Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: When is a new TH considered a .5?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Parking lot of Grateful Dead show
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    This is exactly what I was asking. I'm a mid TH11 (upgraded from 40/40 Max TH10) and while adding AT, Cannon, WT I haven't yet build the 4th Xbow.
    As you correctly assume it's all about reducing that % 3 star rate on my base, which is fairly low at the moment, but against big max offence TH11's it's hit and miss.
    Agree with both Major and Sam. The 4th xbow is worth the weight if the rest is upgraded. Major will tell you not to upgrade wiz tower and mortar, I haven't seen as much downside to upgrading them. Everything on my 11 is built and maxed (not walls) no inferno, no eagle. Gold weight is 86,000. Cannot be 3'd by a th10. Stands up to most mid level th11 hits. Will get 3'd by advanced th11's or very good attackers. If you add a good design and have the infernos, you will defend more often than not.

    My opinion is you are defending against mid level, average attackers. That is most people you run into. If a 50-50-20 has to "dip" it is a win.

  2. #42
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    This is exactly what I was asking. I'm a mid TH11 (upgraded from 40/40 Max TH10) and while adding AT, Cannon, WT I haven't yet build the 4th Xbow.
    As you correctly assume it's all about reducing that % 3 star rate on my base, which is fairly low at the moment, but against big max offence TH11's it's hit and miss.
    the 4th maxed XBow will only add 1K to your weight and i found it very worth it for the weight, not like the first lvl3 xbow which add almost 3k in a th9
    Last edited by samratulangi; May 11th, 2018 at 07:25 PM.

  3. #43
    Millennial Club MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Agree with both Major and Sam. The 4th xbow is worth the weight if the rest is upgraded. Major will tell you not to upgrade wiz tower and mortar, I haven't seen as much downside to upgrading them. Everything on my 11 is built and maxed (not walls) no inferno, no eagle. Gold weight is 86,000. Cannot be 3'd by a th10. Stands up to most mid level th11 hits. Will get 3'd by advanced th11's or very good attackers. If you add a good design and have the infernos, you will defend more often than not.

    My opinion is you are defending against mid level, average attackers. That is most people you run into. If a 50-50-20 has to "dip" it is a win.
    Xbow isn't THAT much weight, and it is handy so it's not going to be a big liability if you do.

    I'm more about trying to cut any weight that may be considered unnecessary because I'm an anchor so let's say I haven't built bomb towers, not fully upgraded wiz towers or mortors and only 2 xbows. I might save an extra 4-5k weight, but if everyone has all these little savings then it adds up.

    I also think Ripples base is one of the most ideal bases for war, though if you don't have max archer towers and cannons, you should max them out as you would be vulnerable to queen walks.

    My base is 96k WW and have no eagle, 3 lvl 6 mortors, 5 lvl 7 wiz towers, lvl 2 seeking mines, level 4 infernos and i think most of my spring traps are 1 level away from max. The rest of my stuff is max, including walls.

    I know it's not much savings for me but every little bit counts!
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; May 11th, 2018 at 08:39 PM.

  4. #44
    Centennial Club 23skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    153
    Since going to 10 and running my base at the 1 slot I have yet to draw a 10 with infernos. All my camps are now finished and outside of what I mentioned in the OP for upgrades I have worked on traps (little bombs and red air bomb). Still no Bowlers... sorry Tank, but I’m fleshing out my theory about .5’s tipping weight to draw infernos. I’ve been pleased with my Golem, Wiz, and Valk choices to this point. Curious to see if finishing camps will show a change.

    edit- thought I should add that I haven’t drawn a 9 at the opposing top either. All other degrees of 9.5’s in the other clan’s 1 slot.
    Last edited by 23skidoo; May 17th, 2018 at 04:02 AM.

  5. #45
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
    Since going to 10 and running my base at the 1 slot I have yet to draw a 10 with infernos. All my camps are now finished and outside of what I mentioned in the OP for upgrades I have worked on traps (little bombs and red air bomb). Still no Bowlers... sorry Tank, but Iím fleshing out my theory about .5ís tipping weight to draw infernos. Iíve been pleased with my Golem, Wiz, and Valk choices to this point. Curious to see if finishing camps will show a change.

    edit- thought I should add that I havenít drawn a 9 at the opposing top either. All other degrees of 9.5ís in the other clanís 1 slot.
    Think you may find that if you concentrate on point and air, you should continue to get similar draws, but have the extra defensive power that the point/ad brings. Tesla is another nice lightweight addition.
    Our anchor dropped his bow, and upgraded splash, so we could purposely fish for an IT on oppo roster. He doesn't carry them, so the added weight on their roster helped our other bases out as weight gained one place has to be shed elsewhere. We were running one or 2 almost max (minus hero) 9s at the time.
    We are in the process of going back to the roster engineering at present, as natural progression is leaving us short on 9s. It would appear a "red 9", with upgraded lab, and so far 1 upgraded camp, is not having a noticeable effect either. Maybe thru the 3 sandbags on the bottom tho, in a 15v.

  6. #46
    Forum Superstar TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,090
    Quote Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
    Still no Bowlers... sorry Tank, but Iím fleshing out my theory about .5ís tipping weight to draw infernos.
    Hey if it works, it works. I still suspect you'll start drawing heavier 10s, or even worse 9.11s but maybe that only happens when you run several .5s.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    474
    This is an interesting discussion if only for the different perspectives at which the responses come, engineers, balanced and casual.

    I think that the tipping point can only be known in the context of your clan's war breakdown of which bases you put in. If you put the same bases in consistently then it will be obvious over time when the matchups change.

  8. #48
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by KOAE View Post
    This is an interesting discussion if only for the different perspectives at which the responses come, engineers, balanced and casual.

    I think that the tipping point can only be known in the context of your clan's war breakdown of which bases you put in. If you put the same bases in consistently then it will be obvious over time when the matchups change.
    +1.. I agree. If you are looking at working the weights, then running a stable roster is necessary. There are many variables that can cause change, Swapping accounts would bring with it hidden variables that would contaminate any results observed.
    Is an interesting project Skidoo is running. One that can help all. Trouble is, the whole clan will be on a natural progression, so multiple upgrades could tip the balance, without it being his own account. Looking forward to the results tho.

  9. #49
    Centennial Club 23skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Think you may find that if you concentrate on point and air, you should continue to get similar draws, but have the extra defensive power that the point/ad brings. Tesla is another nice lightweight addition.
    Our anchor dropped his bow, and upgraded splash, so we could purposely fish for an IT on oppo roster. He doesn't carry them, so the added weight on their roster helped our other bases out as weight gained one place has to be shed elsewhere. We were running one or 2 almost max (minus hero) 9s at the time.
    We are in the process of going back to the roster engineering at present, as natural progression is leaving us short on 9s. It would appear a "red 9", with upgraded lab, and so far 1 upgraded camp, is not having a noticeable effect either. Maybe thru the 3 sandbags on the bottom tho, in a 15v.
    Yes Sir, points next, splash? Maybe later... lol. I almost think Infernos would help more than splash for the ingrained pucker factor. Old habits die hard. Still not sure what bomb towers help with other than more hitpoints to eat through and a known heal area for hogs.

    Was your IT fishing expedition not a success? Why’d you give up on it? Or am I reading that wrong?

  10. #50
    Centennial Club 23skidoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Hey if it works, it works. I still suspect you'll start drawing heavier 10s, or even worse 9.11s but maybe that only happens when you run several .5s.
    Yep, the heavier draw is inevitable imo. My question is, when (for my roster)? I would really like to avoid the .11’s, but if they aren’t legit on their point defs I’ll give them a run and keep it interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •