Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 96 of 96

Thread: Win Streak

  1. #91
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by nstar612 View Post
    First, let me get the disclaimers out of the way. I don't think I am an elite player nor do I even consider our clan to be an elite war clan. Maybe we are, but I wouldn't know because there are so many war clans out there in the world which I have very little visibility to. What I wanted to share is from my personal observations and knowledge of the game. I was never a hardcore war player. In fact, my background was in running a farm war clan. At the end of my farm war career, I decided to learn to triple max bases. It doesn't take an elite player to triple a max base. There are very very few true elite players in the game. My definition of elite player is one who can come up with the strategy and execution to triple "any" base. Most of the triples you see out there are done by players who are good with 1-2 strategies and recognizes which base they have highest chance to triple. The key is to put yourself in environment that can maximize your skill. When it comes to looking for a war clan, my criteria was one that is TH11 only, active in FCs, and has a few elite players who can consistently triple. TH11 only war is unique in that everyone is(should) be going for triples. It's not that we are all elite players who thinks 2 stars is a failed attack. In our wars, all bases will be 2 starred. The match is mostly determined by number of triples. When you put yourself in this environment, you will be surprised how the triples just come naturally. I don't think most members in our clan spend much time practicing or strategizing for each war attack. They simply roll with the same army and look for bases that they have best chance to triple.

    For anyone who is a max TH11 player, I strongly suggest you to at least try out a TH11 only war clan. Don't pay attention to the triple rate. TH11 war format/style is so different comparing to mixed TH wars that it's really irrelevant to compare the statistics. I wasn't a 3 star specialist prior to joining my current clan, and I am still not one.
    Thx for your insight nstar, I believe everybody can improve significantly if they really want to practice, and joining all max th11 is really helpfull, but in my experience 3* planning take me at least 1 hour per attack, and I have 7 TH11, if I need to plan 14 hours every war, I believe I will be worn out very fast, and similar to MajorJohnson, I still enjoying other part of the game more, I may join a clan like yours, if I have more spare time.

    Back to my original point, not many of us especially with multiple accts can afford to really have time to prepare such attack day in day out

  2. #92
    Forum Veteran nstar612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,501
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Thx for your insight nstar, I believe everybody can improve significantly if they really want to practice, and joining all max th11 is really helpfull, but in my experience 3* planning take me at least 1 hour per attack, and I have 7 TH11, if I need to plan 14 hours every war, I believe I will be worn out very fast, and similar to MajorJohnson, I still enjoying other part of the game more, I may join a clan like yours, if I have more spare time.

    Back to my original point, not many of us especially with multiple accts can afford to really have time to prepare such attack day in day out
    Sure, I can understand everyone plays the game for different reasons. For me, I get enough satisfaction just playing one account and be the best I can in it.

  3. #93
    Senior Member NacMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Back to my original point, not many of us especially with multiple accts can afford to really have time to prepare such attack day in day out
    This is so true for me, its only war that keeps me playing now as I have multiple accounts and not a huge amount of time.

  4. #94
    Skrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    6,284
    Quote Originally Posted by nstar612 View Post
    For anyone who is a max TH11 player, I strongly suggest you to at least try out a TH11 only war clan. Don't pay attention to the triple rate. TH11 war format/style is so different comparing to mixed TH wars that it's really irrelevant to compare the statistics. I wasn't a 3 star specialist prior to joining my current clan, and I am still not one.
    This is an excellent and interesting point. Putting aside the modding issues that can surface in TH11 wars, there is a huge fundamental difference between mixed TH wars and all TH11 wars in respect of actually learning.

    When I watch some of these wars, and I see #32 hitting #1, it all seems rather surreal given the typical nature of mixed TH wars.
    Players can gamble more, or try new things that maybe sit out of their comfort zone in all TH11 wars.
    Often in mixed TH wars, every attack at the top of a roster can be critical. You often can't afford to risk a 1* fail, so often you go with tried and tested safe 2 attacks. This is actually a barrier to learning and improving as an attacker.

    For example, in my own clans wars, we rarely see Laloon variant attacks. The perception is that these attacks are just too risky in the hands of an decent but not necessarily accomplished practised attacker.

    Interesting stuff!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/47/20

  5. #95
    Forum Veteran nstar612's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,501
    In case anyone is interested in seeing mod attacks at TH11 (sorry, in Japanese):

    https://youtu.be/3wpMMvyvUAY

    This is why TH11-only war streaks are impossible.

  6. #96
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by nstar612 View Post
    In case anyone is interested in seeing mod attacks at TH11 (sorry, in Japanese):

    https://youtu.be/3wpMMvyvUAY

    This is why TH11-only war streaks are impossible.
    Nice, the ability to drop exact number of 34 loons, 3 lava and 7-9 spells, at almost 20 spots in 3 seconds, very highly skilled, lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •