Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Base mismatch (war compared to normal base)

Base mismatch (war compared to normal base)

This brings the engineered players a whole step further, this guy has a poxy little base (with max dragons) as his war base, but when you look at his proper base it's got an eagle and a whole load more defences, another loophole that needs shutting firmly in these players faces!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ajax; 1 Week Ago at 10:13 AM.

Please remove his details. He isn’t cheating. He’s just been forgetful and not placed buildings he owns on the war base. Those buildings counted fully in his and the clan total war weight for matchmaking because they had been placed on his regular base. He isn’t hurting you by that, he’s actually hurting himself and his clan by accident.
    Last edited by Tomville; 1 Week Ago at 09:54 AM.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 14 International clan
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

Quote Originally Posted by Bamb0ozle View Post
    This brings the engineered players a whole step further, this guy has a poxy little base (with max dragons) as his war base, but when you look at his proper base it's got an eagle and a whole load more defences, another loophole that needs shutting firmly in these players faces!
    Your images aren’t showing

But, as I understand the matching, if the eagle and other defenses are on his home village, they “count” in terms of weight when matching for war, even if they aren’t placed on his war base.
    Last edited by Ajax; 1 Week Ago at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    Please remove his details.
    Nope, he should be proud of his base, don't see the need to remove anything

That's not forgetful, he's obviously used the same war base for a long long time, looking at how many extra buildins he has on his normal base, he's using a massive loophole, he's not hurting his own team with this at all, he can go so much higher up the map than his position suggests, which allows higher players 2 free attacks, it's ludicrous how people can think this sort of thing is ok
    Last edited by Ajax; 1 Week Ago at 10:14 AM.

That's not forgetful, he's obviously used the same war base for a long long time, looking at how many extra buildins he has on his normal base, he's using a massive loophole, he's not hurting his own team with this at all, he can go so much higher up the map than his position suggests, which allows higher players 2 free attacks, it's ludicrous how people can think this sort of thing is ok
    As Tom explained, that's not cheating. The second you build a defense in the main base you get the war weight in your next war, regardless of whether you place the structure on your war base.

The only actual loop hole is building a new defense after matching but before battle day. That's a one shot deal, and not what you seem to be describing.

Quit trying to bamboozle us! (Couldn't resist).

Then let me help you understand: rule 1 here https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Rules-READ%21 You cannot call someone specific a cheat in public on the forum.

And I have already explained that the weight of ALL the defences and walls he owns - placed on war base or not - was counted fully in the matchmaking. Yes he was an engineer, now he’s more just a rushed th11 with an eagle. So what? I’m no lover of engineered bases but this person is not doing anything wrong and as I’ve said is accidentally hurting his own clan as he hasn’t put things he owns on the war base - he would be rather harder to 3 star with his eagle placed.
    We welcome strong TH10 and TH11 adult players with big heros for fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Active builder base, and must know where the donate button is!

lol at Bamboozle remark

That can't be the case mate, he's 24 on the map, if his real base added the correct weight he would be more like 15, something just isn't right with this dude

Forum Elder
    Actually what Tomville said is right.
    The player full war weight (on profile or home base) is considered for war matchmaking. The war weight on war base is not considered.
    The guy is not engineering, as doing so will hurt him and his clan rather than giving them advantage.

I am not sure that engineering will give you disadvantage, but it is what happen in this case.
    Last edited by SilverX; 1 Week Ago at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomville View Post
    Then let me help you understand: rule 1 here https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Rules-READ%21 You cannot call someone specific a cheat in public on the forum.
    Happy now? I get the 'he's not breaking any rules' bit, but to gain an unfair advantage like this is plainly unfair, and as previously stated he would be more like 15 on the map if his full normal base weight was used, so what the hell is going on?
    Last edited by Ajax; 1 Week Ago at 10:15 AM.

Happy now? I get the 'he's not breaking any rules' bit, but to gain an unfair advantage like this is plainly unfair, and as previously stated he would be more like 15 on the map if his full normal base weight was used, so what the hell is going on?
    This situation is this: at one point (for a long while) the matchmaker gave more consideration to defence than offence. Engineered bases of the offence lopsided kind exploited that. It wasn’t cheating, but it was a cause of unfair matches. A lot has been done to address that by changing the matchmaker to take better account of offence and lopsided offence in particular - now engineered clans are more likely to match other engineered clans, and when they match clans that don’t engineer they don’t have nearly so much of an advantage.

As to his position on the map, it all depends on how big he is relative to his team, as they’re arranged in order of defence weight. Yes, he has that heavy weight eagle (level 1?), but he’s missing infernos and most of his xbows, has good size air defences, but is otherwise somewhere around th4-5-6 levels on all splash and point. I am not a walking war weight calculator like some, but I can tell you it’s pretty sure he’d be lighter than a nonengineered th10 and so below any of them on the map.

Order on the map doesn’t mean much anyway, it’s mostly for the opponent to have a sense of how big each one is without looking closely. In his case it’s misleading, he’d be sitting higher on the map than the strength of his war base warrants as the map order would count what he hasn’t placed.
    Last edited by Ajax; 1 Week Ago at 12:31 PM.