Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INTRODUCING: New Passive Tower: The Aura Tower - with lots of images - READ ME :)

Exclamation INTRODUCING: New Passive Tower: The Aura Tower - with lots of images - READ ME :)

HEY CLASHERS!

I want to present you my concept of a new passive tower called 'Aura Tower'. The Aura Tower will enhance Towers sorrounded by him with two different modes. I think it would fit into the game pretty good and give Clash of Clans way more tactical depth! I'm looking forward to hear your feedback and criticism!

Please make sure to read anything carefully before you leave your feedback. I also always revise my ideas or change them based on user feedback so you may have a second look at a later date!

OVERVIEW:

• The Aura Tower can be set to two different modes: Siege Mode and Fortify Mode, I'm gonna explain them below.

• It will be visual by color how its set up.

• The Aura Tower itself has relatively low hitpoints so it can be taken down pretty easily

• Towers that get affected by the Aura Tower have a glowing ring under it in the respective color of its mode.

• The Aura Tower will only work on defensive structures (No Traps and Hero Altars) and multiple Aura Tower effects won't stack.

• The Aura Tower will be loaded with Dark Elixir.

• Since the game is pretty balanced in its current state, i would implement this tower in future Town Halls (I'm thinking of like 2 of them). It will consist of 3 levels.

SIEGE MODE:

• In Siege Mode, the Aura Tower will boost the damage and the attack speed of the surrounded towers
    • The color for Siege Mode is red
    • It will increase the Damage by 5% (Level 1), 10% (Level 2), and 15% (Level 3)
    • It will also increase the attack speed by 5% (Level 1), 10% (Level 2), and 15% (Level 3)

FORTIFY MODE:

• In Fortify Mode, the Aura Tower will increase the hitpoints of the surrounded towers
    • It will also increase the range of nearby towers
    • The color for Fortify Mode is green
    • It will increase the hitpoints by 20% (Level 1), 30% (Level 2), and 40% (Level 3)
    • Range will get increased by +1 (Level 1), +1.5 (Level 2) and +2 (Level 3)

Since this tower is intended for future Town Halls, I left out the costs for it. If you have further ideas for it, let me know :-)

Also, please don‘t nail me on the exact variables, those can be tweaked and changed when this goes to testing process. Also consider this tower as the new mighty tower for future TH‘s like EA and IT‘s have been for TH10 and TH11!

If you liked this idea, feel free to look up my other ideas in my signature! :-)

I really like it! But I put it on TH 9 or 10. I like that SC balances the game, but this balances sometimes close the door to other cool and interesting features that aren't in the game because the balances. ( It's only my opinion ☺)
    Last edited by Cascaaldeas; April 30th, 2018 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cascaaldeas View Post
    I really like it! But I put it on TH 9 or 10. I like that SC balances the game, but this balances sometimes close the door to other cool and interesting features that aren't in the game because the balances. ( It's only my opinion ☺)
    If this was balanced properly, this could also get implemented previous TownHalls. Anyway, this would take a lot of balancing so it's easier to implement this in coming TownHalls

Wow the design looks awesome, I think it would fit in the game!

Banned
    I really like this idea! I think it would be best for th10 & 11, it would really help balance the game. Great idea!

I got the suggestion that Damage and Speed Mode will be merged into 'Siege Mode' so this will have both attack speed increase and damage increase (numbers will cut down to 5%,10%,15% for both then). Fortify Mode will get range increase as another feature so Speed Mode will omitted.
    This could also be considered for this tower!

Sounds very similar to the proto's they've implemented in BB, which did take some work in balancing but was a nice addition to the game with a bit of tweaking. I like this idea, but really only if this upgrade applies to the newest TH level (as the OP suggested). I just don't see how SC would be able to implement this at lower TH levels (as some have proposed). Yes, it would definitely make people rethink their attack strategies (which adds another dimension to the game and is the desired effect of these updates), but I wonder if it would just be too much. SC could give offense a huge buff at lower TH levels, but I could see this leading to a "rush the aura tower" meta, which sounds really boring... SC could also change how certain turrets work when they're under the influence of the aura tower (e.g., speed buff, damage per shot lowered; damage buff, attack rate lowered), but that sounds like it may be like the gear-up option (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but does seem like it would be an "eh" type of addition to the game). If implemented as the new "big hitter" defense at TH12, then SC could simply balance these buffs by designing the new TH12 troops around them. I do think SC needs to be a bit careful (as is the case with any update), but it does sound like an interesting building.

I'm assuming that the tower's effects don't stack (i.e., 2 aura towers surrounding the same turrets)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty31383 View Post
    Sounds very similar to the proto's they've implemented in BB, which did take some work in balancing but was a nice addition to the game with a bit of tweaking. I like this idea, but really only if this upgrade applies to the newest TH level (as the OP suggested). I just don't see how SC would be able to implement this at lower TH levels (as some have proposed). Yes, it would definitely make people rethink their attack strategies (which adds another dimension to the game and is the desired effect of these updates), but I wonder if it would just be too much. SC could give offense a huge buff at lower TH levels, but I could see this leading to a "rush the aura tower" meta, which sounds really boring... SC could also change how certain turrets work when they're under the influence of the aura tower (e.g., speed buff, damage per shot lowered; damage buff, attack rate lowered), but that sounds like it may be like the gear-up option (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but does seem like it would be an "eh" type of addition to the game). If implemented as the new "big hitter" defense at TH12, then SC could simply balance these buffs by designing the new TH12 troops around them. I do think SC needs to be a bit careful (as is the case with any update), but it does sound like an interesting building.

I'm assuming that the tower's effects don't stack (i.e., 2 aura towers surrounding the same turrets)?
    Hey,
    thanks for your feedback! Yes thats also my thought thats its better to implement this in future town halls to avoid huge balancing changes.

Yes, effects of the aura tower won‘t stack or this would be way too powerful
    Last edited by nilsk89; May 1st, 2018 at 02:07 PM.

got a similar idea but the modes are different: "offense", "defense" , "slow".

I think with some balancing this would make a cool addition! Nice modules.

Click here for a surprise!

I play video games.
    My favorite games: Fortnite, COD, Clash of Clans.
    #SaveRoyale.