Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Long term player, have they quit?

Long term player, have they quit?

I have had a long term player on my friends list since almost from the very beginning. He was my mentor of sorts when I found the forum. Helped me so much. He was very active here on the forum for years and sort of stopped posting over time. Now I don't think he plays anymore. Im not sure if naming is ok. He is level 124 and loved the fishing part of the game. Also he started the big red tractor thread. That's as close as I can come to naming without actually naming. Anyway if anyone has a way to get in touch, please tell him he is missed.

Farm level: 236 Silo 11,650 and always full, no really it is full!
    Start date: 01/09/2013
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

I’m not sure about your friend, Besta, but this is a valid question. What do we know about why long-term friends and neighbors quit farming? Out of our neighborhood that had a high number of about 15 when the Derby was introduced, we currently have an active membership of four—all long-term members. Of the others, several are still farming but have moved on to other neighborhoods or individual play. One stopped farming a while back in favor of a couple of other games that offered more frequent small improvements. She returns to the farm in during holidays and “update season” to see what’s going on. So far, she’s been disappointed with the HD updates in comparison with her other games.

Farm Level 125 | Town 40 | Achievements 143/144

Quote Originally Posted by MiniGardener View Post
    I’m not sure about your friend, Besta, but this is a valid question. What do we know about why long-term friends and neighbors quit farming? Out of our neighborhood that had a high number of about 15 when the Derby was introduced, we currently have an active membership of four—all long-term members. Of the others, several are still farming but have moved on to other neighborhoods or individual play. One stopped farming a while back in favor of a couple of other games that offered more frequent small improvements. She returns to the farm in during holidays and “update season” to see what’s going on. So far, she’s been disappointed with the HD updates in comparison with her other games.
    Maybe this has happened to him as well. I do wonder sometimes why players quit. I know life happens, boredom, other games look more appealing. Etc. I hope he sees the post.

Glademaid says hello to everyone. She has lost her GC friends. Also something about her password. If a mod could help, that would be wonderful. Big --->

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Besta are Bestas opinions, ideas and concerns.
    “I think I have a new favorite notification from HayDay: “The scarecrow made me do it”. Quote accredited to dtx275

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestajunior View Post
    Maybe this has happened to him as well. I do wonder sometimes why players quit. I know life happens, boredom, other games look more appealing. Etc. I hope he sees the post.

Glademaid says hello to everyone. She has lost her GC friends. Also something about her password. If a mod could help, that would be wonderful. Big --->
    Besta, I'm sending you a PM to help Glademaid...
    Last edited by Cowslips; April 14th, 2018 at 11:11 PM.

Hay Day level 174 (main farm) - I have several others
    Boom Beach experience level 51

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    Besta, I'm sending you a PM to help Glademaid...
    Thank you. I sent her the link via KiK messenger.

Thanks Besta and Cowslips, I am finally able to access the forum again. Maybe there are others out there for whom the post-hack re-validation never worked and that is why they are missing from the forum. I know there are a lot who simply stopped playing once they lost their GC friend access, like I did when I accidentally updated my iOS system, or maybe like me, they just didn’t like the direction SV has taken the farms. BOROYOB and WindSong, if you still read the forum, yours are farms I can no longer access. If you would be so kind as to send friend requests to the number in my farm name, I would be hugely grateful. And anyone else who sees my farm but hasn’t sent me an in-game friend request - it would be great to reconnect, too. Hugs to all my friends.
    GladeMaid
    RSS Name - Glade's Auckland Farm: Level - 116: Achievements - 124/132 Masteries - 31/??. Barn/Silo - Never big enough! Bring back Game Centre Friend Requests!

Photo: Great Spotted Kiwi - Mark Jones, Auscape Intl

Quote Originally Posted by Bestajunior View Post
    I have had a long term player on my friends list since almost from the very beginning. He was my mentor of sorts when I found the forum. Helped me so much. He was very active here on the forum for years and sort of stopped posting over time. Now I don't think he plays anymore. Im not sure if naming is ok. He is level 124 and loved the fishing part of the game. Also he started the big red tractor thread. That's as close as I can come to naming without actually naming. Anyway if anyone has a way to get in touch, please tell him he is missed.
    I too have had this friend on my list since I began farming and have noticed that he seems to be no longer farming but I am hoping it is temporary.

Farm Level 174. Town 53. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Thanks Besta and Cowslips, I am finally able to access the forum again. Maybe there are others out there for whom the post-hack re-validation never worked and that is why they are missing from the forum. I know there are a lot who simply stopped playing once they lost their GC friend access, like I did when I accidentally updated my iOS system, or maybe like me, they just didn’t like the direction SV has taken the farms. BOROYOB and WindSong, if you still read the forum, yours are farms I can no longer access. If you would be so kind as to send friend requests to the number in my farm name, I would be hugely grateful. And anyone else who sees my farm but hasn’t sent me an in-game friend request - it would be great to reconnect, too. Hugs to all my friends.
    Glad to have helped. Cowslips did the work. She got it all figured out. Way to go Cowslips.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Quote Originally Posted by GladeMaid View Post
    Thanks Besta and Cowslips, I am finally able to access the forum again. Maybe there are others out there for whom the post-hack re-validation never worked and that is why they are missing from the forum. I know there are a lot who simply stopped playing once they lost their GC friend access, like I did when I accidentally updated my iOS system, or maybe like me, they just didn’t like the direction SV has taken the farms...
    Welcome back GladeMaid after a long hiatus.
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Reviving, Bumping, this thread. His farm now says his name and RIP with a date just last week. So sad. I hope it just means his farm.