Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CoC BH8 - GiWitch Attack Strategy

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    So...I only gem on my main game and that’s usually just the new troop and upgrade timers (which I don’t have to do very much now that we have the Books of Building and Fighting). I do not gem on my alts, including KVN which is the one this video is based around. By now, most F2P players will have 3 or 4 troops to level 16, especially if you won the rune rewards in Clan Games several weeks back. On KVN, I first chose Night Witches, Beta Minions, and Boxer Giants; Drop Ships are up next followed by Cannon Carts. My other alts are at various stages of development as well - all without gemming. That’s the benefits of running multiple games - you can upgrade different troops on each game and experiment more. It has nothing to do with luxury or gemming.

FWIW, I wouldn’t think there are many players at BH8 with just one attack strat at this point; most likely have at least two, maybe three strats. Night Witches should factor into one of those strats for air benders - Mitch and Drop Mitch are both solid attack strategies at BH6/BH7 as well as early BH8. The typical air bender is going to have Beta Minions and Drop Ships maxed by now (MBM, Minion Drops) and Night Witches will be on the way (Mitch, Drop Mitch) if they didn’t start out with Beta Minions then Night Witches, having already maxed Night Witches at earlier levels. Adding Boxer Giants into the mix is a good fourth choice, followed by Cannon Carts to provide a few more strats. Those 5 troops alone will get you Mass Beta Minion, Mitch, Minion Drops, Drop Mitch, GiWitch, GiCarts, and a few others depending upon where your remaining troops are at in their upgrade process, not to mention a wide variety of more customized army comps.

Of course, the caveat here...if someone prioritized the BM and storages, they might only have one or two.

If you’re not pushing - and most players are not - you just want to be in the mid to upper 4K trophy range to take advantage of decent loot bonuses. In that range, you can use almost ANY maxed strat successfully with a little practice. That’s the fun thing about BH8.
    Im not trying to take away from your guide at all and I hope you didn't take it that way. Like I said, I agree with everything you stated strat wise. Your assuming though that most have 2-3 max troop strats, but that's best case scenario through the use of items. I'm sure if I used all clan game items on bb I would probably be further along, but my MV takes priority over bb and items are used there instead and I doubt I'm in the minority having that mindset.

I'm also not knocking you for gemming, just pointing out a fact that separates FTP players and gemmers. I believe you yourself have said you have mutiple accounts and that you have gemmed at various times and bought bh packs to progress further. Again, I have no issue with that, but a FTP player doesn't have that luxury. If I've misunderstood, and you have leveled all your accounts without gems and/or packs then my apologies.

Forum Hero
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverX View Post
    I have not buy single gems and as of today:
    1. Drop Ship 16 & Beta Minion 15
    2. Cannon Cart 16 & Raged Barbs 14
    3. BM23 (this is because of BoH availability, if I didn't opt to upgrade BM, both 1st and 2nd strategies are maxed by now).

What Book did is instantly finish an upgrade, but the loot required to do upgrades and progress, that's the same for every F2P with or without Books. What Reyyo did is choosing to stay low in trophies (below 4000), that's why I stated about uncompetitive F2P point of view. If he is not even a competitive and skilled F2P, it's funny to state F2P as if he is representing all F2P.

I have been to 5000 when BH8 come out the first month, I did said competitive and skilled F2P should be looking for 3rd option by now. No offence, I don't mean all F2P.

And yes, the BoH did slow down F2P progress on troops. That's why current clan games I opt to BoF instead.
    i was at 5003 when BH8 came out.
    minions, Ships, barbs 15, and bm23
    carts 16

so yeah not that different from your experience

my alt is using BoH on main base so it has Barbs, Giants, Carts 16 and witches go8ng to 15 but BM is still only 17

Forum Hero
    Oh and Noc not to derail your thread. Cool video. Looks like fun strat I’ll try on my alt next week when witches hit 16

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    i was at 5003 when BH8 came out.
    minions, Ships, barbs 15, and bm23
    carts 16

so yeah not that different from your experience

my alt is using BoH on main base so it has Barbs, Giants, Carts 16 and witches go8ng to 15 but BM is still only 17

For the record I have minions, ships, and rb's at 15 and I am one day away from cannon carts being 16 so it seems I'm pretty close to everyone else with my troop progression. Even so, taking bg's from 14-16, rb's to 16, and even bombers to 16 is a higher priority than maxing witches imho. Again, why prioritize a unit that can only be successful on occasion when you can prioritize other units and have more success and overall consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyyo View Post
    Im not trying to take away from your guide at all and I hope you didn't take it that way. Like I said, I agree with everything you stated strat wise. Your assuming though that most have 2-3 max troop strats, but that's best case scenario through the use of items. I'm sure if I used all clan game items on bb I would probably be further along, but my MV takes priority over bb and items are used there instead and I doubt I'm in the minority having that mindset.

I'm also not knocking you for gemming, just pointing out a fact that separates FTP players and gemmers. I believe you yourself have said you have mutiple accounts and that you have gemmed at various times and bought bh packs to progress further. Again, I have no issue with that, but a FTP player doesn't have that luxury. If I've misunderstood, and you have leveled all your accounts without gems and/or packs then my apologies.
    Nah - I didn’t take it that way.

In all honesty, the only thing I assume is that everyone has their own preferred combo and some will upgrade this troop while others will upgrade that one instead. There are several players who ran Mitch all through BH7 and upgraded it for BH8; adding Boxer Giants is a good step. These videos just keep options open and show examples so everyone can make informed decisions.

Again, though, gemming really isn’t a factor here. There have been no gems used on my alts - I reserve those for my HVs and don’t even buy gems on my alts. I do buy the level-up Bonus Pack, but that does nothing for troops. The only BB account that has had the benefits of gems is my main (which is not in this video). Any F2P player who is running around 4K trophies could easily have 3 or 4 troops upgraded by now, as is the case with my KVN account with Beta Minions, Night Witches, and Boxer Giants. The difference is where one chooses to focus Elixir. Klavious, for example, has used his to get to BM23 - KVN’s is still only L10. It’s simply not a matter of luxury but rather of strategy. (And that’s not to say one strategy is better than another, either.) On the KVN account, I chose to max Mitch then GiWitch then add in Drop Ships for L16 Minion Drops and Drop Mitch. Boxer Giants finished up recently, leading to this video. (As you would expect, this account will not feature in the upcoming Minion Drops or GiBoCC videos because it is missing one troop.) Likewise, my BM is only L10 on the KVN account because I instead put the Elixir toward troop upgrades at earlier BH levels. Had I chosen to max the BM at BH6 or BH7, I would not have had L14 CCs, RBs, DS, NWs, BGs, and Beta Minions when I went into BH8. (Also done without the use of gemming.)
    Last edited by Noctaire; April 17th, 2018 at 03:34 AM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Millennial Club
    16 boxer giant and 6 cannon cart is a beast

the times I use night witch is when I use power potion

4 boxer with 10 night witch sounds good

there's no point arguing bh progress here...

it's all about the art of strategy

since it's play individual only... race progression doesn't matter
    Last edited by Alishr99; April 17th, 2018 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post
    16 boxer giant and 6 cannon cart is a beast

the times I use night witch is when I use power potion

4 boxer with 10 night witch sounds good

there's no point arguing bh progress here...

it's all about the art of strategy

since it's play individual only... race progression doesn't matter
    Agreed - so many strats we can choose from, there’s something for everyone at every level of progression.

I usually go with 3/3 on the CC strats, although I go with 4 camps of tanks when it’s a higher level defense I’m up against. All of my tanked CC strats have been Super PEKKA though; I’m getting ready to work with Giants and CCs next week.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    You guys have been focusing your elixir elsewhere though, right? Aside from players who hold themselves low for easy wins (and therefore less loot bonuses) anyone running in the 4K range certainly has had enough loot to get three troops maxed by now (it;s been a month).
    Drops will be 16 in a few days. I used some elixir to get gold storage up to be able to afford the l8 upgrades. Other than that, nope. Troops. Keep in mind, I did not book the bh I upgrade so I missed out on most of battle fest. Was my choice as the books were far more valuable to me on my main village right now. I'll easily have the elixir to start witches when drops are done. In the 4.5k range, I'm finding switching between minion drop and drop Mitch to be pretty effective. I'll probably switch to carts after they are done.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Drops will be 16 in a few days. I used some elixir to get gold storage up to be able to afford the l8 upgrades. Other than that, nope. Troops. Keep in mind, I did not book the bh I upgrade so I missed out on most of battle fest. Was my choice as the books were far more valuable to me on my main village right now. I'll easily have the elixir to start witches when drops are done. In the 4.5k range, I'm finding switching between minion drop and drop Mitch to be pretty effective. I'll probably switch to carts after they are done.
    I could see how not being able to take advantage of Battlefest would hurt your BB progress as well. It would be interesting to know how many players did not book their BH8 upgrade. FWIW, I think that was why SC ran the Clan Games like they did and put that in there (so players could use the BoB on their BH8 upgrade).

Since I have 5 builders on all of my HV games (well...all but a couple) I really don't use the BoB on any of them. I have used it a few times now on my TH11 game, but other than that...I just let them run their course. Now, the BoH, OTOH...that one I use all the time on my HVs.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Exactly this, and pretty comparable to my situation as far as battle fest went. Statements about players holding themselves lower hence being behind in progression are simply wrong, at least in my case, and it seems those statement are directed towards me.

I do utilize the system as it's designed to have easy clan game challenges and easy wins in some cases though that isn't necessarily the goal. I don't perpetually float at low trophies though, I lose very little in loot, and I'm easily sitting around the 4.5K mark just doing my 3 per day. There will be even less loot lost now given clan games are spread out a week apart. Those of you knocking the methodology just aren't taking the time to understand the process or doing the math to see how little impact it has overall on progression. All things being equal, you would have one defense and one troop upgrade over me in an 8 month span, that's it.

Overall, I think there are just some misconceptions and wrong assumptions about where the average player is in their progression who doesn't use gems, bh packs, or items. FTP players with a single account have to prioritize troops and don't have the luxury to level up multiple units for specialized attacks until much later on and that's assuming they started bh8 as a max bh7.