Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Did You Know...

So intersting thanks🌻🌻🌻
    💓LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH💓

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    Sunflowers do indeed follow the sun! There are lots of fields of them in the area where I live. Here’s a link to an article published by our local university about them. Don’t worry, it’s for the public rather than scholars, and it’s not very long. Here are my favorite couple of facts from the article:
    They turn from east to west during the day and then back to east overnight.
    When they are full size, they stay oriented to the east. That allows them to warm up more quickly in the morning, and the bees like warmer flowers.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/sunflowers-move-clock/
    Thank you!

Edit
    My fascination was this: I assumed that the sunflowers “followed” the sun. In other words, the sun drove the movement. Blew my mind that the flower times the sun and adjusts itself (its growth!) to the movement of the sun across the sky! What a planet we live on. Amazing things happen every day in the most unassuming places. Thanks again, Mini, for the link. Not going to lie - I was heading to Wikipedia. Don’t judge me. Their contributions are getting better and better all the time. (You realise I’m still going, right?)
    Last edited by BostonGirl; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:13 AM.

how to help trees?

Quote Originally Posted by clasherprithiv View Post
    how to help trees?
    You need to push the Hug button....its around the corner with the cow drinking a coffee.

Tag: #2LCV92UO

Just read this and off the top of my head I can name two other flowers that have flower in the name Cornflowers and Bellflowers (aka Campanula)
    Steve
    Leader JT Legend #J2JOLG2
    Broken the mystical 100 gold trophies barrier “Team first, my barn is your barn”
    check out our recruitment ad https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-team-players

And there's Coneflower.
    Miss
    Hood: Miss Behaving Tag#88vpc8rq

I do prefer the French word 'Tournesol' (literally 'turn sun') or even Italian 'Girasole'

In Asia they eat sunflower seeds as snacks ... in some countries you can find 'sunflower oil' too.