Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: When is a new TH considered a .5?

I really think traditional .5 is bad idea for current MMA. Reverse .5 is quite good for now.
    https://imgur.com/a/S6uTNNL

I have over 10 clanmates run this style now, all we have full defenses but no GW on TH11. and we also have some big th11 or big th10. We often gain a lots advantage. We did it from last December update when PP was released.

Quote Originally Posted by 23skidoo View Post
    Tank, I have my suspicions about adding bowlers being one of those key tipping points. Have you guys noticed anything to confirm that thought? I imagine not if you’re recommending it, but it’s a theory of mine.
    Yep they're heavy, generally the useful war troops are heavy and offensive weights aren't linear (so if you unlock only 1/3 of the useful war troops/heroes/spells, you'll have way over 1/3 the max offensive weight). Careful upgrading is still useful, but that's not an option with .5s - they maxxed previous level, too late to be careful now.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    As for th10.. I don't think its a dead zone. There is a lot of enjoyable game play at this level. Can either tank 9s, or take on the bigger challenge of hitting bigger bases, as the power increase from th9 is maybe the biggest in the game (haven't tried 11 in war yet).
    Troops.. Nothing wrong with GoVaWi at this level. Our regular guy has real good success with it. He is pretty adept in spotting a build flaw and exploiting it, usually picking a great entry point. Is pretty adept with his lalo too. Bowlers may be the norm, but for us it is still the future.
    It's a good point, I've been pretty critical of TH10 play, how useless it feels, how the 10s bench themselves. Yet we seem to get better overall matches when we include some 10s, probably just selection effects.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post

It's a good point, I've been pretty critical of TH10 play, how useless it feels, how the 10s bench themselves. Yet we seem to get better overall matches when we include some 10s, probably just selection effects.
    I would tend to agree with their limitations in a predominantly th11 war. It would be the same with any level, I would expect. The lower hall will always struggle if outgunned. But since our top hall/halls are 10s, and nowhere near a point where "next hall up" can occur, they do ok. Ours don't have IT, and can pull them, but I feel this is simply diluting their roster elsewhere.
    So far as better matching.. I agree, it is most likely just balancing, or they fit into your build well.

Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    I really think traditional .5 is bad idea for current MMA. Reverse .5 is quite good for now.
    https://imgur.com/a/S6uTNNL

I have over 10 clanmates run this style now, all we have full defenses but no GW on TH11. and we also have some big th11 or big th10. We often gain a lots advantage. We did it from last December update when PP was released.
    I've seen you mention this a couple of times, and it’s an interesting concept. Hiding defenses at the expense of some offense. However, I would suspect you are able to do that because you have “Big TH11 or Big th10”. I have neither in my clan and I guess I should have been more clear about that. Quick question for you, what would a reverse 9.5 look like? And how would that be favorably applied to a clan being the top base or second base in a 10v war?
    Last edited by 23skidoo; May 6th, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

Banned
    I've seen you mention this a couple of times, and it’s an interesting concept. Hiding defenses at the expense of some offense. However, I would suspect you are able to do that because you have “Big TH11 or Big th10”. I have neither in my clan and I guess I should have been more clear about that. Quick question for you, what would a reverse 9.5 look like? And how would that be favorably applied to a clan being the top base or second base in a 10v war?
    I would be cautious about following some of these one off types of bases. Unless, you and the entire clan, works together to engineer specific bases in specific combinations you will not have the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGame1 View Post
    I'd class you as .5 already to be fair, your probably notice a point where the enemy clan has a .5 on their side, as soon as that regularly turns into an inferno 10 i'd be dropping them. Regardless of offense weight with bowlers, that would have been my first upgrade, as soon as you master them you will have the best shot at being successful, which will also translate well for th11. You done good doing valks though, Falcon is strong thats our current goto for Th10 unless we face big open bases, then its bowitch. Don't listen to people that say th10s in a bad spot and you need to rush to Th11, the 3 stars dont come easy or often, but we find the 10v10s from the enemy side come even less, its still enjoyable. The guys in our clan who aren't caught up in weights and all that garbage, who realise high percentage 2's and occassional 3's are the norm, really dont mind th10 at all.
    So, it’s a fairly organic, read and react kinda deal. Kinda figured that’s how it needs to be in a general sense. I appreciate the additional opinion. Also noted the bowler comment, that’s 2 now. So, are 10’s running BoWitch combos or Bowler healer attacks? I’d love to back a killsquad with Bowlers and run Hogs through an inferno base, as Hogs are my jam, however the risks seem fairly high.

Maybe I just need to suck it up and be our anchor and go heavy balanced. I’m OK with that, but want to weigh the options before just going for it as there’s no turning back, yet.

Btw, for those wondering, I’ve run my base as the top base in 2 wars after going to 10 and both times were other infernoless 10’s across and usually the other clan has very low filler down low while we have th8’s to the bottom. We’ve done well in those wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    I would be cautious about following some of these one off types of bases. Unless, you and the entire clan, works together to engineer specific bases in specific combinations you will not have the same results.
    Roger that. Don’t worry too much, I’m just curious if he/she actually is suggesting that for me after reading the thread or has some agenda regardless of if it fits other’s needs and or clan makeup.

Btw, how’s overlord status treating you now days? And have I missed any new titles?

Millennial Club
    So, it’s a fairly organic, read and react kinda deal. Kinda figured that’s how it needs to be in a general sense. I appreciate the additional opinion. Also noted the bowler comment, that’s 2 now. So, are 10’s running BoWitch combos or Bowler healer attacks? I’d love to back a killsquad with Bowlers and run Hogs through an inferno base, as Hogs are my jam, however the risks seem fairly high.

Maybe I just need to suck it up and be our anchor and go heavy balanced. I’m OK with that, but want to weigh the options before just going for it as there’s no turning back, yet.

Btw, for those wondering, I’ve run my base as the top base in 2 wars after going to 10 and both times were other infernoless 10’s across and usually the other clan has very low filler down low while we have th8’s to the bottom. We’ve done well in those wars.
    I think your make up is fairly similar to ours. When we first run a single 10 up top, with multiple 9s below, we weren't getting IT bases either. As his 10 grew, the ferno bases started to pop up. We didn't see this as a problem, as they are not what they used to be, and still appear to carry a heavy bag around with them, so I suggested he leave his base without them. It does, in my opinion, dilute the oppo roster when they have an IT base. We are ok with only hitting a 2 star on oppositions top base anyway, so a lighter #1 isn't an issue with us. We are currently, experimenting with a second 10, and the extra firepower is making things more interesting, but carrying some low bases is upsetting the match. Am ready to allow his 11 back into war, so the roster balance can be fixed. But as others have said, don't worry about .5.. Just think of it as a 10, and do what you feel is required. Just one warning reminder.. once you build something, you cant unbuild it if it turns out you acted too hastily. I learned that lesson the hard way mate. Good luck.

Banned
    Roger that. Don’t worry too much, I’m just curious if he/she actually is suggesting that for me after reading the thread or has some agenda regardless of if it fits other’s needs and or clan makeup.

Btw, how’s overlord status treating you now days? And have I missed any new titles?
    Major Johnson has no agenda, but carefully orchestrates the people warring. He is sharing his experience and knowledge. Others spouting their own views......

I try to rule with benevolence. And Clark added another title, I believe it was SC stooge.

yes, I have
    10 maxed th11
    1 10.5
    4 maxed th10
    10 th9
    5~10 th11 no GW, but all over 90k, hero 30/30+
    5 9.11, full offense,74~88k, I argue them but you know...
    5~10 th11 for Power potion engineering.
    1~5 40/40/10 th11, our original th10. They are our efforts, we should carry them to grow up

We got advantages in 80% match, the advantage is:
    We have much more anchor th11, also
    We have much more 50/50/20 hero, also
    We have much more th11 level, but
    We have less GW count and total level, and
    We often got disadvantage after 5 win streaks.