Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Engineered bases trolling

  1. #1

    Engineered bases trolling

    Yo Supercell I don't want to be a whiny guy but I think still you haven't improved your matchmaking system in COC. I don't mind losing to a clan with better base layouts than ours and better attacks but we are still getting trolled by clans with engineered bases (th11 EB's to be exact). You see currently we only have th9's on top of our war line up. We are not rushing our town halls because we haven't maxed out our th9 heroes yet. And now we are pitted against a clan with a th10 for number 1 in their line up (impossible to three star with our th9) and then they have 3 th11 engineered bases with max dragons ang lightning spells. You do know that 6 max lightning spells will destroy 3 th9 air defenses right? And the max dragons and max cc loons will take care of the rest of our poor th9 bases. We dont mind the single th10 in their line up as long as the rest of their bases are th9. But adding three th11 engineered bases in their line up makes our current war hopelessly outgunned making it a moot point somehow to even continue the war much more continue playing the game. We love playing Clash of Clans but mismatches in war is kinda making us lose interest in your game. And I have read several COC forums with lots of players with the same qualms. I hope you will look into it. Thanks for taking the time to read this.





  2. #2
    Millennial Club Cilakila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Winning seven straight forum contests for sheer amazingness. Thank you for your support.
    Posts
    1,304
    Think you will get more discussion rolling in war talk...

    But most of the discussion on the topic has slowed - match maker still needs work - but most see to agree that not running any engineered accounts tends to significantly decrease your chances of meeting up with them.

    But, I am just recycling the words of others... I am not active enough in any good enough war clan to get a true vibe for the way things are anymore...
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

  3. #3
    Another unfortunate result of "engineering" seems to be that it hampers the matching algorithm. We usually have to wait upwards of 3 hours to get a match and last time was an incredible 7 hours 45 minutes. This is for a 25x25 war with no engineered bases.
    On a side note the engineering just shows how silly it is when my lowest TH7 can easily flatten their TH9 at the bottom... but for only a meagre 7,500 war loot, yet they, in return get much more loot for flattening anything in our clan.Capture.JPG
    Last edited by Hanx53; 1 Week Ago at 01:30 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cilakila View Post
    Think you will get more discussion rolling in war talk...

    But most of the discussion on the topic has slowed - match maker still needs work - but most see to agree that not running any engineered accounts tends to significantly decrease your chances of meeting up with them.

    But, I am just recycling the words of others... I am not active enough in any good enough war clan to get a true vibe for the way things are anymore...
    ...but most see to agree that not running any engineered accounts tends to significantly decrease your chances of meeting up with them.
    The way I understand this statement is that you are saying if my clan does not have any engineered bases we wont encounter clans in war with engineered bases. Well I wont be complaining about engineered bases if we have one or more in our clan, wouldn't I? To sum it up: Ever since I played Clash of Clans I never had any engineered bases and I don't allow any engineered bases in my clan. I've been playing COC for two years straight now, and we already had a significant number of clan wars against other clans with lots of engineered bases. So there. Thanks for sharing your theory though about why or how we encounter EB's in clan wars, but I think that's not just the case in our experience.

    Oh, btw, I didn't post this thread to have more discussions. I just want to get the attention of Supercell about the problem with matchmaking. I wouldn't even have logged in to this forum site or whatever you call it if not for my concerns.
    Last edited by Zeratul1112; 1 Week Ago at 06:56 AM.

  5. #5
    I see your point about how your th7 base can easily decimate a th9EB. But in the case of our current war (today, April 14) we only have th9's on the top of our line up. Our enemy clan on the other hand have a th10 for their number 1, several th9's also and three th11 EB's, one with max troops and spells the other two have max dragons and lightning spells. I already assumed they will get a perfect score from us but we can't do the same to them because of their th10. I hope you get the picture. It is really a mismatch, one that we just have to live with until Supercell improves with their matchmaking. And to think they already announced an improvement in matchmaking several months ago. Bummer!

  6. #6
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeratul1112 View Post
    ...but most see to agree that not running any engineered accounts tends to significantly decrease your chances of meeting up with them.
    The way I understand this statement is that you are saying if my clan does not have any engineered bases we wont encounter clans in war with engineered bases. Well I wont be complaining about engineered bases if we have one or more in our clan, wouldn't I? To sum it up: Ever since I played Clash of Clans I never had any engineered bases and I don't allow any engineered bases in my clan. I've been playing COC for two years straight now, and we already had a significant number of clan wars against other clans with lots of engineered bases. So there. Thanks for sharing your theory though about why or how we encounter EB's in clan wars, but I think that's not just the case in our experience.

    Oh, btw, I didn't post this thread to have more discussions. I just want to get the attention of Supercell about the problem with matchmaking. I wouldn't even have logged in to this forum site or whatever you call it if not for my concerns.


    Unfortunately Zeratul, this forum site or whatever we call it, is a discussion site. More unfortunately, it is a discussion site where other players, just like yourself post threads. It isn't a hotline to SuperCell. There is a good chance they wont ever know about your unfortunate match up, by posting it here. Sorry.

  7. #7

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    [/B]Unfortunately Zeratul, this forum site or whatever we call it, is a discussion site. More unfortunately, it is a discussion site where other players, just like yourself post threads. It isn't a hotline to SuperCell. There is a good chance they wont ever know about your unfortunate match up, by posting it here. Sorry.
    Awww....That kinda sucks. Thank for the info tho. I once sent a message to Darian Vorlick on his facebook account regarding the engineering bases issue, since I didn't know back then how to contact anyone from Supercell. I created an account on this website/forum site hoping that I can send my message to Supercell regarding our problems in clan matchmaking. Now I guess this will avail to nothing. I really thought this forum will send our grievances to Supercell seeing that I have read lots of complains about engineering bases in clan wars making the clan wars as stupid as Darians beard. I guess I'll be getting back to Japanese- and American-made games in the not-so distant future.

  8. #8
    Senior Member nobeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Deepest darkest Devon
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeratul1112 View Post
    Awww....That kinda sucks. Thank for the info tho. I once sent a message to Darian Vorlick on his facebook account regarding the engineering bases issue, since I didn't know back then how to contact anyone from Supercell. I created an account on this website/forum site hoping that I can send my message to Supercell regarding our problems in clan matchmaking. Now I guess this will avail to nothing. I really thought this forum will send our grievances to Supercell seeing that I have read lots of complains about engineering bases in clan wars making the clan wars as stupid as Darians beard. I guess I'll be getting back to Japanese- and American-made games in the not-so distant future.
    Your best bet to reach out to SuperCell is to add any truely dreadful war matches you encounter to https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...for-science%29

  9. #9
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    610
    Sorry Zeratul. No easy fixes at the moment mate. Could suggest how to possibly not be at a disadvantage, but the new meta seems to be for a lot of clans to adopt an engi or 2 to boost firepower.
    The last version of MM was pretty good at play style matching, but is maybe just a little off centre at present. Good luck.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •