Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What do you do when someone offers you theirs account?

report them instantly

[QUOTE=Unfettered;11595651]
    Quote Originally Posted by NicerDicer View Post
    ....Because I recently saw someone, who wrote this and I was wondering if I should send it to Supercell. Because, as you know, recently many people get scammed .... It's against ToS, but I kind of feel wrong when I report someone, because then I am the guy who is kind of responsible that the account got banned and I'd fell bad :/ /QUOTE]

OP - the question you should be asking yourself is why you find this to be an ethical/moral deliemma?
    It's because I am not sure if this guy is really a scammer or just wants to sell his account. Yes, it is both against ToS, but selling isn't devastating like a scam is.
    Last edited by NicerDicer; April 15th, 2018 at 06:15 PM.

It's because I am not sure if this guy is really a scammer or just wants to sell his account. Yes, it is both against ToS, but selling isn't devastating like a scam is.
    Ok you still don't get it.
    Buying, Selling, Sharing is against terms of service. If you are ready to share some one else's account its your greed. It's completely player's fault. Don't expect any help from SC in any case.
    Last edited by CaptainJackjr; April 15th, 2018 at 07:02 PM.

[QUOTE=NicerDicer;11596039]
    Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered View Post

Ok, so you agree both are wrong (as stipulated in the TOS); yet you seem to disagree on the punishment weighing the sale of an account as less worthy of punishment than someone attempting a scam. It is up to SC to render the appropriate punishment, not you, so there should be no ethical challenge here.

Because of this you might wish to simply ignore such chat transactions in the future.
    Dogmatix | TH12 - The Final Frontier |

[QUOTE=Unfettered;11596116]

Ok, so you agree both are wrong (as stipulated in the TOS); yet you seem to disagree on the punishment weighing the sale of an account as less worthy of punishment than someone attempting a scam. It is up to SC to render the appropriate punishment, not you, so there should be no ethical challenge here.

Because of this you might wish to simply ignore such chat transactions in the future.
    This is the correct answer. It doesnít involve you and you need to keep clear. SC is responsible for the content on global and they do watch it closely. People buy, sell, share, and gift accounts every day. You might agree or disagree with what other players do, but honestly, itís not worth worrying over unless it directly affects you. Leave SCís TOS to SC. Too many people here preach the TOS like itís gospel. But itís not our jobs to do anything but play this game as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConfuzed1 View Post
    This isn't high school. Kill the pig!
    Nice reference. And you are right, this isnít high school. So being a grown up and ignoring these idiots is the best way to go. Telling on people is lazy and childish. And before my child gets old enough to get online I plan on being a parent and educate her on the stupidity of a small population of people who are just immature jerks and try to ruin things.
    Ahh Lonestar, I see you have the ring and your Schwartz is as big as mine

I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul who comes to my base, looking for trouble.