Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Relaxed playstyles check BUT introduced nerfs weight tax or 2222s minimum base weight

Millennial Club
    Our matches are still fairly even. Offensive weight has definitely been better accounted for these days.

Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    In general, after IT nerfed twice, defenseless engineered is revived because 3* rate is much more higher than before.
    In matchmaking, it can tolerate much more mismatch to improve match time.

To look what forumer complaints about to, we can see it's change.
    Well it could be that, as you say, engineers fortunes were revived with inferno nerf so there are just more out there to match with, but I would say what I think I am experiencing is that in the last few weeks I have seen almost entirely lightly engineered opponents when previously I would see the odd lightly engineered opponents but mostly similar balanced playing styles. I think they have relaxed whatever was the playing style matching whatever it was they were doing, or that is how it feels. I used to complain that as our win streak hit around 5 we would see this effect, now it is all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Our matches have been different as well. Not what we expected based on previous similar lineups. Very possible, SC is “trialing” the upcoming announced changes?
    Yikes! If this is a trial, I'm not liking it! Hope you are very wrong on this ... worried you aren't ...
    Last edited by nobeone; April 15th, 2018 at 05:06 PM.

Millennial Club
    Judging off the complaints recently. It cant be the "big" update they are trialling, unless someone is holding the plan upside down.
    Interesting take on the camp/ spell space weights, I don't usually take a lot of notice, although we upgrade camps/ spells early anyway, so would appear normal.
    Thankfully, going off last war, we didn't see a shift.. We were coming off a loss, so lightweight, optimised, for best result gets used (still balanced). I keep hero level well below max, and all big walls, so our matches are same.. winnable thru fair, or in our favour if we draw an IT 10, minus the top base.

We are still seeing lower townhalls defences with a couple max troops. Seems almost worse.
    Come see me for seige machines: #28Y8QVG2V
    Goblins are more efficient than barch.
    Save money on sunscreen by hanging in legends
    #​MAGA

Dunno, seems like a weekly thread to me. We're all working with small samples and a lot of natural variation.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

i have two accounts in two separate clans. the first is in a heavy war clan with no engineers a side from some 10s who haven't dropped infernos. that clan is on a nice winning streak. we're getting matched with engineers, but nearly everytime we kick their butt. last war was 85-72.

the other clan I'm in are amateur engies. one 11 with th9 defenses, an 11 with th6 defense, th9 with almost no defense, defenseless th8, and the rest normal accounts. we lose a lot and tend to get matched with more serious engineers rather than the hacks we are. we've also had three perfect ties in the past ten wars.

something is definitely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    i have two accounts in two separate clans. the first is in a heavy war clan with no engineers a side from some 10s who haven't dropped infernos. that clan is on a nice winning streak. we're getting matched with engineers, but nearly everytime we kick their butt. last war was 85-72.

the other clan I'm in are amateur engies. one 11 with th9 defenses, an 11 with th6 defense, th9 with almost no defense, defenseless th8, and the rest normal accounts. we lose a lot and tend to get matched with more serious engineers rather than the hacks we are. we've also had three perfect ties in the past ten wars.

something is definitely different.
    nice point for me. Although now 3* rate is so high, defenseless engineering in matchmaking is still a trade off. Sometimes you gain advantage, but another time not. It depends on your attack performance and hard to pass 5 win streaks. Both side good you got a draw. And longer time in next search.
    Normal base you still have a good defense chance when you are under more attacks.

Some people just simply think attact twice to gain 6 star and base lose 3 stars. In fact, if you do a dip attack to get 6*, there is no any benefits, mostly you just waste your side attack chances.
    Last edited by frainlll; April 16th, 2018 at 03:47 AM.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    nice point for me. Although now 3* rate is so high, defenseless engineering in matchmaking is still a trade off. Sometimes you gain advantage, but another time not. It depends on your attack performance and hard to pass 5 win streaks. Both side good you got a draw. And longer time in next search.
    Normal base you still have a good defense chance when you are under more attacks.

Some people just simply think attact twice to gain 6 star and base lose 3 stars. In fact, if you do a dip attack to get 6*, there is no any benefits, mostly you just waste your side attack chances.
    the benefits with all dip attack across the maps except th11 anchor at the top is less stress.... more 3 star fresh hit and more spare to scout and hit top bases

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Dunno, seems like a weekly thread to me. We're all working with small samples and a lot of natural variation.
    Agreed. Looking at our recent war log (12 wars) which can be seen here :-
    https://cocp.it/clan/90LP2PL

... I would say that the MM algorithm is doing a pretty good job. All of the wars were winnable for both sides from the off.

Out of interest however, I would make this observation based on TH matching in the wars I've listed above, for those interested in these kind of things.

1) War 12-04-2018 v J2Warlords (20v20)
    We had 6 TH11 Offence bases versus our opponents 6. They did have 2 x TH11 engineered accounts sitting at 9 and 10, but they didn't get an advantage from this.

2) War 08-04-2018 v acdc 2 (15v15)
    We had 5 TH11 Offence bases versus our opponents 5. They did have 1 x TH11 engineered account sitting at 8, but they didn't get an advantage from this.

3) War 29-03-2018 v Arabic Clan (15v15)
    We had 6 TH11 Offence bases versus our opponents 6. They did have 2 x TH11 engineered accounts sitting at 6 and 13, but they didn't get an advantage from this.

The above are just observations of course. We also encounter opponents with more TH11s (due to engineered bases).
    The point being that clans that dabble in engineering (1 or 2 bases) aren't getting an advantage over us, which is in line with forum feedback generally.
    We don't match heavily engineered clans as a rule.

Food for thought!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 50/45/20