Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to the reputation system.

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Changes to the reputation system.

Hello, forumites!

We are brought here today due to changes to the reputation system. As of the 4th of May - we have removed the ability to downvote posts from all the forums.

Now you may be thinking, "Aww, but that means we cant downvote Tim[Supercell] anymore!" This is true, but that is not the reason for the change. A small group of people have used the reputation system to skirt around the rules - leaving comments on peoples profiles that are against the rules. There have been a few instances of members who have been doing nothing but leaving rude, racial and derogatory remarks for months on end. Something like this off-putting to new forum members.

In addition to the above-mentioned reasons, we have decided that negative voting is... well... nothing but negative. And we want for these communities to be positive, fun and safe places to be.

May the fourth be with you,
    The Mod Squad

may the fourth be with you.

Crab Claw
    Kudos to Tim[SUPERCELL]....

Fun apart.....nice move👍👍👍

I have nothing to say tho

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by LachNessMeownster View Post
    Hello, forumites!

We are brought here today due to changes to the reputation system. As of the 4th of May - we have removed the ability to downvote posts from all the forums.

Now you may be thinking, "Aww, but that means we cant downvote Tim[Supercell] anymore!" This is true, but that is not the reason for the change. A small group of people have used the reputation system to skirt around the rules - leaving comments on peoples profiles that are against the rules. There have been a few instances of members who have been doing nothing but leaving rude, racial and derogatory remarks for months on end. Something like this off-putting to new forum members.

In addition to the above-mentioned reasons, we have decided that negative voting is... well... nothing but negative. And we want for these communities to be positive, fun and safe places to be.

May the fourth be with you,
    The Mod Squad
    Any chance of being able to "upvote" some post on mobile version too? Would be nice not having to change from mobile to full and back again all the time

Hmmm okay 🤔

Glad to hear it. You mean like the time the guy left a comment "you're an idiot." I agree with him on the comment but the downvote was just wrong. Ajax fixed it.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Join us on Discord
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8
    My post is opinion unless I specifically state it's a fact.

Banned
    Seems an odd decision. Because a small group leaves derogatory messages, no one can down vote. If people want to leave these messages then they will. They can do it via pm, vm or even on a thread. It has nothing to do with the rep system but the person behind it. Even if they wanted to leave a derogatory message, the can still do it via +rep - the people who leave these kind of messages often have less than 10 rep so their +rep wouldnít count anyway.

To me, this seems like it should be simply covered by the forum rules - racist, vulgar, derogatory or whatever messages shouldnít be tolerated and the mods are correct in whatever action they take. By this logic, will you be blocking VMs because Iíve had instances of abuse via that medium?

It looks like the abusive actions of the vast minority have dictated the rules for the vast majority. We voted for both positive and negative rep, but it looks like democracy most certainly isnít the winner here.

Additional - normally Iíd expect a few down votes for a post like that but I guess Iím safe now
    Last edited by BlindHaze; May 4th, 2018 at 09:36 AM.

Forum Veteran
    Great, finally i can have a double digit reputation points ��

Sounds good to me, but I'd be more interested in getting more weight by leveling up.

Level 18
    - 9,363/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 206] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!