Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will going to TH11 effect our wars?

If you have no other TH11s obviously it's more of a risk, but on the whole what you are doing doesn't seem to hurt much. We have 1 or 2 doing similar things - one of them doing exactly that: he finished walls before heroes so went TH11 and just did some walls. It didn't seem to do us much harm. In fact, if anything, my worry is that it's uprgading a little too sensibly under the current MM.
    For info on CWL see: Clan Leader CWL survival guide
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

We don't really know but probably not.

Many of us that are anti-engineers have asked for a minimum weight be added to THs. SC has strongly resisted this idea. The TH itself adds nothing.

If I saw a TH11 in our opponents map that was a TH9 in every way except that the TH looked different, I would have ZERO concern about it and treat it as a TH9. Unless it has power potion. I don't think I will ever understand why SC created that and allowed it to be used in war.

Could SC be giving some relevance to the TH level without telling us? Yes, they could and if they are, they'll never tell us. it doesn't look like it but until our current war, the last 20 or so have been very closely matched except they usually bring a trash base at the bottom of the map and sneak in an extra nine.

Right now, we are in a war and it's prep day. They have a weak TH10 and we have only TH9s and 8s. However, all it's troops are unlocked. A power potion should make it impossible for us to win but I suspect we'll get the tie.

Power potion will give you a huge and unfair advantage. Why do I say unfair? The MM matches offensive and defensive weight. Power potion destroys those calculations. Makes them useless. That TH10 with power potion will very likely kill any of our 9s. Without it, it will struggle against a TH8.

We have not lost a war in the last 23 and probably will not lose this one but power potion would help them defeat us if we don't have a perfect war. Would be a hard loss to swallow.

Is that what you're trying to do, keep everything the same, unlock troops and use power potion? Hmm that clone spell might be a big advantage with power potion. I guess it's smart if you don't mind winning that way. I would quit first and the advantage is going to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamTheEngineer View Post
    I guess what I am really wondering is, will the fact that my base is simply a TH11 (even if I didn't touch ANYTHING else), attract more TH11 match ups? Or is TH not considered at all?

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    Well, upgrading just your original walls will have some impact but I'd suspect that it will be minimal given the relatively low weight of your base. Would it be the only TH11 in your roster?

Yes, would be the only TH11, atm we war 3xTH10s, 4 TH9s, 2 x TH8, 1 x TH7

Quote Originally Posted by StormHeart View Post
    We don't really know but probably not.

Many of us that are anti-engineers have asked for a minimum weight be added to THs. SC has strongly resisted this idea. The TH itself adds nothing.

If I saw a TH11 in our opponents map that was a TH9 in every way except that the TH looked different, I would have ZERO concern about it and treat it as a TH9. Unless it has power potion. I don't think I will ever understand why SC created that and allowed it to be used in war.

Could SC be giving some relevance to the TH level without telling us? Yes, they could and if they are, they'll never tell us. it doesn't look like it but until our current war, the last 20 or so have been very closely matched except they usually bring a trash base at the bottom of the map and sneak in an extra nine.

Right now, we are in a war and it's prep day. They have a weak TH10 and we have only TH9s and 8s. However, all it's troops are unlocked. A power potion should make it impossible for us to win but I suspect we'll get the tie.

Power potion will give you a huge and unfair advantage. Why do I say unfair? The MM matches offensive and defensive weight. Power potion destroys those calculations. Makes them useless. That TH10 with power potion will very likely kill any of our 9s. Without it, it will struggle against a TH8.

We have not lost a war in the last 23 and probably will not lose this one but power potion would help them defeat us if we don't have a perfect war. Would be a hard loss to swallow.

Is that what you're trying to do, keep everything the same, unlock troops and use power potion? Hmm that clone spell might be a big advantage with power potion. I guess it's smart if you don't mind winning that way. I would quit first and the advantage is going to go away.
    No I don't want to Engineer, we are a max base clan. I would literally ONLY do my walls, until I had finished maxing out all my TH10 defences and troops.

and I agree about the power potion thing... We had this happen to us this war we just finished, luckily it was a clan that used govape, so wasnt a big issue. Maybe they should add the additional weight to the lab level, not the TH, or get rid of power potion altogether, since its a pretty stupid potion and if anything encourages engineered bases.

I guess what I am really wondering is, will the fact that my base is simply a TH11 (even if I didn't touch ANYTHING else), attract more TH11 match ups? Or is TH not considered at all?
    Nobody can answer that for sure outside of SC. But I think there's a big risk that it will.
    My clan runs heavy 10s, a bunch of 9.11s, and a bunch of 9s. One 9.11 is lopsided (th11 offense weight, th10 defense) and the rest have th10 weights. But our matches involve TH11 parity very often. I can't imagine weights being the only input into the MM anymore.
    I'm thinking there's loose TH matching as well. Other explanations could be complete scrapping of the offense weight component, replaced with TH or Lab level (makes some sense after PCP was added) as the offense input.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

No I don't want to Engineer, we are a max base clan. I would literally ONLY do my walls, until I had finished maxing out all my TH10 defences and troops.
    It's not a big deal, and I can't fault you for it in any way given that I engineer heavily, but pause for a second to think about this. You want to add to your defenses, but only if it doesn't effect the matching? That'd be just a bit of engineering.
    It's always the closet engineers that are the most bitter. Trying to maintain a righteous pose while doing exactly what they claim to hate, lashing out at anyone that points out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    It's not a big deal, and I can't fault you for it in any way given that I engineer heavily, but pause for a second to think about this. You want to add to your defenses, but only if it doesn't effect the matching? That'd be just a bit of engineering.
    Im not asking for it to not effect match making, Im wanting it to not attract TH11s, since we are no where near TH11s in either offence or defence yet.

And I don't want to engineer at all, all I want is for my gold and elixir to be put to use instead of being wasted.

Im not asking for it to not effect match making, Im wanting it to not attract TH11...
    I'm not sure how you can hold those two things in your head at the same time. Again its not a big deal, pretty much everyone engineers to some extent, this is pretty minor compared to various other forms of engineering.

Banned
    Yes, would be the only TH11, atm we war 3xTH10s, 4 TH9s, 2 x TH8, 1 x TH7
    From a WW standpoint, I think the effect will be minimal but from a lane matching standpoint, Tank has given the you the best answer...

Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Nobody can answer that for sure outside of SC. But I think there's a big risk that it will.

Hi Liam,

If you upgrade ANY offence, you will be increasing the chances of pulling a TH11. I know you have repeated a number of times that you won't do any DEFENCE upgrades - just walls. But, if you upgrade anything else (camps, spell factory, laboratory, troops, or Heroes over lvl 40) - then you are making it more likely to get a TH11 opponent.

In direct answer to your question - no, Town Hall level has no impact on matchmaking. But, the level of both defence and offence is taken into account.

As a caveat, all answers in this thread are given based on the best guesswork and limited information available to us.

Congrats on finishing your walls so early also! I'm assuming from this, you are an extremely active raider, and have your builders working full time on defence upgrades (keeping one back for walls, and your lab constantly working also)
    Just be aware - as you get close to maxed TH10, you may well start to pull in TH11 enemies anyway.

Good luck!