Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Beware of rogue hoods!!

Millennial Club
    In my experience there’s normally two sides to any story like this. ok so you completed 10 tasks last week, but it was the easist derby we have several had with an endless stream of easy 320 tasks. If you joined my hood, simply completeing 10 tasks might not be enough if you joined my hood. It would also matter what sort of tasks you did and how much help you needed to finish them, and also how well you communicated with me and other team members.
    In a case like yours I’d make it clear that you weren’t suited to our style of play, and let you collect your prizes. However if things became strained or I felt they were likely too, I would remove you and let you collect your prizes elsewhere.
    Finding the right balance of players and playing style to run a successful hood isn’t easy. Just because a player isnt a good fit for a hood and they part ways, doesn’t make them a ‘rogue hood’!
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

I had a similar experience very structured but small hood. I did six tasks on the first day but did the sixth task in a slightly different method than the hood prefers. Ie, I took the task prior to having all the yptownie required to fill the order. This was because my town was completely full as was my barn so I was in a complete stranglehold and could no longer complete any tasks in the normal manner. I had twelve of the sixteen and could not find the other four so used diamond to call trains and do the feeding. It cost me over 109 diamonds but I realky didnít care.i just wanted to move in. However I was told I needed to leave because I was stressed by derby and not doing it properly. I did more tasks than anyone in the hood except the leader who did the same as myself, so failed to see the problem. I donít get micromanaging a player as long as the task gets done.i did get upset but did apologize but was then further essentially yelled at. This happened more than once with this hood so I was happy to leave even tho I loved the way it was structured. I would love to do a similar hood but I doubt many would be interested, stacked townies complete stacks etc. I have a few other idea and actually believe Iíd make a darn good leader at this point but donít really know people. I digress. Iím sure Iíve lost my prizes and that absolutely annoys me although I have joined another hood for the time being. The leader tried to friend me and even tho she was not the real issue I did block. I was just so upset.
    HayDay Addict - Current Level 96 Town 29
    we need Peanut Butter!

Pro Member
    I have no opinon on the players or leaders that are concerned in current examples .
    BUT it is very hard to lead a BIG or medium-size TEAM .
    We have often got in players (mostly from small or one -man teams ) that think it is good to take as many 320 point tasks they can as fast they can . And sit and pick only fast and easy 320 tasks And often do all tasks in one day !
    IN A BIG TEAM THIS IS A DISASTER ! I always tell this to new players in the team , All players need to get tasks so they can start the Derby and get on their way to do it ,
    It is GOOD TEAM WORK that make a Big or medium-size team win , NOT one ' show of player that take 3200 point in one day "
    When I explain this simple data They often get very offended that We dont see how good they are ,
    BUT ANYONE CAN DO only 320 point tasks if they play that way BUT the team will lose because of it .
    I have never thrown anyone out for it , but same have left quite soon , a few after explaining that I am a ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, !
    But I have to take that dont I ? I am a leader .
    And My team have 139 Derby CUPs , So dont think I do everything wrong .
    Last edited by Lyngby; May 14th, 2018 at 01:21 PM.

I think you just need a hood that isn’t all uptight and crazy about the derby...our hood doesn’t kick people out for not picking tasks that are high enough points. We let people choose what THEY want to do. Because it’s a GAME. A game people. Just a game! Guess what?! Games are supposed to be fun and relaxing not stressful. They should never have treated you like that.

If you havent found a hood yet please consider joining us. (Honey fields) you can also search on here for our recruitment post. We don’t have a ton of rules. We only kick people if they are moochers who join, never say one word and keep asking for items over and over again or if they haven’t played in months. We are friendly and chatty and we play for fun, not for points or prizes. Those things are nice, but we are completely satisfied with the amount of prizes that we collect every week. Winning is not everything. I hope you found somewhere good to go. Good luck! ��
    - Happy farming everyone!
    Farm Name: Dahlia Gardens or Raeís Magical Orchards

Level: 73 (Adult)
    Tag: #JL229Q2Q My friends list is sadly full but use my tag to find our hood if you wish.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    In my experience there’s normally two sides to any story like this. ok so you completed 10 tasks last week, but it was the easiest derby we have several had with an endless stream of easy 320 tasks. If you joined my hood, simply completing 10 tasks might not be enough if you joined my hood. It would also matter what sort of tasks you did and how much help you needed to finish them, and also how well you communicated with me and other team members.
    This, basically.
    I have seen people take all the easiest tasks (help, mining, town, etc) and finish in double quick time. Great for them but not so good for the hood. I'm not suggesting this is what has happened on this occasion but, as you say, there are always two sides.
    I am happy to take my time with tasks because I know I can still get them all done in time. I rarely take a help task, for example, unless I'm running out of time or sometimes when I've been waiting and trashing for ages and just take a quick one out of frustration instead.
    Farm: OCDean, currently level 121. Achievements: 143/144
    Tag: #8V9URGQJR
    Been playing since 25th November 2016

I have only booted a player once prior to derby end because the player was sabotaging the derby for our entire group.

I prefer to boot as early as possible on Monday. Iíve tried to let players go by asking them to leave rather than boot, full on drama insued. Iíve tried to keep players on an opted out basis, didnít work. I hate booting players.

If you had no warnings or problems being addressed then this is poor leadership. But I also know Iíve been forced into the bad guy role by non performing players. And Iíve heard how awful I am. There are always 2 sides to a story. Hope you find a new neighborhood more to your style. Try to use this a a learning experience and rise above the negativity. I suggest asking questions when you join a new hood. Know their expectations and how to meet them. Good luck!

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean73 View Post
    This, basically.
    I have seen people take all the easiest tasks (help, mining, town, etc) and finish in double quick time. Great for them but not so good for the hood. I'm not suggesting this is what has happened on this occasion but, as you say, there are always two sides.
    I am happy to take my time with tasks because I know I can still get them all done in time. I rarely take a help task, for example, unless I'm running out of time or sometimes when I've been waiting and trashing for ages and just take a quick one out of frustration instead.
    Dean thatís exactly the style of play I ask from my team, task for the team and not just to make your own derby as easy as possible. I donít take help, mining, trucks or train tasks - simply because I prepare a lot of other tasks to be as quick as a help task, and other team members will need the quicker tasks more than me. We even limit the number of tasks per day, so there is no point in grabbing all the quickest tasks you can find. If I see someone taking a help task for their 8th task when others have only completed a couple of tasks, that tells me they donít get the team ethos and would be better off in a hood playing in a different way.
    Our hood is all about helping each other, but when I see a player asking for even the most basic stuff to fill boats, and you look at their farm and nothing is running😡 .... thereís lots of other reasons too why any player might not be a good fit for a hood.
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 champions league golds ďTeam first, my barn is your barnĒ
    recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

Quote Originally Posted by mdcfc View Post
    Dean that’s exactly the style of play I ask from my team, task for the team and not just to make your own derby as easy as possible. I don’t take help, mining, trucks or train tasks - simply because I prepare a lot of other tasks to be as quick as a help task, and other team members will need the quicker tasks more than me. We even limit the number of tasks per day, so there is no point in grabbing all the quickest tasks you can find. If I see someone taking a help task for their 8th task when others have only completed a couple of tasks, that tells me they don’t get the team ethos and would be better off in a hood playing in a different way.
    Our hood is all about helping each other, but when I see a player asking for even the most basic stuff to fill boats, and you look at their farm and nothing is running�� .... there’s lots of other reasons too why any player might not be a good fit for a hood.

mdcfc, I totally like the way you lead your team! Some players at as high as level 132 is still begging for brown sugars and flag up all 4 crates for boat task. I am at level 145 and as co-leader, I help a lot since i am always well stocked but lately, seeing all the new members that are still not self sustaining, my evil horns are out. I can see that they spend a lot of time on the game but i can not understand why they are so lazy to produce all the stuff themselves. I hate lazy farmer who loves to use the short cut to get stuff from hoodies and keep begging or buying our stuff like a tornado wiping out all goodies in shop. What’s more, not a word of thanks to the helps rendered. How do you tackle such players?

The leader doesn’t encourage donation or greedy members either but because they are able to complete all tasks with good points and they don’t cause drama, she let them stay for a while until they are really not learning and they will be booted.
    Last edited by purpleclove; August 16th, 2018 at 11:58 AM.

Hi and welcome to the forum. This is a very old thread that was renewed with the comment above yours. The OP of the thread may very well not see this, and recruiting for NH’s has it’s own sub-forum here: https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...od-Recruitment

If you would like to respond to those looking for a NH, this is the link: https://forum.supercell.com/forumdis...a-Neighborhood

Please read the stickies threads at the top of the pages. These will help tremendously on your quest to build your NH.
    Level 148
    Achievement 143/144
    Be kind. 🤗

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    This is an old thread that has been necro'd.

Some members have been posting recruitment pitches on here since its revival. That's inappropriate, as it is taking the thread off topic.

I'm therefore closing the thread.

Thank you.

Hay Day level 162 (main farm) - Achievement 132/132 reached on 11 July 2017
    Android player who doesn't use Facebook
    Magic nets cast in all 12 fishing spots on 8 December, 16 January, 7 February, 12 April, 21 May and 21 June (Hay Day's 5th birthday), when I finally got the Pearl of the Sea!
    Anchor received on 20 March 2018. Still no cannon or wheel...