Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Early thoughts on achieving the style book looks

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperdulia View Post
    I do like that it gives me something to spend coins on.
    Yeah but is it worth it to spend so so much coins over and over again if you can't keep it? eventually you will run out, cause I doubt you will make back in week time 700k :/ It's not really ''low level'' tolerant patch either.... people under 80 will most likely ditch the whole idea cause they need coins for machines.

Fortunately, I like my truck and farm stand just as they are.

This week, I spent 36 diamonds to shuffle and be able to choose from all the possible house parts. I was prepared to not spend anything when I saw that the first roof offered me cost 450K coins and the first porch was 75K coins. I ultimately spent 10 diamonds on a roof and the 75K for the porch after playing around with the choices (4 each roof/siding/porch) my 36 diamonds bought me a chance to look at.

The style book was useless. I am not in the least tempted to try to collect an entire "set" in order to get some reward when none of the pre-set looks appeal to me.

I happen to have diamonds to spare right now since I made a bunch of diamond deco purchases in the last 6 months. However, I'm not going to be spending potentially hundreds of diamonds, dozens of vouchers, and half-a-million coins each week on something I can't "collect". I doubt if I'll even spend the 36 diamonds for options as I did this week. As has been said repeatedly, I would be happy to pay quite a bit to have Maggie reinstall items that I have used in the past, but to have them just disappear...
    Last edited by MiniGardener; April 16th, 2018 at 07:59 PM.

Farm Level 113 | Town 35 | Achievements 135/141

I was expecting to be able to select a look -- or specific components to make my own look -- from a catalogue. If I don't have enough vouchers/diamonds/coins, I could save up for something.

And only a handful of the styles give you rewards? What, is that like a condemnation of my taste in decor? I think it would be more fair to reward you for completing all three elements of an object. For example, if I change the roof, walls, and porch of my farmhouse in any combination.

I'll play with this a little bit, but I won't be spending piles of diamonds, vouchers, or coins on it.

Level: 70
    Neighborhood: Happy Valley
    Time zone: UTC -5

Centennial Club
    I've never joined a neighborhood, I've never hired the helpers, the sanctuary animals sleep most of the time. Now I doubt I will customize my truck, house and RSS for a long time either. The only way I would try it out is when all you guys figure out how many diamonds it takes to look at everything and then I will possibly pick out a new look for my stuff once and leave it that way. I love the fishing area but I never tried to finish the fishing book. Too many vouchers and I dislike actually fishing. I love the town too, along of course with my farm. It was fun to decorate the town and change it around as I wanted. Same with the farm. It is WHY I am playing...because it is MY farm made to look the way I want it to. One totally has to keep the elements and switch them around in order to 'enjoy' customizing things. This builder element is WAY off from what draws me to customize things.
    I mean really....would you go to a clothing store, try things on, pay for them and then leave them there? THEN go back and try some on again and pay for them and leave them there again and again never getting to see how the shirt you got last week looks with the shoes you got a couple weeks ago without hunting it up for diamonds and paying for it again? And then maybe you don't like it after all!!?? Fill a book when I could be buying more trees and flowers I can keep and move around is the 'fun'? Not for me.

Centennial Club
    Itís nice to have something different to look at, but I do agree itís a lot of diamonds to give up. Thought the update was going to be a bit more interesting. Most of my hood are not going to bother with Maggie. I have changed my house, the truck and the RSS. But canít keep up with the amount of diamonds to do it every week.

I actually like my truck as it is. I did change ther rss a bit but that was it. I am not really going to be collecting stuff for the style book and nor am I spending 💎💎. Happy to spend coin and vouchers as I have plenty of both. I would like to perhaps paint the house but I did not really like any of the options Maggie had.

Farm Level 157, Town 46.😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

I just did a little more investigating into Maggie/style book feature and I really like it. I think that this feature is more directed to large, established level 100+ farms... many of them have accumulated literally millions and millions of coins, and thousands of vouchers, so they can afford to make the improvements if they wish. I see everyone's point re: having to give up the feature once you purchase another, it would be nice to be able to "save" them, but there are farms that could afford to buy every feature in one day if that were an option. Then they would have nothing to achieve. So, I think that the idea is to give "wealthy" farms something to spend their coins and vouchers on if they so choose. I think it might have been a good idea for Supercell to make this option available only to farms who have reached the level where they no longer need to purchase machines, because most of the farms that haven't reached that level yet are not going to have the coins or vouchers to spend on the new design features. It just won't be a priority for most of those farms and might just make them feel frustrated with the feature.
    Last edited by SundaeToppings; April 16th, 2018 at 11:33 PM.
    HayDay Level 106
    KIK: SundaeToppings

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by SundaeToppings View Post
    it would be nice to be able to "save" them, but there are farms that could afford to buy every feature in one day if that were an option. Then they would have nothing to achieve.
    False, you can USE and build only one part at time, so it would still take even to wealthy farms WEEKS til they'd be done

Edit: Still better be able to keep the once bought parts and just swap between them for a fee and use Maggie... than loose it and be discouraged to use it at all ) This way as the system is... most of us got nothing to achieve anyway even high level farms claiming they wont be collecting...
    Last edited by Sourire4290; April 17th, 2018 at 12:15 AM.

[QUOTE=Sourire4290;11599620]False, you can USE and build only one part at time, so it would still take even to wealthy farms WEEKS til they'd be done

Right, I wasn't being literal, I understand how it works, my point was that they can afford to make the changes.
    HayDay Level 106
    KIK: SundaeToppings

New Bloke/Chick
    Yep, but it would still take long time to finish it off and til that time im sure SC will bring new designs... Soooooo we still at the point of WHY we can't keep em ....