Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will going to TH11 effect our wars?

Will going to TH11 effect our wars?

I have posted this here before but I only got one reply and I'm not sure he really understood the question.

I am nearing on max walls for TH10 and I want to go to TH11 to get started on my TH11 walls (so a lot of elixir and gold doesnt go to waste). I will not get any extra defences until my TH10 defences are maxed (I'm near max heroes and troops anyway). We usually do 10v10 wars (at the moment), consisting of 2 TH10s (1 of which is me), 4 TH9s 4 TH7-8s (max).

My question is, would purely gaining a TH11 in war (me, eventhough the only thing TH11 about my base would be walls and the TH), effect our matches and pin us against harder or engineered clans?

Please let me know as I am thinking of going to TH11 at the end of these clan games.

Many thanks,
    E

If your TH10 is maxed and you upgrade walls at TH11 your war weight will be that of a TH11. You clan pulling in a TH11 with higher number and level of troops goes up a bit.

You already have that problem to some extent if you are a max TH10.

The match maker doesn't match base by base but over all weight of the clan.

To me, if you're a max TH anything, you should go to the next TH if you want to war. I don't max any base until I am ready to go to the next level. I have a TH10 that is close to max but I will not max all three xbows, only 1 is maxed. I will not max all of the mortars, only 2 are maxed.

I don't wan to increase the chance of pulling in a TH11 and if I max it that is more likely.

I hope that helps.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

You may get some answers on a thread below this
    Clashing at Adult Empire

A heavy 10 already has a chance of pulling an 11. Add to your 10, even a little, and you increase that chance. Nobody can tell you exactly how much but I'm guessing it would be bad - bad enough that I benched someone that insisted on trying it. Just don't monkey around with drawing an eagle, if you're planning on asking someone else to deal with it when it arrives.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamTheEngineer View Post
    I have posted this here before but I only got one reply and I'm not sure he really understood the question.

I am nearing on max walls for TH10 and I want to go to TH11 to get started on my TH11 walls (so a lot of elixir and gold doesnt go to waste). I will not get any extra defences until my TH10 defences are maxed (I'm near max heroes and troops anyway). We usually do 10v10 wars (at the moment), consisting of 2 TH10s (1 of which is me), 4 TH9s 4 TH7-8s (max).

My question is, would purely gaining a TH11 in war (me, eventhough the only thing TH11 about my base would be walls and the TH), effect our matches and pin us against harder or engineered clans?

Please let me know as I am thinking of going to TH11 at the end of these clan games.

Many thanks,
    E
    You have been given solid answers but I highlighted the red part to ask you if you really think that you could avoid the temptation of not doing any additional items? So you will only upgrade the existing 225 TH10 walls and not add the 25 that you get at TH11?

I get the part of not wanting to give up resources, which I do every day on my three max TH9's, but I have to keep my roster balanced and when I replace one of those with a 9.5, our matchups became disadvantageous. As you know, changing the roster can bring unitended consequences....

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    You have been given solid answers but I highlighted the red part to ask you if you really think that you could avoid the temptation of not doing any additional items? So you will only upgrade the existing 225 TH10 walls and not add the 25 that you get at TH11?

I get the part of not wanting to give up resources, which I do every day on my three max TH9's, but I have to keep my roster balanced and when I replace one of those with a 9.5, our matchups became disadvantageous. As you know, changing the roster can bring unitended consequences....

Good luck!

Correct, I would ONLY add to the walls, and my infernos are still level 1, my xbows lv3, ATs 11, cannons 11. So my war weight isnt that close to max TH10, but I have 35/35 heroes, basically max walls and all war troops are maxed

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    A heavy 10 already has a chance of pulling an 11. Add to your 10, even a little, and you increase that chance. Nobody can tell you exactly how much but I'm guessing it would be bad - bad enough that I benched someone that insisted on trying it. Just don't monkey around with drawing an eagle, if you're planning on asking someone else to deal with it when it arrives.
    I would ONLY be upgrading walls though, and right now my infernos are only lv1, xbows lv 3, ATs 11 and cannons 11, so im far from max defences but maxed all war troops and 35/35 heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    If your TH10 is maxed and you upgrade walls at TH11 your war weight will be that of a TH11. You clan pulling in a TH11 with higher number and level of troops goes up a bit.

You already have that problem to some extent if you are a max TH10.

The match maker doesn't match base by base but over all weight of the clan.

To me, if you're a max TH anything, you should go to the next TH if you want to war. I don't max any base until I am ready to go to the next level. I have a TH10 that is close to max but I will not max all three xbows, only 1 is maxed. I will not max all of the mortars, only 2 are maxed.

I don't wan to increase the chance of pulling in a TH11 and if I max it that is more likely.

I hope that helps.
    As I replied to the others though, my TH10 defences arent maxed, I still only have lv1 infernos, lv3 xbows, lv 11 ATs, lv11 cannons, I just want to go to Th11 purely to work on the new wall levels (Not grab the extra 25)

I guess what I am really wondering is, will the fact that my base is simply a TH11 (even if I didn't touch ANYTHING else), attract more TH11 match ups? Or is TH not considered at all?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamTheEngineer View Post
    Correct, I would ONLY add to the walls, and my infernos are still level 1, my xbows lv3, ATs 11, cannons 11. So my war weight isnt that close to max TH10, but I have 35/35 heroes, basically max walls and all war troops are maxed
    Well, upgrading just your original walls will have some impact but I'd suspect that it will be minimal given the relatively low weight of your base. Would it be the only TH11 in your roster?