Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CoC BH8 - GiWitch Attack Strategy

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Depends on your focus. I saved a ton of time without dealing with upgrading barracks by using books of building on all 6 barracks on my main village. I'm early to mid th10 so lots to do.

I'm interested in trying this combo at my approx 4.6k trophy level but still need some upgrades first.
    this is just my opinion,
    but if you like bb & main village equally, you would always spend the books on bb simply cuz you can raid tons & tons of loot in main village. but if you are semi interested in bb then it makes sense to use books on MV especially 14 day upgrades.

i enjoy my queen walk raids very much but im not gona lie, since its new,i enjoy bb even better & the gameplay just feels fresher to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post

tried couple of giant attacks since 2 days & failed miserably. but today i tried 3 camp giants/3 camps carts & had good success pushing(only doing 3 wins/day) 4900 with my mini(which has barbs/carts/giants maxed) with lower defenses. will see how witches do with giants but i dont think they will perform better than carts. simply cuz carts are a bit easy to control but with witches, you hav to predict what buildings the bats destroy first to dictate their pathing. in 3 mins its difficult if you are not a pro attacker.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverX View Post
    They could argue with the need to use magical items for Home Village, and thus unable to instantly get to BH8 the day it was released, and thus missing out on Battlefest loot. This argument is totally valid.

But like you said, math doesn't lie and I have given the numbers even an F2P missed the Battlfest.
    thats right. my mini did not hav any books and missed most of the builder event. still it has 3 maxed troops & 4th one ongoing. and if i remember correctly, i think i also did 3 BM lvls in between. (these are low bm lvls though. 17-19)
    Last edited by arpithmania; April 18th, 2018 at 06:07 PM.

They could argue with the need to use magical items for Home Village, and thus unable to instantly get to BH8 the day it was released, and thus missing out on Battlefest loot. This argument is totally valid.

But like you said, math doesn't lie and I have given the numbers even an F2P missed the Battlfest. That's a fact. An F2P that missed Battlfest will still earn around 31-34 Million Elixir after Battlefest until now (depending on which loot bracker you are). Most will have to spend around 10 Million Elixir for 6th Army Camp, Star Lab upgrade, Gold Storages upgrades, Gold Mines upgrades. That gives you 21-24 Million Elixir, with such amount of resources, any F2P could have 3 troops maxed by now. So the argument that says you have to pay and gems, or using magical items to compete and progress is totally wrong and unproven.

That is without inclusion of Battlefest and magical items (which are still F2P if you include it). It will bring F2P resources up to 48-53 Millions Elixir available from day 1 until now. Again, I am not sure how F2P can't compete without paying, but such idea is without any proof and therefore invalid argument. Competitive F2P should be looking for 3rd options as of now. It might vary a bit, but certainly F2P that says that aren't looking for uncertain troop or 3rd option due to the fact many troops are still not maxed right now, is clearly not a competitive F2P.
    Agreed. The way I see it, it’s all about the choices you make along the way. I CHOSE to not participate in Battlefest with my 8 alts because I did not want to put that time in on the game - I focused on my primary game instead, both BB and HV. I also do not spend money on my alts (beyond the initial level up pack) and play them mostly on the weekends. As such, my alts are WAY behind my primary game. It was a no brainer that this would happen. Same goes for using magic items - I always put BoB toward the BB because that’s where you get the biggest bang for the buck. I’ve used BoH on both, depending upon what I was working on - no sense booking the AQ upgrade if I don’t plan on going to war for a week, and there’s no sense in booking a 1 or 2 day BM upgrade on an alt when I can just stack attacks and come back with no real loss. That’s just strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    tried couple of giant attacks since 2 days & failed miserably. but today i tried 3 camp giants/3 camps carts & had good success pushing(only doing 3 wins/day) 4900 with my mini(which has barbs/carts/giants maxed) with lower defenses. will see how witches do with giants but i dont think they will perform better than carts. simply cuz carts are a bit easy to control but with witches, you hav to predict what buildings the bats destroy first to dictate their pathing. in 3 mins its difficult if you are not a pro attacker.
    There are some bases that absolutely SCREAM for Mitch or GiWitch. For example - I just finished maxing Drop Ships on the KVN account but I came across this diamond base with the MegaTesla at the apex of the base and the MultiMortar right next to it, and the base was positioned against the bottom corner of the game grid. That is PERFECT for a Night Witch attack from the topmost corner of the game grid. It was a mix of defensive levels (mostly L7 with key defenses at L8) and I three starred it in 90 seconds with L16 Mitch and a BM10.

Knowing which bases are most susceptible to which attack strategy is the best way to garner those wins. GiCarts, Bart/Carb/BarCC, GiBoCC, PEKKA Carts...these are all great strategies but they have their limitations just like any other. Case in point - the above game I mention would have been a decent 2-Star with the CC strats here Mitch was am almost guaranteed 3-Star. That’s why I recommend having a good 3 or 4 strats in your back pocket. I’m still Doing well at early BH8 with my level 14 and level 15 troops as well, so it doesn’t necessarily have to be maxed even.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

But like you said, math doesn't lie and I have given the numbers even an F2P missed the Battlfest. That's a fact. An F2P that missed Battlfest will still earn around 31-34 Million Elixir after Battlefest until now (depending on which loot bracker you are). Most will have to spend around 10 Million Elixir for 6th Army Camp, Star Lab upgrade, Gold Storages upgrades, Gold Mines upgrades. That gives you 21-24 Million Elixir, with such amount of resources, any F2P could have 3 troops maxed by now. So the argument that says you have to pay and gems, or using magical items to compete and progress is totally wrong and unproven.

That is without inclusion of Battlefest and magical items (which are still F2P if you include it). It will bring F2P resources up to 48-53 Millions Elixir available from day 1 until now. Again, I am not sure how F2P can't compete without paying, but such idea is without any proof and therefore invalid argument. Competitive F2P should be looking for 3rd options as of now. It might vary a bit, but certainly F2P that says that aren't looking for uncertain troop or 3rd option due to the fact many troops are still not maxed right now, is clearly not a competitive F2P.
    I guess my resources missed the math. I haven't upgraded bm. I have upgraded gold storages and lab but not the barracks or bm. I have max minions, witch 15, drops 1 day from 16. I have been above 4k the whole time. However, I'm not saying I can't be competitive and think the gemmer vs f2p debate is silly. I'm staying around 4500 which I think is pretty good for a casual, whatever that means, bh player. I like them both but my main hall is my main hall. Builder base is a side game. It gets leftovers. I've reached the point where books of building aren't that important in main hall so I'll use them for upgrading my big defenses here. Getting my queen to 40 is much more important than bm to 25. Maybe the difference is I've been upgrading expensive troops instead of barbs and giants. My only complaint is that they scheduled the battle fest so that you had to use a book or gems to take advantage of it. Just trying to point out that not everyone's experience is the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I guess my resources missed the math. I haven't upgraded bm. I have upgraded gold storages and lab but not the barracks or bm. I have max minions, witch 15, drops 1 day from 16. I have been above 4k the whole time. However, I'm not saying I can't be competitive and think the gemmer vs f2p debate is silly. I'm staying around 4500 which I think is pretty good for a casual, whatever that means, bh player. I like them both but my main hall is my main hall. Builder base is a side game. It gets leftovers. I've reached the point where books of building aren't that important in main hall so I'll use them for upgrading my big defenses here. Getting my queen to 40 is much more important than bm to 25. Maybe the difference is I've been upgrading expensive troops instead of barbs and giants. My only complaint is that they scheduled the battle fest so that you had to use a book or gems to take advantage of it. Just trying to point out that not everyone's experience is the same.
    Couldn't agree more with the AQ upgrade with BoH. That is the most needed magical items on MV side. And that would explain the focus you had on your troops in BB rather than your BM.

Although BB is a side game, but most of the magical items are most effetively used in BB than MV.
    For instance, using a BoB on say X-Bow uprade which took 14 days, that's great. But there are still so many defenses need to be upraded to make your defenses better. If you use it on Roaster upgrade which took 4-5 days, you could avoid getting attacked with Roaster down, and thus getting 3 wins easier.

Or another example is troop upgrade. Using BoF on Bowler level 3 upgrade, that is great strategy. But you still have so many troops to upgrade in Main Village, the effect might not be so great. But if you use it on say Cannon Cart 16 upgrade, your offensive is directly buffed by 30-40% rather than waiting for 6 days.

So because BB is a side mini game, smaller gameplay and versu battle nature, using magical items in BB is more effective than in Home Village. But yes, BoH for AQ upgrade is still better than BM upgrade.