Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

Thread: When will SC Implement build X before upgrading th X?

  1. #11
    Senior Member SmartReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerscouse View Post
    Lobsided bases should be awarded a disadvantage..not an advantage in clan wars
    That's the point. Lopsided bases get affected in wars. So why not change the war MM? It's not a problem of how people play, Its the war matchmaking.
    "Death is nothing but the next great adventure"

    So, "do you wanna have a bad time?"

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    79
    I couldnt care how people play...i do however care how mma categorizes these inside clanwars.

  3. #13
    Senior Member SmartReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerscouse View Post
    I couldnt care how people play...i do however care how mma categorizes these inside clanwars.
    I think the point is clear then. I do understand that lopsided bases are very annoying in wars, But forcing people to play in a specific way isn't fair either. Hope SC does something about it. Anyways, Cheers
    "Death is nothing but the next great adventure"

    So, "do you wanna have a bad time?"

  4. #14
    Forum Veteran xXXCHRISXXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartReborn View Post
    It is NOT entirely up to SC on how one plays the game. They make some rules (ToS) but that doesn't affect the gameplay at all. People are entitled to the way they want to play. If we consider your point, SC can also make players pay gems to play a game but that would probably result in the game's end

    tldr- SC does have some control but they can't control the way people play. Can you give me any incidence on when SC tried to do that?
    I think you’re confusing build type with play. You’re correct, they do not control build types and have stated they enjoy allowing us that freedom. However, it’s their game, so if or when they say we have to “play by their rules”, then yes we have to abide by their rules.

    Townhall sniping... that changed the way I and many others played. Who made the decision to do that? Supercell or the players? They control the way we play but like to take a hands off approach when possible. Engineering/base building is a perfect example of their hands off approach, imo.

  5. #15
    Senior Member SmartReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by xXXCHRISXXx View Post
    I think you’re confusing build type with play. You’re correct, they do not control build types and have stated they enjoy allowing us that freedom. However, it’s their game, so if or when they say we have to “play by their rules”, then yes we have to abide by their rules.

    Townhall sniping... that changed the way I and many others played. Who made the decision to do that? Supercell or the players? They control the way we play but like to take a hands off approach when possible. Engineering/base building is a perfect example of their hands off approach, imo.
    They never forced anyone not to do TH sniping, they just made it a disadvantage. If people want to put their TH outside, they are free to do it. SC never bans or takes away freedom of play styles. They might make changes but as I said, people are free to play how they want.

    Eg: Rushers play the way they want, even If they have a disadvantage.
    "Death is nothing but the next great adventure"

    So, "do you wanna have a bad time?"

  6. #16
    I’d like to see that done for th12, but I doubt it will happen.
    Th11 here, several other accounts th8-10. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Some tips/thoughts on Legends here. Engineers aren't the problem, they are the symptom of a problematic matchmaker. My Legends hope: Legends2 5000-5999, Legends1 6000+ PvP with no loot or create a new 3rd trophy ladder for PvP (so no PvP in Legends) again with no loot, but then still Legends1 starting at 6000 cups, reset is 6000 not 5000. Contact SC here

  7. #17
    Forum Contender Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4,898
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    No way they implement this. There's some chance of stricter th matching, lab matching, or something else that disadvantages engineering, but they won't kill upgrade freedom in the main game.
    They can leave base development as is, just add a flag to the base that does not conform to this to be not included in war, like a war timer, can show black in the clan list .
    Level: 240 TH11 |max walls | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1 million | Hero Levels: 120



  8. #18
    Forum Elder TankSinatra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    They can leave base development as is, just add a flag to the base that does not conform to this to be not included in war, like a war timer, can show black in the clan list .
    I don't doubt that they can, I'm explaining why they won't. Other options are possible, from weight revamps to closer TH matching.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

  9. #19
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartReborn View Post
    They never forced anyone not to do TH sniping, they just made it a disadvantage. If people want to put their TH outside, they are free to do it. SC never bans or takes away freedom of play styles. They might make changes but as I said, people are free to play how they want.

    Eg: Rushers play the way they want, even If they have a disadvantage.
    But realistically, taking away the shield was, indeed, putting an end to TH sniping. It didn't just put it at a disadvantage, it completely negated the reason for doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    They can leave base development as is, just add a flag to the base that does not conform to this to be not included in war, like a war timer, can show black in the clan list .
    They could, and that would make a lot of people happy. But by making the build type ineligible for war, that would not be just putting it at a disadvantage, it would be an outright ban. That would go against their usual stance, even though they have conceded engineering advantage needs addressing. I doubt they would risk such a hard line approach

  10. #20
    Forum Veteran xXXCHRISXXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,873
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    But realistically, taking away the shield was, indeed, putting an end to TH sniping. It didn't just put it at a disadvantage, it completely negated the reason for doing it.
    Exactly. I didn’t want to go that route with him/her though because they already seemed defensive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •