Thread: Opted outs are being opted in

Opted outs are being opted in

Two weeks ago one of my hoodies who had opted out was opted in following our Derby result. She hadn't opted in herself, it appears the game did this. It was just by chance we noticed and by then Derby had started so I couldn't activate leader opt out function. Fortunately I was able to reach out to my hoodie and she competed that week. Had she been out of the game on vacation or just having a complete break we might not have been so lucky.

I hear today this has happened in a friends hood too following Derby result earlier today, luckily they have been able to activate leader opt out before the new Derby starts.

Not sure if SC are aware of this glitch but wanted to share so others can check their opted out/in players!
    Last edited by Paulettes; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:40 PM.

We had the same thing happen to 2 of our hoodies! 1 was going on vacation and the other had family dramas going on!
    We have been together long enough to trust that they're telling the truth!
    REALLY HOPE THIS GETS FIXED ASAP! HAYDAY IS A FUN GAME THAT SOME TAKE SERIOUS AND HAVE WORKED HARD ON AND SPENT REAL MONEY ON! REAL LIFE HAPPENS AND IT'S NICE TO KNOW THAT YOU CAN OPT OUT AND TAKE CARE OF REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!
    Don't look back in anger

It’s a good idea to check status and put in hood mail for people to check their status before derby start.

Those who look like they are supposed to be opted out can be manually opted out.

until this problem is fixed, it is all we can do
    Farm 135
    CoC TH9 BhB 8 AQ 20 BK 12
    established level 12 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

I had a Neighbor inform us today that I opted her out of the Derby. This wasn't true. I didn't opt her out. She is new to the Neighborhood and opted in last week and participated. We were glad to have her on our team. Now... she got the message that I opted her out, but she actually wasn't opted out. So 2 glitches for one player.

I thought I'd add this to this thread.
    And I will inform my neighbors to check their status before the derby starts.
    Last edited by smilingdawn; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:14 AM.

New Bloke/Chick
    I also had the experience of mysteriously being opted into a derby without actually opting myself in. This happened after an update. Caused a fair bit of stress at the time since I had other commitments that week. Just wondering if there is some connection with seeing this glitch after an update?

This has been a sporadic issue for at least a year now. It happened in my hood a few times last summer and fall. It has been reported to SC and was posted on the bugs thread in the past, but it sounds like it isn’t fixed.