Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What is more frustrating in war ... power potion or engineered

i guess it depends on what you mean by "huge" i generally see them used 1-3 times every war. I've not seen the engineered bases specifically set up for them but I've seen engies that focused on lava loon to max suddenly attack with maxed bowitch or other such attacks (th9 maxed govaho) that, looking at their troops during prep day, you would not have expected.

honestly IMO, we're not to the point where a base like this (lab maxed th11 with level 1 troops) would be prevalent. give it another 8-10 months.... it's been about four months since they were added only enough time for the most dedicated players to make it without spending a good deal of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    honestly IMO, we're not to the point where a base like this (lab maxed th11 with level 1 troops) would be prevalent. give it another 8-10 months.... it's been about four months since they were added only enough time for the most dedicated players to make it without spending a good deal of money.
    That might be wrong, it should not take so long:
    September/15, I created 8 mini accounts for rush bases, Because I already knew the matchmaking was changed to face offense as first priority.
    December/20, All those accounts reached TH11 without gemming, But camps/lab/SF did not get ready, SC released clan game ...Every accounts all picked PowerPotion for war. So I have a big pool to store PP in my castle (8x5=40).
    Jan/20, I got max CASTLE/SF/LAB/STORAGES, Unlock all troops until MINER, NO DE troops. All accounts did not drop Grand Warden because 1 accidentally dropped GW I found the mystery on GW, 3 LV1 hero is a stupid method and you will get 6~7K offense. Because all of my resources were focused on upgrade TH, I stand on 25K base and 60k offense, I am a TH11, MM tread me as a rush player. Although we have 6 defenseless account but we also have 8 rushed th11, But we started to face RUSH clans (Heavier defense and lower offense/heroes), I posted on board about RUSH is good! But I know no one believe in me and I never show any evidences.
    Jan/31, I started deploying my point defenses because nothing to upgrade but defense, I am sure I need more defense because people start to develop 1 canon 1 max troops play style engineering. I knew very few people already did that good, but mostly people just dont know why.

Everything I recorded, So I said, Camps/SF levels is a really big offense weight (not +weight, it's times, because I also saw a th11 with only 1 level9 CAMPS, only 60 spaces ... ). Now I said, the matchmaking is trying to match you have equal GW count or approaching total levels. How to gain the advantage ? Put your th9 directly to th11 but don't drop GW and don't add any more CAMP space. GW is similar to 1 year ago EA and EA is similar to 1 year ago GW and 3* rate makes EA is not a big deal in matchmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    That might be wrong, it should not take so long:
    September/15, I created 8 mini accounts for rush bases, Because I already knew the matchmaking was changed to face offense as first priority.
    December/20, All those accounts reached TH11 without gemming, But camps/lab/SF did not get ready, SC released clan game ...Every accounts all picked PowerPotion for war. So I have a big pool to store PP in my castle (8x5=40).
    Jan/20, I got max CASTLE/SF/LAB/STORAGES, Unlock all troops until MINER, NO DE troops. All accounts did not drop Grand Warden because 1 accidentally dropped GW I found the mystery on GW, 3 LV1 hero is a stupid method and you will get 6~7K offense. Because all of my resources were focused on upgrade TH, I stand on 25K base and 60k offense, I am a TH11, MM tread me as a rush player. Although we have 6 defenseless account but we also have 8 rushed th11, But we started to face RUSH clans (Heavier defense and lower offense/heroes), I posted on board about RUSH is good! But I know no one believe in me and I never show any evidences.
    Jan/31, I started deploying my point defenses because nothing to upgrade but defense, I am sure I need more defense because people start to develop 1 canon 1 max troops play style engineering. I knew very few people already did that good, but mostly people just dont know why.

Everything I recorded, So I said, Camps/SF levels is a really big offense weight (not +weight, it's times, because I also saw a th11 with only 1 level9 CAMPS, only 60 spaces ... ). Now I said, the matchmaking is trying to match you have equal GW count or approaching total levels. How to gain the advantage ? Put your th9 directly to th11 but don't drop GW and don't add any more CAMP space. GW is similar to 1 year ago EA and EA is similar to 1 year ago GW and 3* rate makes EA is not a big deal in matchmaking.

And with all that work and rational, what is your personal war record for the past 100 to 150 days?

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    And with all that work and rational, what is your personal war record for the past 100 to 150 days?
    Why is it matter to you, since he just said what he has done in 4 months, if he still doing a lot of trials, I believe he may still lose some wars, even though he has all of those "knowledge"

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    I always run 50v50, It's not all controlled by me. I won 42 and lose 8 in my past 50 wars.
    But for advantage or disadvantage in matching, I only got 2 disadvantage in those 50 games.
    Because 2 opponents run same style with reverse engineering (TH11, no miner,no witch/lava/bowler and no GW but built EA with 220 spaces and BK/AQ are LV50, or all maxed heroes with dragloon + minion + light + clone maxed only) and better than me.
    Less than 10 matches are balance, and around 80% wars we always gain a few or huge advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by samratulangi View Post
    Why is it matter to you, since he just said what he has done in 4 months, if he still doing a lot of trials, I believe he may still lose some wars, even though he has all of those "knowledge"
    It can be noteworthy if he has success warring the way he does, or if it is just for the giggles.

I always run 50v50, It's not all controlled by me. I won 42 and lose 8 in my past 50 wars.
    But for advantage or disadvantage in matching, I only got 2 disadvantage in those 50 games.
    Because 2 opponents run same style with reverse engineering (TH11, no miner,no witch/lava/bowler and no GW but built EA with 220 spaces and BK/AQ are LV50, or all maxed heroes with dragloon + minion + light + clone maxed only) and better than me.
    Less than 10 matches are balance, and around 80% wars we always gain a few or huge advantages.
    Thank you.

https://cocp.it/clan/8VYG0R9G
    You can check the detail, especially in no40~no50, they are our advantage keys.

Pro Member
    https://cocp.it/clan/8VYG0R9G
    You can check the detail, especially in no40~no50, they are our advantage keys.
    There's no advantage key because you lose every after 5 wars. I have to appreciate the damn work. Good job you and your clanmates did.

But one thing, if you want to win every war then catch the main nerve of MM. Usually players of th9 and th8 runs contribute to majority of the war. If you make a 15-15 roster consisting th9 and th8 with those bases, nobody is going to defeat you. It requires analysis, th8 and th7 players are usually no-brainer and put those bases there and the victory is your hand.

Second thing, the point defences needs an upgrade, they do not carry a lot of weight compared to xbow and inferno. Point defence can justify that they can give much more than the heavy ones.

I think power potions are frustrating for engineers.

All that hard work to manicure a th11 to gain an advantage just to be out engineered by a maxer with an a max th and lab. The Quasi-Engineer has no matchmaking penalties as far as I can tell. Where as the manicured/engineered 11 has the permanent weight impact of maxed troops (much like those of us with orange tickle towers).

Ultimately, I hope this "new clan war system" is a huge success when it goes live. I am hanging on by thread here. I only play for the challenge of clan wars.

I have no real th11's and am a long way from getting one. Watching all of my th10 and th9 bases flattened every war by th11's takes the fun out of base designing. Every now and then I get to witness a double dip fail (which is always good for a laugh), but that doesn't happen to often. Wars against clans with ultra low defense levels except the top 4 or 5 are no fun either. It's either too easy or impossible to attack again resulting in 0 fun. No fun on offense and no fun on defense.....about the only reason I play this game anymore is the social aspect. Even then I have picked up other hobbies and have greatly reduced time spent playing clash of clans.

It is what it is, I hope it gets better.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; April 17th, 2018 at 06:26 PM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*