Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Do you guys realize the disaster made with the march uodate??

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41
    I hope you don't mind that I put down in words...
    Numerous posts removed due to main forum rule no.6: "Discussion or promotion of products, free gem, or third party gem sites, competitors' games, illegal activities, drug references, emulators, music/intellectual property piracy is strictly prohibited."

HQ22 PSC MP74% GBE MP42% G17% G17% G17% G17% TD MP32% G13% TH MP35% G14%

Durruti Column #88L8RQLL - TF 5 - One Open Spot - Highest LB Position 59 - Recruitment Thread - Beach Defender
    Index Of Boom Beach Gameplay Guides
    - Main Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Numerous posts removed due to main forum rule no.6: "Discussion or promotion of products, free gem, or third party gem sites, competitors' games, illegal activities, drug references, emulators, music/intellectual property piracy is strictly prohibited."
    Thanks, I'm sure the forum community praises you for that 😎

However, could you not of added another reply with your thoughts, on the questions raised in the thread ? 😖

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Blugg View Post
    Thanks, I'm sure the forum community praises you for that 

However, could you not of added another reply with your thoughts, on the questions raised in the thread ? 
    Ye, gladly. The OP has no access to any of the game metrics associated with knowing how many players are joining or leaving the game on a daily/weekly/monthly basis - only SC do. The forum has never been an accurate representation of the player activity levels in-game or otherwise as it comprises a tiny minority of those same players.

As regards the update being a failure, I can only assume the OP, or the players he refers to, is/are not happy about Bullit being nerfed. I remember a time before there were heroes in Boom Beach (aaah, the sweet smell of nostalgia) when we were still trying to accomplish the same objectives and achieving them. Any hero which could solo a base on a regular-ish basis was always going to be considered OP and in line for an SC applied nerf. However unhappy players may be about it, that should not really have been a surprise.

The subsequent patch has "fixed" much of the Bullit taunt, etc. misdirection/misrepresentation in-game.
    Last edited by Bakunin; 18 Hours Ago at 02:54 PM.

Durruti Column #88L8RQLL - TF 5 - One Open Spot - Highest LB Position 59 - Recruitment Thread - Beach Defender
    - Main Forum Rules

The issue with Bullit being able to solo was with energy drink. Happened to me several times. Never once did I get solo'd by a player using Bullit taunt. So why the change of the taunt radius? My base was setup well enough to kill enough even with the large taunt radius to get Intel and diamonds a majority of the time. I didn't quite understand messing with taunt and then throwing protos (Simo) out there that would combat it at the same time. So yes, just like taking candy from a baby, those of us that used the taunt didn't like it. I really didn't like it because for one it was made ineffective with the change and two everybody had Simo on their maps, so it was like a double whammy for me.

Forum Superstar
    As much as I appreciated the All-zook fella showing me some video of using Taunt and justifying it was over powered I neglected to ever see a thread on it which , if it was actually OP like Energy Drink there would of been a bunch.

SO my assumption remains to this...

It was broken and they couldn't fix it so instead of fixing it the range was reduced.

I did use it as well a bunch, never found it OP but now I don't use it simply because it is not worthy of being used.
    Last edited by Brezb; 16 Hours Ago at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brezb View Post
    As much as I appreciated the All-zook fella showing me some video of using Taunt and justifying it was over powered I neglected to ever see a thread on it which , if it was actually OP like Energy Drink there would of been a bunch.

SO my assumption remains to this...

It was broken and they couldn't fix it so instead of fixing it the range was reduced.
    I dont think the claimed lack of threads complaining about Taunt can be taken to mean that it wasn't over powered.

AZ/taunt was especially useful on Ops, so there was no injured party to come on the forum and complain about it, as in the case of players with poorly designed bases that got steam rolled with ED.

I enjoyed using AZ/Taunt on Ops, but I dont think its the end of the world that it got nerfed.
    main acct XP: 65 TH: 31 TD: 30, 13, 13 GBE: 42, 17, 17, 16, 16 PSC: 74 "babies" XP: 63, 60, 59, 58, 32
    Op Rewards Decoded: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bkSAoctZNAeFGEGxZi1dylIx_zSMKmAiUym71JTFl-U/edit#gid=0

I can still solo bases at my VP level with Bullit ED. Certain War Factories as well. Several RBs too. Dr. T stage 7 regularly.
    So, the nerf didn't fix this.
    What the nerf did do is make raiding 7/7 ice bases with granks+ED near impossible without mega boost, meaning everyone
    is back to CRZM. Was nice when bullit offered alot more variety on 7/7 bases : HZ-tant, Granks-ED.

Bakunin, you always say you remember a time before heros, but you fail to bring up the fact that pre-heros there was not
    3 protos on a base. The heros were supposed to balance this.

My issue with SC, is why release a troop you feel is OP and then neuter it after tokens have been spent. To me,
    they made 2 mistakes there.
    Start : June 7, 2015 Maxed : April 21, 2017
    Experience: 65 2414/3000
    Statues: GBE=41,17,17,17 TH=35,14 TD=31,13,13,13
    MaxVP : 1600 Max Global : #34 Max US Local : #6 Date: 02/06/2018

New Bloke/Chick
    Glad that so many of us want the same old taunt radius. This is the only way to have it back. Nobody cares for Bullit's damage, the only problem is taunt. Bring it back, Supercell, and you will be surprised how many players will return.

Interesting thread. I was very active on these forums years ago, seems nothings changed. I am still very active on the Clash of Clans forum, where I am an addicted player, but I started with Boom Beach on here.. still check this forum every now and then.

I retired my maxed accounts and 2 mini accounts, what over a year ago now. Just got so bored with this game. Sad to see the game still comes out with buggy updates, nothing really exciting added. Same old same old. And then the mods come on to say, "Feel lucky! years ago there were no hero's! Look at how fun the game is now!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!"

What? Where? Who? Boom Beach has fallen so far down the top grossing scales, I think the 1000th Candy crush game to come out has it beat. At the same time, I've found zero updates in the last 2 and a half years to be interesting or exciting. Yes, I speak only for myself. Yet, the game still stagnates. 2+2=?

Never argue with idiots, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichipmaker View Post
    What the nerf did do is make raiding 7/7 ice bases with granks+ED near impossible without mega boost, meaning everyone
    is back to CRZM. Was nice when bullit offered alot more variety on 7/7 bases : HZ-tant, Granks-ED.

Bakunin, you always say you remember a time before heros, but you fail to bring up the fact that pre-heros there was not
    3 protos on a base. The heros were supposed to balance this.

My issue with SC, is why release a troop you feel is OP and then neuter it after tokens have been spent. To me,
    they made 2 mistakes there.
    The Heroes do still balance out 3 protos imho. Most players are, I suspect, not in the upper echelons of the standard VP ranges by HQ and so, again, the majority are not raiding 7/7 Ice bases.

SC are always going to introduce what they call "balance changes" - they do it in CR and CoC on a regular basis. They react to the game metrics which only they have access to. Balance changes is a way of admitting they have made a mistake which they are subsequently rectifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rephren View Post
    Interesting thread. I was very active on these forums years ago, seems nothings changed. I am still very active on the Clash of Clans forum, where I am an addicted player, but I started with Boom Beach on here.. still check this forum every now and then.

I retired my maxed accounts and 2 mini accounts, what over a year ago now. Just got so bored with this game. Sad to see the game still comes out with buggy updates, nothing really exciting added. Same old same old. And then the mods come on to say, "Feel lucky! years ago there were no hero's! Look at how fun the game is now!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!!!!!"

What? Where? Who? Boom Beach has fallen so far down the top grossing scales, I think the 1000th Candy crush game to come out has it beat. At the same time, I've found zero updates in the last 2 and a half years to be interesting or exciting. Yes, I speak only for myself. Yet, the game still stagnates. 2+2=?
    Thanks for that Rephren. Very insightful.

- Main Forum Rules