Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is more frustrating in war ... power potion or engineered

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Reading this post, made me start to think, most that are replying to this thread are not your average clashers when it comes to war.

People talk about at least 4 max th11 at the top of the map ECT. But I do not think that the average clan is in this position. There are 1000's of clans that war, that won't have a max base at the top, probably don't even have a th10 that is even close. These are the clans that will be affected by power potions the most. People need to look at the big picture, not just how something would apply to a clan that takes war more serious then most.

PS, not directed at you SuperStorm, just your post got me thinking .
    You are right. We have 4 usually, 3 max and 1 mid th11. We regularly see 97%+ destruction against us. Even with our top 11's, we have no room to breathe. I blame the defense nerf/offense buff update. There is a very very small chance that a th10 will defend a th11 (that doesn't spam lavaloon). Even for our somewhat heavy roster, wars are still way to close to perfect.

There was a post awhile back something to the effect of "our war log is destroyed" where that was precisely the issue being discussed. Op's clan had a decent war record with 1 or 2 th10's at the top, but now they were always getting perfected by engineered 11's with or without power potions. I sympathized with the OP as I knew what he was talking about because I see my TH10 smashed war after war after war by BoWitch. It's extremely hard to stop.

To get to the point of my post I guess, SC hosed the lower weight war clans with the update by increasing the power of engineered 11's and not matching them appropriately. Power potions really don't change the game that much. I see them more as a way to max and engineer at the same time, or set your account up to combat such manipulations of the matching system.

I have two otherwise th9's (camp space, troops, heroes, and cc all at th9 levels or below and no warden) that I took to th11 and upgraded the lab to have just in case we bump into a clan with engineered 11's. I won't be 3 starring th11's, But I can put up a decent two star if needed. 99% of the time I just play them as th9's.

If power potions are removed, Engineering needs to go as well. At least with power potions, the average player can even up the war without the time/effort/money to make a traditional engineered base. And, they can do it with minimal effects to their matching/roster.
    Last edited by SuperStorm103; April 14th, 2018 at 01:54 AM.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    What can we do ?
    1. Very easy to 2* any maxed th11, very detail scout through DragonBall attack and safely to get 2* 60%.
    What's DragonBall attack? Lol
    Drags and Bowlers? How does that work?
    Clash of Clans: TH12 52/54/20 | any other TH I probably have a base

Clash Royale: Probably more posts than wins. Why my posts still count if the forum was deleted?

Dragon + Balloon attack by Power Potion Engineering to 107k base.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

User profile:
    https://imgur.com/a/QtmGs

(Upload image file size limitation issue )

For this example, by math,
    1 drag from lv1 to lv6 I got extra dps 140 ->270, hp 1900->3200 , x10, totally add 1300dps,14000hp.
    clone spell do extra 1 dragon + 1 ball (24space ->40), x2, totally 260dps, 2800hp for drag and 2 extra balloon was discounted .

Roughly estimation:
    Before PP, my total dps is around 1700. HP22000
    After PP (considering of spells and cc too),my DPS >3400,HP >40000,
    I got around x2 power in math. I can easy 2* any th11, especially in anti 3* base.

I can very clear tell you, this guy offense recommended target is 65K.
    Last edited by frainlll; April 14th, 2018 at 10:51 AM.

This isn't the real choice OP, it is engineered to benefit from power potion that is the real problem?

Centennial Club
    I think SC should make a move regarding ebases. They should give penalty (e.g. -2 or -3 stars to the total pts) every ebases who joined war. It will be easy for sc to code in their database to detect which base is ebase inside clan war. I reckon this will be the solution for this issue.
    Last edited by Nevera; April 14th, 2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    Dragon + Balloon attack by Power Potion Engineering to 107k base.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    Oh then it's just Dragloon never heard of Dragonball haha

Not as easy to get 66% on that base with teenie heroes and no warden. Maybe I should start training that attack with 50/50/20 lol
    Last edited by VeeBirds; April 14th, 2018 at 01:54 PM.
    Clash of Clans: TH12 52/54/20 | any other TH I probably have a base

Clash Royale: Probably more posts than wins. Why my posts still count if the forum was deleted?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevera View Post
    I think SC should make a move regarding ebases. They should give penalty (e.g. -2 or -3 stars to the total pts) every ebases who joined war. It will be easy for sc to code in their database to detect which base is ebase inside clan war. I reckon this will be the solution for this issue.
    Easy, and solved.

New Bloke/Chick

People who moan about it ... boo hoo hoo ... Waaaa ...

Many players were worried about Power Potions from day one.
    I expected an exponential increase in lab only engineered bases, and a huge outcry from the community about this.

In reality, this just hasn't happened .......yet. It may still be too soon or players may still be wary about Darian's comments earlier this year about 'engineering will become a disadvantage'.... I don't know.

As a generalisation however, Power potions are not a huge at the moment.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 48/43/17