Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 86

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Powerpotion should be banned from the war.

  1. #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    But you can see who attacked who on that web site. Just cant watch replays, or see troop combo. Any war with an open log is on there, so far as I am aware
    I mean in game not in the website he gave me. That’s why I thanked him for giving me such a useful website cheers ��
    Last edited by Nevera; 1 Week Ago at 08:56 PM.

  2. #52
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Parking lot of Grateful Dead show
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Agreed. But the guys with a lot of experience, prepping their minis to be PCP optimized accounts, will be.
    I would like to thank Supercell for thinking of us.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    Again, you cannot buy or win then frequently enough to make it a viable offensive strategy. Your explanation presumes that I am ignorant of how it can be exploited but I am totally aware of how to take advantage of it. The fact remains that any such account would be viable for war once a week at best. Any other time it will sit idle.
    I must not be explaining my point well, because you keep missing it. You are imagining an account that is ONLY useful when it has a power potion to use once per week. Even forgetting that some clans only war once per week, what you describe is just plain not the case. Assume I have an account with good troops, max or close to max, at a certain hall level. I use it in every war. I upgrade to the next hall level and upgrade the lab so I can use a power potion for max troops and spells of the next hall up. My account does not sit out any wars. It wars every time and I only use the next hall's max troops and spells when needed. The problem is I don't have to take the weight of those higher troops and spells, but still get to use them.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    5,370
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    Again, you cannot buy or win then frequently enough to make it a viable offensive strategy. Your explanation presumes that I am ignorant of how it can be exploited but I am totally aware of how to take advantage of it. The fact remains that any such account would be viable for war once a week at best. Any other time it will sit idle.
    There are easily enough potions to use them as needed in random spin wars. My clan has some low TH11s (not so much engineered, mostly balanced, but not upgrading very fast) who can use potions when needed. The reality is so few opponents are competitive that even if a potion is used in every close war, that doesn't get close to using all the potions given in clan games.
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e
    Looking for the Clash Royale forum? It moved here: https://communityroyale.com/

  5. #55
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Bumtruck, Egypt
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I must not be explaining my point well, because you keep missing it. You are imagining an account that is ONLY useful when it has a power potion to use once per week. Even forgetting that some clans only war once per week, what you describe is just plain not the case. Assume I have an account with good troops, max or close to max, at a certain hall level. I use it in every war. I upgrade to the next hall level and upgrade the lab so I can use a power potion for max troops and spells of the next hall up. My account does not sit out any wars. It wars every time and I only use the next hall's max troops and spells when needed. The problem is I don't have to take the weight of those higher troops and spells, but still get to use them.
    Maybe it would help if you said the same thing twice instead of trying to make your concept work. In this post, you talk about max troops from the previous TH. Let's use bowlers for an example. Max is 2 for TH10 and 3 for 11. So in the scenario you cited above, you are going to be an 11 with level 2 bowlers. Fair enough and viable. The effect of the potion is also minimal in that respect.

    Now let's examine a comment from your previous post as regards bowlers. To wit: " A swarm of max bowlers is a huge difference compared to level 1. A player with a power potion can count as level 1 bowlers in the match and have max bowlers to use if needed. That is just one example. It doesn't take some huge strategy or years of work." In this post you are presumably referring to a TH11 that has used the power potion to max his level 1 bowlers to level 3, a big gain. And I think we both agree level 1 bowlers on a TH11 is a worthless troop and the account just wouldn't be effective in war.

    The point is that I understand thoroughly but you keep trying different angles to justify your position, all the while presuming that I do not understand. Feel free to respond, I'm done with this topic.
    Last edited by TurmBo; 1 Week Ago at 11:54 PM.

  6. #56
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    170
    Most of people miss the PP key point.
    1. In beginning of a new town hall level is better then maxed th. SC wants you upgrade, and boost your play style by clan game. don't stand on maxed (ex. th9) forever.
    2. Reduce the impact on TH/LAB vs TH LAB MMA trend.
    3. New engineering mode show them money.
    4. Huge disadvantages on defenseless base.
    5. RUSHED base have a good chance to join clan war to contribute his power.
    Last edited by frainlll; 1 Week Ago at 01:05 AM.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    Maybe it would help if you said the same thing twice instead of trying to make your concept work. In this post, you talk about max troops from the previous TH. Let's use bowlers for an example. Max is 2 for TH10 and 3 for 11. So in the scenario you cited above, you are going to be an 11 with level 2 bowlers. Fair enough and viable. The effect of the potion is also minimal in that respect.

    Now let's examine a comment from your previous post as regards bowlers. To wit: " A swarm of max bowlers is a huge difference compared to level 1. A player with a power potion can count as level 1 bowlers in the match and have max bowlers to use if needed. That is just one example. It doesn't take some huge strategy or years of work." In this post you are presumably referring to a TH11 that has used the power potion to max his level 1 bowlers to level 3, a big gain. And I think we both agree level 1 bowlers on a TH11 is a worthless troop and the account just wouldn't be effective in war.

    The point is that I understand thoroughly but you keep trying different angles to justify your position, all the while presuming that I do not understand. Feel free to respond, I'm done with this topic.
    I have no idea what you mean by saying the same thing twice. Are you asking me to repeat things for you or asking me to stop giving multiple examples?

    Bowlers are only one example, but I disagree that the impact of level 2 at th10 instead of level 1 or level 3 at th11 instead of level 2 is minimal. A troop used in mass like that sees a big difference. Again, though, bowlers are only one example.

    As for max bowlers vs. level 1 bowlers, again, what is your point? Yes, I referred in that example to a th11 with level 1 bowlers, but, no, we definitely don’t agree that th11 is an account that can’t be effective in war. That fact that you say that shows you still don’t get the point. What on earth makes you think that account has to be useless? Are you incorrectly assuming just because it is called “th11” it must have the weight of a th11? Assume it is a th9 that only upgrades the hall and the lab and unlocks bowlers. You do realize the hall carries no weight, right? So this guy weighs in as a th9 other than the extra weight of the upgraded lab, yet gets to use th11 level max troops when he needs to (and uses his th9 level troops more often). Weighs in barely over a th9, gets to use th11 level troops when needed. Does that make sense now? Still useful as a th9 in all wars, gets to use th11 level troops without taking on their weight when he needs to.

    So, no, I don’t think you understand. If you did, you wouldn’t keep referring to accounts as useless without a power potion. You’ve proven in this post you do not understand. Perhaps that is my fault for not explaining it well enough, but for some reason you keep incorrectly believing an account designed to make good use of a power potion must be designed in a way to not be useful without the power potion.
    Last edited by 2222; 1 Week Ago at 02:06 PM.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

  8. #58
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Parking lot of Grateful Dead show
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I have no idea why you mean by saying the same thing twice. Are you asking me to repeat things for you or asking me to stop giving multiple examples?

    Bowlers are only one example, but I disagree that the impact of level 2 at th10 instead of level 1 or level 3 at th11 instead of level 2 is minimal. A troop used in mass like that sees a big difference. Again, though, bowlers are only one example.

    As for max bowlers vs. level 1 bowlers, again, what is your point? Yes, I referred in that example to a th11 with level 1 bowlers, but, no, we definitely don’t agree that th11 is an account that can’t be effective in war. That fact that you say that shows you still don’t get the point. What on earth makes you think that account has to be useless? Are you incorrectly assuming just because it is called “th11” it must have the weight of a th11? Assume it is a th9 that only upgrades the hall and the lab and unlocks bowlers. You do realize the hall carries no weight, right? So this guy weighs in as a th9 other than the extra weight of the upgraded lab, yet gets to use th11 level max troops when he needs to (and uses his th9 level troops more often). Weighs in barely over a th9, gets to use th11 level troops when needed. Does that make sense now? Still useful as a th9 in all wars, gets to use th11 level troops without taking on their weight when he needs to.

    So, no, I don’t think you understand. If you did, you wouldn’t keep referring to accounts as useless without a power potion. You’ve proven in this post you do not understand. Perhaps that is my fault for not explaining it well enough, but for some reason you keep incorrectly believing an account designed to make good use of a power potion must be designed in a way to not be useful without the power potion.
    And to add to this, having the base 2222 describes above can be a huge advantage. If you don’t need to use the potion, it can hit a th9 or scout, if you do need it, you have a th11 that can have max troops. Put 2-3-4 in a 20 person war, you have many more options.

    That being said, the engineer defending, optimzer, filthy thinks it’s now part of the game and a valid strategy.

  9. #59
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    And to add to this, having the base 2222 describes above can be a huge advantage. If you donít need to use the potion, it can hit a th9 or scout, if you do need it, you have a th11 that can have max troops. Put 2-3-4 in a 20 person war, you have many more options.

    That being said, the engineer defending, optimzer, filthy thinks itís now part of the game and a valid strategy.
    I would like to add to this discussion as it relates to the math. I took a look at my last war attack where I brought 21 bowlers ( not including any cc troops). Level 2 bowlers do 10pts DPS more than lev 1 and lev 3 bolwers do 20 DPS more. Additonally level 1-2 increases HP by 20 pts and 2-3 increases HP 40 HP more.

    so assuming 21 level 1 bowlers under potion, your net gain is a dps increase of four hundred and twenty (which is the equivalent of taking out a full max tesla in approx 2 secs or a max arch tower in 4 secs). On the defensive side these same bowlers can sustain 1260 HPs more damage ensuring they are alive longer. Using a potion with only 1 lev upgrade is obviously half the numbers noted above. This example is only for one troop, imagine how it can affect an entire army. The math wins out, this is a very large advantage that is not included on any balancing and should not be part of war.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 1 Week Ago at 03:21 AM.

  10. #60
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Parking lot of Grateful Dead show
    Posts
    1,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I would like to add to this discussion as it relates to the math. I took a look at my last war attack where I brought 21 bowlers ( not including any cc troops). Level 2 bowlers do 10pts DPS more than lev 1 and lev 3 bolwers do 20 DPS more. Additonally level 1-2 increases HP by 20 pts and 2-3 increases HP 40 HP more.

    so assuming 21 level 1 bowlers under potion, your net gain is a dps increase of four hundred and twenty (which is the equivalent of taking out a full max tesla in approx 2 secs or a max arch tower in 4 secs). On the defensive side these same bowlers can sustain 1260 HPs more damage ensuring they are alive longer. Using a potion with only 1 lev upgrade is obviously half the numbers noted above. This example is only for one troop, imagine how it can affect an entire army. The math wins out, this is a very large advantage that is not included on any balancing and should not be part of war.
    I 100% agree with everyone thing you said except the last line. Thanks for doing the math.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •