Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: When will SC Implement build X before upgrading th X?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nobeone View Post
    I think the appropriate analogy is: engineers have a full th11 attack, but I have a pair of inferno towers ... oh, mine is useless, I lose ...

Anybody that puts savings in tax efficient products is avoiding tax, I don't know where you are from but oddly enough where I am from everybody does this, the government encourages it and provides tax breaks, evasion is illegal and you get caught and locked up. Engineering in clash is surely tax avoidance, if you continue the analogy, modding is evasion, Supercell will catch you and ban you. You could argue Supercell has to date encouraged engineering ... just like the UK government encourages tax efficient savings ...
    Please.... engineering is immoral. Maxing holds the moral superiority. We don’t need analogy. It is the way the game is meant to be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripple1972 View Post
    Please.... engineering is immoral. Maxing holds the moral superiority. We don’t need analogy. It is the way the game is meant to be played.
    Yeah, sorry, my bad, engineers are immoral, probably should be burned at the stake, or at least tortured with long match times and the nagging doubt the next match might pit them against a better engineered line up

Quote Originally Posted by TheodoricOfYork View Post
    Presactly ...
    I'm loving being presactly right, doesn't happen much

Forum Veteran
    I think the appropriate analogy is: engineers have a full th11 attack, but I have a pair of inferno towers ... oh, mine is useless, I lose ...

Anybody that puts savings in tax efficient products is avoiding tax, I don't know where you are from but oddly enough where I am from everybody does this, the government encourages it and provides tax breaks, evasion is illegal and you get caught and locked up. Engineering in clash is surely tax avoidance, if you continue the analogy, modding is evasion, Supercell will catch you and ban you. You could argue Supercell has to date encouraged engineering ... just like the UK government encourages tax efficient savings ...
    Hi nobeone.. I get the engi 11 has an extra attack ( 2 really), but maybe the fact that the IT is rubbish, is more of an issue than the engi 11. You may draw them. you may not. But those over weighted (not hidden) teslas stay with you every war. The nerf on the IT has created a void between engineering and balance/ maxer, that wasn't previously there ( and I agree not only engineers hit the nerfed IT, but it suits my argument). One side had an attack, the other had defence to cope with an average attacker. Now they just made it a turkey shoot.
    I still say the engi isn't too big a problem, unless you war at intermediate level (or run the wrong roster). But just when I start to jump on the SC band wagon, they score an own goal. IT nerf was one of them. Engineers have been around long enough for them to be part of the scenery. I don't mind his 2 attempts, as we get a free 3 on his base, and we cover the top with 5 bases in war usually. But SC appear to throw tangents with their logic.
    They work with 2 weights (my opinion), def and off. They allow any and all build types. I see too many complaints to think they match engi/ engi... so its def versus off, then they all but nullify one of the biggest defensive pieces in the game, and to rub salt, they (seemingly) leave the weight as is.
    With the game turning more and more like a shoot em up, I think they are cheapening their product. They, in my opinion, are running the risk of spoiling what has been, and still is, only less so, a brilliant skill/ strategy war game. Just hope the next turn puts them back on the right road.

PS.. Tax avoidance schemes?.. The government may promote it, but depends where you live in the country whether you can afford it. These big companies, like Nissan, don't come to the North East for the weather mate. Good for you tho.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 15th, 2018 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I still say the engi isn't too big a problem, unless you war at intermediate level (or run the wrong roster).
    I am interested in your point here, we war by putting whoever is opted in at the time of war search. I don't construct a roster as such, we don't have below TH8, and I try to keep wars ever smaller to try to improve matching, but I run between none and four TH11, between two and four TH10, between three and five TH9 and as many TH8s as is needed to make up 15v15 or 20v20? All bases all defences placed, as balanced as I know how without tripping over ClashKings feet. This used to avoid engineering matches pretty well, but the last few weeks, it seems not. I don't claim they get much advantage, but they sure make for some rubbish wars as we watch then dip, double dip and triple dip while we flog away with little room for error.

PS.. Tax avoidance schemes?.. The government may promote it, but depends where you live in the country whether you can afford it. These big companies, like Nissan, don't come to the North East for the weather mate. Good for you tho.
    Cash ISA available for 1 ... even Northerners can afford that

North Devon (as opposed to Devon that would include South Devon cities of Plymouth and Exeter) is one of the very poorest regions in the UK, comparible with Cornwall, but we didn't get the European cash like them, we have no industry to speak of, only tourism and argiculture, we would love Nissan to come to North Devon!

Millennial Club
    Yeah, sorry, my bad, engineers are immoral, probably should be burned at the stake, or at least tortured with long match times and the nagging doubt the next match might pit them against a better engineered line up

Yeah Nobeone I like to burn those immoral engineered clans, and that what we r doing now, since our line up always draw 100% engineered clan, so maybe the maxer clan should thanks me for that, lol
    Last edited by samratulangi; April 16th, 2018 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Yeah Nobeone I like to burn those engineered clans, and that what we r doing now, since our line up always draw 100% engineered clan, so maybe the maxer clan should thanks me for that, lol
    Go Sam! Yay!

Forum Veteran
    I am interested in your point here, we war by putting whoever is opted in at the time of war search. I don't construct a roster as such, we don't have below TH8, and I try to keep wars ever smaller to try to improve matching, but I run between none and four TH11, between two and four TH10, between three and five TH9 and as many TH8s as is needed to make up 15v15 or 20v20? All bases all defences placed, as balanced as I know how without tripping over ClashKings feet. This used to avoid engineering matches pretty well, but the last few weeks, it seems not. I don't claim they get much advantage, but they sure make for some rubbish wars as we watch then dip, double dip and triple dip while we flog away with little room for error.

You are making me think.. Just done 12 hours lol. Intermediate weight war.. my take. I call a roster that includes more than one TH11, that are maybe half build, or are not near max with some 10s, and 9s. Add in decent size heroes, and the weight will be pretty significant, without getting anywhere near Tomvilles war size. That is what I would consider an intermediate weight.. above the normal 10, 9s, and 8s, but not the multi 11 heavy wars. May be able to make my brain work better after sleep, but I think I got close.

Cash ISA available for 1 ... even Northerners can afford that

North Devon (as opposed to Devon that would include South Devon cities of Plymouth and Exeter) is one of the very poorest regions in the UK, comparible with Cornwall, but we didn't get the European cash like them, we have no industry to speak of, only tourism and argiculture, we would love Nissan to come to North Devon!
    HaHa. A pound. Wish I knew about them 20 year ago.. would have almost a fiver by now mate. You guys sure get some bad press then, thought it was all tweed suits and walking sticks lol. And a polo pony in the back garden. Nothing like our flat cap and whippet in hand. So far as Nissan, we get a lot of shivering wrecks that worked for them for a year or 2 at our place. Good money, but they chew people up and spit them out. I enjoy your posts tho.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; April 16th, 2018 at 10:08 PM.

We meet a lot of strange TH10/11 bases in CWs where they have no wall, only a few bombs and hidden teslas so it is still too hard for our smaller bases to 3* them. I guess it is too late to change now, but perhaps some recommendation could be there.

You are making me think.. Just done 12 hours lol. Intermediate weight war.. my take. I call a roster that includes more than one TH11, that are maybe half build, or are not near max with some 10s, and 9s. Add in decent size heroes, and the weight will be pretty significant, without getting anywhere near Tomvilles war size. That is what I would consider an intermediate weight.. above the normal 10, 9s, and 8s, but not the multi 11 heavy wars. May be able to make my brain work better after sleep, but I think I got close.
    Yes we are intermediate weight wars by your description, maxer type people with a couple of heavy TH11s, a couple heavy TH10s, a couple heavy TH9s, a bunch of heavy TH8s and a few lighter TH10s, TH9s, and TH8s, but most are running bases coming up to max for their TH level. We know we pull a TH level up but that is OK, it is the constant run of lightly engineered that is my complaint for the last few weeks ... never mind, I am sure SuperCell will fix it all for me (just me!) in the next update ...

HaHa. A pound. Wish I knew about them 20 year ago.. would have almost a fiver by now mate. You guys sure get some bad press then, thought it was all tweed suits and walking sticks lol. And a polo pony in the back garden. Nothing like our flat cap and whippet in hand. So far as Nissan, we get a lot of shivering wrecks that worked for them for a year or 2 at our place. Good money, but they chew people up and spit them out. I enjoy your posts tho.
    Oh the tweed suit landowners are here as they are everywhere, hunting, shooting, fishing and talking loudly in public places, we have a lot of second home owners come to "enjoy" the area once they approach retirement age from the home counties or London, and a lot of retirees, but the locals are not like that at all ... I have visited the North East for work and leisure, other than struggling with your accent and the cold winds, I think the places are not that dissimilar except we don't have the industry on the north coast, only the south coast ... and that is too far to commute ... it is a long way from Ilfracombe to Plymouth!