Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Powerpotion should be banned from the war.

Quote Originally Posted by TurmBo View Post
    As I said, the power potion isn't offered often enough to even make that a viable strategy.
    Ah, but there is no disadvantage when the player doesn’t have a power potion. They only need to use it when needed.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by RonaldLamers View Post
    When will this be addressed by SuperCell? We feel we have been totally screwed by SuperCell and such issues certainly are not motivating for our war experience.
    That implies you think there is a likelihood they might address it.

I don't think it remotely likely that will change any time in the near future.

They said when it was introduced taht they would monitor the usage, and if it seemed to ba having an undue effect on wars (and by that they mean it is affecting the result in large numbers of wars) then they might consider doing something.

But it has been available for several months now and no sign of them doing anything. TBH, I don't think it is having a significant effect overall, or we would be seeing a lot of complaints like yours here, and we are only seeing a very few.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Centennial Club
    As I said, the power potion isn't offered often enough to even make that a viable strategy.

Now that the merchant is selling them, I wouldn't go that far. Costly, yes, but totally possible. Not sure if it will be a viable long term strategy though, we'll see what the next update(s) bring to the table.
    Last edited by JanoLapin; April 12th, 2018 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Ah, but there is no disadvantage when the player doesn’t have a power potion. They only need to use it when needed.
    From the sounds of it the OP's clan was facing another engineered clan and got one-upped. I guess that's the chance you take when you play the game.

From the sounds of it the OP's clan was facing another engineered clan and got one-upped. I guess that's the chance you take when you play the game.
    Possibly and we all take chances with the war matchmaker of course. However, it doesn’t make sense to me that SC created what could be called an engineering potion, given it allows player to go to war and use troop and spell levels that they didn’t get weighted for. We can also do it by upgrading something after the match, so it isn’t as though it never happened before, but I just have found it odd with all the talk of countering engineering they offered up an engineering potion.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My legends hope: 14 hours daily search limit to reduce advantage of account sharing; black clouds screen; Legends3 5000-5499 cups, Legends2 5500-5999, Legends1 6000+ and titans/champs canít attack Legends1 or 2 players; while in clouds let us watch war, donate, do FCs, base design. Make a separate PvP trophy ladder option for all, others found here.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    That implies you think there is a likelihood they might address it.

I don't think it remotely likely that will change any time in the near future.

They said when it was introduced taht they would monitor the usage, and if it seemed to ba having an undue effect on wars (and by that they mean it is affecting the result in large numbers of wars) then they might consider doing something.

But it has been available for several months now and no sign of them doing anything. TBH, I don't think it is having a significant effect overall, or we would be seeing a lot of complaints like yours here, and we are only seeing a very few.
    Darian said in his Q&A that engineering will be at a disadvantage in the first half of the year. Time is coming and way overdue

Banned
    I agree, it's a cheap game mechanic and has no business being allowed in war. It should be for farming and fc's only. The potions come frequently enough that a person can choose to only upgrade one troop composition and then use potions for layouts that favor difference troop strats. This effectively minimizes their war weight and allows the use of a potion when it is most advantageous to them and the most detrimental to the other team. It's something that can be so easily exploited and I frankly have no idea what SC was thinking when they implemented the power potions as they currently are.

P.S: I read my statement and realize of course I know the answer, monetization what else heh.
    Last edited by Reyyo; April 12th, 2018 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldLamers View Post
    The use of the powerpotion in clanwar should not be possible. The matchmaking is based upon our and our opponents defence and offence. So being able to use the powerpotion, such as in this case, gives us a big disadvantage and is totally unfair.
    I don't agree with you, basically Power Potion is offered for everyone in this game not only for your enemy's clan but yours too. If they used it for their advantage in war , you can use yours too.

You guys crack me up. Are you saying that everyone in your clans has maxed their troops and would never benefit from the potion? THe bottom line is that they are not offered frequently enough to make it a viable strategy to structure an offense around them, and even when they are in the shop they are cost prohibitive. For those that are willing to buy them, you have my thanks. You are keeping the money flowing in so that the others can play for free.

Quote Originally Posted by DestroyerHeroine View Post
    I don't agree with you, basically Power Potion is offered for everyone in this game not only for your enemy's clan but yours too. If they used it for their advantage in war , you can use yours too.
    Your thought is that it is ok to add another thing to throw off the matchmaker because lots of people can use it to throw off the matchmaker? I don’t agree with that line of thought. Besides, not everyone can use it the same. A th10 with max troops and spells gets no use of the power potion AND has his max troops and spells count in his war weight. A th10 that doesn’t max his troops and spells, on the other hand, gets to go into war without taking on the weight of max troops and spells, yet can use max troops and spells if he has a potion.

You guys crack me up. Are you saying that everyone in your clans has maxed their troops and would never benefit from the potion? THe bottom line is that they are not offered frequently enough to make it a viable strategy to structure an offense around them, and even when they are in the shop they are cost prohibitive. For those that are willing to buy them, you have my thanks. You are keeping the money flowing in so that the others can play for free.
    You can earn enough free from clan games and events to use them strategically to make a difference in wars.

Am I losing sleep over this? No. If I created a list of problems in the game this wouldn’t be near the top. However, it still doesn’t make sense to me that SC created an engineering potion.
    Last edited by 2222; April 13th, 2018 at 12:20 AM.