Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will going to TH11 effect our wars?

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    I'm not sure how you can hold those two things in your head at the same time. Again its not a big deal, pretty much everyone engineers to some extent, this is pretty minor compared to various other forms of engineering.
    Well, its not engineering at all in anyway. Because I wouldnt care if I was matched with other low TH10s with lv12 walls, I just dont want the fact that I am going to TH11 to put us against TH11s with eagles etc, which would not be fair. So no, I am not trying to engineer and what I am asking is a completely different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    Hi Liam,

If you upgrade ANY offence, you will be increasing the chances of pulling a TH11. I know you have repeated a number of times that you won't do any DEFENCE upgrades - just walls. But, if you upgrade anything else (camps, spell factory, laboratory, troops, or Heroes over lvl 40) - then you are making it more likely to get a TH11 opponent.

In direct answer to your question - no, Town Hall level has no impact on matchmaking. But, the level of both defence and offence is taken into account.

As a caveat, all answers in this thread are given based on the best guesswork and limited information available to us.

Congrats on finishing your walls so early also! I'm assuming from this, you are an extremely active raider, and have your builders working full time on defence upgrades (keeping one back for walls, and your lab constantly working also)
    Just be aware - as you get close to maxed TH10, you may well start to pull in TH11 enemies anyway.

Good luck!
    Okay thanks for the reply :-) Yes I am not sure how it was so hard for me to get across that I am a new TH10 with new TH10 defences and would just want lv12 walls, everyone seemed to picture it like I was a max TH10 and these walls were going to push my weight over the limit in to TH11 territory.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    In direct answer to your question - no, Town Hall level has no impact on matchmaking.
    I think TH does impact matchmaking. That's what I see in my matches, and that's what Darian said in the last AMA -
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Trap-Show-QNA (Quite a ways down)

Darian: ...We try to match THs vs THs.

For all that we obsess about small scraps of info from SC, this bit seems to be ignored.
    Level 10 Adult War Clan METAMUCIL.
    And some of us are old enough that its not just a funny word...
    Metamucil keeps the red out of our logs. Small wars, lot of green.
    War Record - https://cocp.it/clan/82GJJV2J

I remember him saying that but I didn't fully take in what that could mean.

We have been seeing much better matches lately but we did get a TH10 vs out 9s and 8s this time. It's troops are pretty weak though, if it doesn't get power potion. Since their number 1 attacked our number 2, I don't think it will get it.

It's weight is 66. It's that high mostly due to it's max teslas.

I've been wondering too if they are matching TH a little bit now. This statement does seem to point further to that. I mean, beyond what I was thinking. It's not a perfect matching as we do still see TH6s getting in to a lot of our 9 and 8s only wars. They end up with an extra Th9 in the process usually.

We've hit that possibly magic 5 win war streak but more important we've not lost a war out of 23. So, I expect to get hard wars and we are.

Again, I think they may be taking TH level into account and that statement flat out says they are. Yep, the possible significance of it slipped past me.

I think TH does impact matchmaking. That's what I see in my matches, and that's what Darian said in the last AMA -

For all that we obsess about small scraps of info from SC, this bit seems to be ignored.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by LiamTheEngineer View Post
    Okay thanks for the reply :-) Yes I am not sure how it was so hard for me to get across that I am a new TH10 with new TH10 defences and would just want lv12 walls, everyone seemed to picture it like I was a max TH10 and these walls were going to push my weight over the limit in to TH11 territory.
    I did miss that, I think everyone assumed walls are done last since that's the standard progression. If they're all red, I guess its finally time to drop infernos.

I don't think we should necessarily take this statement as pure face value. As you know, from the summer of 2017 onwards, probably the biggest complaints in the community was one of TH11 disparity issues.
    It seemed strange to many of us that Darian started his 'Gathering New info' thread (sticky) in October, to help him supply evidence to the Devs of the kind of matches that provoked such criticism. Many us of, myself included, assumed that the Dev team would have easy access to this info....
    Adding Warden offensive weight has helped, but certainly the volume of TH11 disparity complaints has certainly receded in recent months.

So, is this really a TH v TH development, or, for example SC paying more attention to key TH11 war troops/lab levels etc?
    I don't know for sure, but my money is on the latter!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 12 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: mid TH11, 48/43/17

I am sure with that, because I count see the trend from my clan match result.
    We have much more EA, 50/50/20 heroes, they have much more GW but lower level.
    Because we have lots of TH11 junk bases (<40K and no offense).

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    So, is this really a TH v TH development, or, for example SC paying more attention to key TH11 war troops/lab levels etc?
    I don't know for sure, but my money is on the latter!
    I think its TH or lab based, which is the same thing for 99.9% of clashers. And I doubt its specific to TH11, that's of course the obsession of us types that hang around the forum but we're a poor representation of clash at large.