Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Powerpotion should be banned from the war.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    You can earn enough free from clan games and events to use them strategically to make a difference in wars.
    One a week max in clan games and I don't see events centered around them. Again, not a viable strategy to structure an offense around.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by seigedawg View Post
    Darian said in his Q&A that engineering will be at a disadvantage in the first half of the year. Time is coming and way overdue
    We still have 2.5 months to go in "the first half of the year".

Not that he actually said that anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    One a week max in clan games and I don't see events centered around them. Again, not a viable strategy to structure an offense around.
    I have 6 accounts, 5 of which can benefit from the potion. 2 of them are very recent TH upgrades: one was a max TH9 just turned TH10, one was an engineered TH8 turned TH9. So these two benefit the most. Because I don't spend every waking hour on my 6 accounts, I'm not working on these two at all any more because they give a war advantage in their current state. I don't put all 6 bases into every war; more like 1 to 3. And our clan doesn't war constantly, so each account is always stocked with power potions. In 10v10 or 15v15 wars, two light-weight bases using power potions can definitely tip the scale. It IS a viable strategy because I'm successfully using it.

I agree with OP. The Power Potion has made the engineering problem worse. And yes, as long as it's allowed, I'm capitalizing on it. If I don't, then our opponents will have the advantage. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldLamers View Post
    We lost our current war with only 1 star difference. The roster of our clan was equal to that of our opponent. However, they had one additional engineered th11. This player 3-starred two of our th10s by using the powerpotion.

The use of the powerpotion in clanwar should not be possible. The matchmaking is based upon our and our opponents defence and offence. So being able to use the powerpotion, such as in this case, gives us a big disadvantage and is totally unfair.

When will this be addressed by SuperCell? We feel we have been totally screwed by SuperCell and such issues certainly are not motivating for our war experience.

Best regards,
    Ronald
    Agree, it is simply making the engineering problem worse

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That implies you think there is a likelihood they might address it.

I don't think it remotely likely that will change any time in the near future.

They said when it was introduced taht they would monitor the usage, and if it seemed to ba having an undue effect on wars (and by that they mean it is affecting the result in large numbers of wars) then they might consider doing something.

But it has been available for several months now and no sign of them doing anything. TBH, I don't think it is having a significant effect overall, or we would be seeing a lot of complaints like yours here, and we are only seeing a very few.
    Complaints are less may be because many people are themselves also part of those clans who use powerpotions and engineered accounts. Powerpotion is making the engineered bases issue worse. Powerpotions make engineering a lucrative way of play.

Same thing happen to me . Top th11 used power potion and made the war into a draw . Itís already frustrating why make it worse:

SC distributes equal portion of potions to all clans through clan games. So if they use power potion then you should do so. But I understand your problem, its engineered bases. Dont worry SC will address it soon.

Forum Superstar
    The Power Potion certainly gives Engineering clan an additional tool to compete against other clans. But the good news is, the Power Potions offered from Clan Games is always in lower tiers, meaning smaller clans will certainly get their hands on the Power Potions too.

In my opinion, it's not what Power Potions does that makes engineering clans successfully use it in clan war, but the timing to use the Power Potions. Since the Power Potions is limited for both engineering and non-engineering clans, then the timing to use it is all the more important.

Should 5 engineering players use the Power Potions in current war? Or should more engineering players use the Power Potions? You see communication and strategy are very important for that to be successful, and the clans that successfully manage it, deserve to win wars.

Don't get me wrong, I hate engineering and my clan is not an engineering clan. But Power Potion is just an additional tool. It is not a sure win thing just because you had a Power Potion.
    Last edited by SilverX; April 13th, 2018 at 02:07 AM.

We had no engineered townhalls in the war. We had 6 th11, and our opponent had 7 th11. 6 at the top, and one engineered at the bottom (nr 17 of 20), which used the powerpotion.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    This thread again? If you don't have skill, the potion can't give you that. Nor are they given away often enough for a clan to use them constantly. You speak of facing a clan with "one additional engineered th11". Is your clan using engineered bases? I'm presuming you are since you are not complaining about that aspect of it. It sounds like you just got outfoxed is all. What's that old saying? All's fair in love and war?
    Which is why we have the Geneva Convention. And although I have never read it through, Iíd guess thereís a clause about power potions in it.
    Last edited by BlindHaze; April 13th, 2018 at 10:17 AM.