. That is, search by unique player hashtag, not by name. Reason is that if I search for Boomer and 150 players are returned, how do I know which one of those players is the one I am looking for? What if I am looking for a player who has a name in the Japanese character set? These are the issues which forced Clash to a "#hashtag search only".

Next item to consider: If you could search for a player in Boom Beach, then what? We also need the means to actually do something, like see what Task Force they are in, or invite them to join our Task Force.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 10:17 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Senior Member DeepMindAlphaZero's Avatar
    Another thing you might have to worry about is bullying. Lets say I am NOT DMAZ, I go and attack Rowman's base. I can not beat him, so in spite, I find him via looking up his #, go into his TF, and start harassing Rowman and causing problems in general. The entire reason BB has no global chat is to prevent toxicity from forming within the game.

All this said, if you have BB facebook friends, then you can connect in game and even have some small privileges (ie can join a TF before HQ 6). Maybe you can use that for your individual problem.
    If you want something badly, work for it!

Centennial Club
    We need an in-game friends list, send a friend request (when you know where they are) that way you won't loose people in the first place. Click on their name, send friend request, then they have accept the request. Messages will be in mailbox (the one with tf invites); sent request, accepted request, you are now friends etc. Your in game friends are now on a tab next to FB friends (which is useless to me since I don't use FB, plz add this feature) standard....
    Last edited by TheRedSiren; 1 Week Ago at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedSiren View Post
    We need an in-game friends list, send a friend request (when you know where they are) that way you won't loose people in the first place. ....
    +1:

Agree! Even that though needs some additional features added. For example, an ability to see a players profile (as a friend) and to see which TF, if any, they are in. Way it is today, if we "friended" each other, we could only visit each others bases and nothing else.
    Last edited by rowman; 1 Week Ago at 01:42 PM.
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]

Senior Member DeepMindAlphaZero's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    +1:

Agree! Even that though needs some additional features added. For example, an ability to see a players profile (as a friend) and to see which TF, if any, they are in. Way it is today, if we "friended" each other, we could only visit each others bases and nothing else.
    Now here is my question to making in game friends, can you still be matched with them?

If yes I wonder if this would be a bit awkward attacking your friends base. I might go see Vic's base for example and not want to attack him due to our friendship. I also wonder if this might make for some LB corruption. I see someone asking all their buddies to beach their HQ for them, making "cheating" easier than ever. Now TBF it is already possible to do stuff like this, but I wonder how this would promote it.

If no, then you really have some corruption. Now I can make friends with my "LB Team" and we never find each other thus spawn on less bases and can target other guys more. Now you could follow the current TF setup and make it where if you lose the spawn if you were to draw your allies' bases. Maybe this is the solution.
    If you want something badly, work for it!

Great point DeepMindAlphaZero! Maybe limit maximum number of friends you can have, then as you suggest, remove friends from matching, but allow "Friendly Challanges"?
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by RxRchuck View Post
    I think there should be an easier way to search for list boom beach friends
    All of you are my enemies. There are no friends in Boom Beach. Only the friendly challenged. Everything else is a target. WHO NEEDS FRIENDS!?! They should take that “friend” tab away and instead put an enemy map list you can sort by rewards!

Edit: “Friendly Challenged” keeping it, friends are a disease in BB
    Last edited by shootemup; 2 Days Ago at 04:41 PM.