Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is more frustrating in war ... power potion or engineered

I don't think power potions on engineered accounts (already have max offense) is a big deal. I have always viewed power potions as a chance to out engineer engineered th11's. Like those that built infernos, they cannot unresearch their troops. They are stuck with the weight. The average player however with a few clicks can be the ultimate engineer (but only when you want to be). Don't want to be an engineer? Don'y use power potions and you are good.

Power potions are not common enough to cause huge effects in wars. As somebody else said earlier, if you do not have at least 4 max th11's at the top of your roster, you can be perfected. Before this last round of clan games when SC handed out 4 of them we had not seen power potions used in a long time. I expect they will be drying up again soon and the problem will go away.

Then majority of power potion use I have seen has not resulted in any great achievements. Most of what I see is th10's and th11's using power potions to dip and double dip on th9's. Not really a huge deal, as a th10 and th11 should be able to 3 star a th9 every time anyways. The fact that they need to use a power potion to do it just makes me laugh.
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    I don't think power potions on engineered accounts (already have max offense) is a big deal. I have always viewed power potions as a chance to out engineer engineered th11's. Like those that built infernos, they cannot unresearch their troops. They are stuck with the weight. The average player however with a few clicks can be the ultimate engineer (but only when you want to be). Don't want to be an engineer? Don'y use power potions and you are good.

Power potions are not common enough to cause huge effects in wars. As somebody else said earlier, if you do not have at least 4 max th11's at the top of your roster, you can be perfected. Before this last round of clan games when SC handed out 4 of them we had not seen power potions used in a long time. I expect they will be drying up again soon and the problem will go away.

Then majority of power potion use I have seen has not resulted in any great achievements. Most of what I see is th10's and th11's using power potions to dip and double dip on th9's. Not really a huge deal, as a th10 and th11 should be able to 3 star a th9 every time anyways. The fact that they need to use a power potion to do it just makes me laugh.
    Reading this post, made me start to think, most that are replying to this thread are not your average clashers when it comes to war.

People talk about at least 4 max th11 at the top of the map ECT. But I do not think that the average clan is in this position. There are 1000's of clans that war, that won't have a max base at the top, probably don't even have a th10 that is even close. These are the clans that will be affected by power potions the most. People need to look at the big picture, not just how something would apply to a clan that takes war more serious then most.

PS, not directed at you SuperStorm, just your post got me thinking .
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

Quote Originally Posted by SuperStorm103 View Post
    I don't think power potions on engineered accounts (already have max offense) is a big deal.
    It's however a big advantage to """next level engineers""", who can leave lv1 troops for war search but have max troops in the attack (assuming offense weight is actually a big enough factor).

IMO engineering or not, power potion shouldn't be useable in war period. Even a newly upgraded TH (not engineered) or a very rushed base can spam maxed TH troops. It's just not a good idea to have such thing in a competitive scenario.

And yes to the poster above, it's true while for my clan is really a non issue I see the problems with it
    Last edited by VeeBirds; April 12th, 2018 at 06:59 PM.
    Clash of Clans: TH12 59/56/20 | any other TH I probably have a base

Clash Royale: Probably more posts than wins. Why my posts still count if the forum was deleted?

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Reading this post, made me start to think, most that are replying to this thread are not your average clashers when it comes to war.

People talk about at least 4 max th11 at the top of the map ECT. But I do not think that the average clan is in this position. There are 1000's of clans that war, that won't have a max base at the top, probably don't even have a th10 that is even close. These are the clans that will be affected by power potions the most. People need to look at the big picture, not just how something would apply to a clan that takes war more serious then most.

PS, not directed at you SuperStorm, just your post got me thinking .
    Maybe all forum contributors are not average clashers due to the fact that we tend to think more, and have gained more knowledge than others, but many of us are still potentially at the mercy of PP. Not all of us do heavy weight war, or have a big 11 anchor. The clans with a lot of weight are immune to the effects, so of course they wont have a problem with it.
    We hit on a sweet spot in the search pools with our roster, so tend to be shielded from accounts that can gain big advantages, although a new hall, upgrading lab, can increase troop level by 1 or 2 slots, by attacking "blue".
    Hopefully, it wont become too big of a problem, as usually there aren't many in clan games, and 300 gems is a steep price.
    My bigger concern about their inclusion is the unknown.. Why did they introduce them in the first place, knowing they can tip the balance even further, considering the MMA has suddenly looked a little unstable again just recently. There may be nothing, but with the big update due, it doesn't bode well that "fair" wars don't appear to be too high on the agenda.
    To conclude, I still believe a good spin can be achieved, but the roster balance and weights have to be pretty accurate (for your set up). And a lot depends how close, a close war appears to each individual. PP, we can do little about.

I don't think it'd be a big issue, not sure I've seen where it affects the outcome of war.

I think the average clasher wouldn't be very efficient with it anyways like upgrading a few useless troops or throwing down some bad defenses.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; April 12th, 2018 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VeeBirds View Post
    It's however a big advantage to """next level engineers""", who can leave lv1 troops for war search but have max troops in the attack (assuming offense weight is actually a big enough factor).

IMO engineering or not, power potion shouldn't be useable in war period. Even a newly upgraded TH (not engineered) or a very rushed base can spam maxed TH troops. It's just not a good idea to have such thing in a competitive scenario.

And yes to the poster above, it's true while for my clan is really a non issue I see the problems with it
    Agree power potions should not be useable in war. This opens up a whole new type of engineered base. Rushed TH, lab and barracks can have max troops for war attacks.

The power potion can change this value to give an advantage to one team over another. That is why, imo, a power potion can skew war results in one direction.
    But both team can use that right? I think it's already fair enough. If your opponent used power potion against you, you can use that either.

Also Power Potion is not easy to get, in every CG you only get once and if they appeared at Trader it will be for ridiculous amount of gem just for
    A SINGLE potion and i doubt every player want to buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by DestroyerHeroine View Post
    But both team can use that right? I think it's already fair enough. If your opponent used power potion against you, you can use that either.

Also Power Potion is not easy to get, in every CG you only get once and if they appeared at Trader it will be for ridiculous amount of gem just for
    A SINGLE potion and i doubt every player want to buy that.
    i have seen engineered th11 bases with 5k DE grab and have max heros, 300 gems is $3.00, i spend more then that on a coffee and a muffin every morning.
    Level: 246 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

I've already done with my 8 mini accounts on TH11/LAB9 , only maxed ba/arch for looting, unlock troops until MINER and all lv1 only, no DE troops with 230~260 Camps space ,no heroes, or no GW ...
    In each wars, I can use 2 Power Potions for 4 wars (8 mini accounts), then next clan games they will get next reward, balance in stock. In fact, I alway have 5/5 in castle, it's a balance sheet.

What can we do ?
    1. Very easy to 2* any maxed th11, very detail scout through DragonBall attack and safely to get 2* 60%.
    (I know 2* 60% is not enough for current offense power, but this is hit by a junk base! it's worth)
    2. Very easy to 3* any <75K bases by max Dragon+Light or Miner5 spam. Our Big TH10 can only focus on their big TH10.
    3. Make some max TH9s directly upgrade to TH11 but don't drop GW and dont unlock BOWLER, even keep 220 spaces is the best for war!
    Last edited by frainlll; April 13th, 2018 at 02:03 AM.

i have seen engineered th11 bases with 5k DE grab and have max heros, 300 gems is $3.00, i spend more then that on a coffee and a muffin every morning.
    That's your choice, but not everybody shares the same cup with you, there are a lot of player who doesn't even pay a dollar for gems.

Not everybody want to gems their heroes from 1 to 50 and spend crazy amount of gem (vast majority of player)