Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4 years and I've never been more bored with CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfinch30 View Post
    Agree. The bowler meta bores me to tears.

Half excited about s3 of NDL starting soon, but thatís heavily tempered by the fact that Iíll mostly see, and be using, some form of bowler witch spam every attack.

The good base designs there will make other options so unlikely to succeed that just chancing arm on the spam will likely be the best result.
    Which is sad.
    My last war I managed to triple x2 109K TH11s using the bowler/witch/healer combo which in all fairness didn't go exactly to plan but both ended up successful.

I would imagine the enemy felt like they got mugged on both occasions, if you take enough healers and you get a little luck it's too powerful against max Th11s in the current meta.

Like I said in chat: if you can't be good, be lucky!

BT

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfinch30 View Post
    Agree. The bowler meta bores me to tears.

Half excited about s3 of NDL starting soon, but thatís heavily tempered by the fact that Iíll mostly see, and be using, some form of bowler witch spam every attack.

The good base designs there will make other options so unlikely to succeed that just chancing arm on the spam will likely be the best result.
    Which is sad.
    I simply can't get excited about leagues anymore. I used to partake, follow, and watch them both religiously but stopped a while back. CWL is just a dipping contest filled with drama, and NDL has a great format, but with the current meta it is boringly predictable on who gets the luckiest 3* with a few bowitch. On top of that it is my opinion TH9 should have no place in league wars anymore. TH9 has been the new TH8 for aaaaaages now, and yet such a large % of the rosters are TH9? No thanks.

Glad I'm not the only one who hates the current (well, by current I mean the last 6-8 months minimum) meta.

On the bright side I should be thankful in a way as I gave up leadership and quit CoC with all but my main account which no longer wars. Finally the kick in the pants I needed to give up CoC nearly 100%.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocloon View Post
    I simply can't get excited about leagues anymore. I used to partake, follow, and watch them both religiously but stopped a while back. CWL is just a dipping contest filled with drama, and NDL has a great format, but with the current meta it is boringly predictable on who gets the luckiest 3* with a few bowitch. On top of that it is my opinion TH9 should have no place in league wars anymore. TH9 has been the new TH8 for aaaaaages now, and yet such a large % of the rosters are TH9? No thanks.

Glad I'm not the only one who hates the current (well, by current I mean the last 6-8 months minimum) meta.

On the bright side I should be thankful in a way as I gave up leadership and quit CoC with all but my main account which no longer wars. Finally the kick in the pants I needed to give up CoC nearly 100%.
    I ask this onlyout of curiosity. If th12 were released with the same basic stuff we get every new th level (new troops/levels, new offensive and defensive buildings/levels, etc.), would that be enough to bring you back full throttle?

All they need to do for Th12 is force you to be a max def TH11 before you can upgrade, then add a new defence that is so OP that you need a new offence (hero or troop that is 40 camp space maybe?) that can counter it.

This is should make things fun at the top end without affecting the THs below and should at least limit the amount of engineering.

BT

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdome757 View Post
    I ask this onlyout of curiosity. If th12 were released with the same basic stuff we get every new th level (new troops/levels, new offensive and defensive buildings/levels, etc.), would that be enough to bring you back full throttle?
    Nope. I'll word this like I did another post a few days back.

I think it is both shocking and most of all embarrassing that SC has not released any new permanent troops or spells for nearly 2 years. That is just absurd for any game, let alone a game with CoC's popularity. More than 2 years now we have just been grinding the same boring levels on existing content. That finally just really soaked in this last week and actually made me laugh just how bad it was and made my decision to quit that much easier.

Wars are similar. Besides FW and a few tweaks here and there to "tools" and preparation, what has changed in war? War is stale after 4 years (to me). The same repetitive cycle with zero changes to keep it fresh.

So no. If TH12 gets released with same old same old I'll not be coming back. In fact, I think regardless of how many Ferrari's they promise to park in my garage I'll not be coming back. They sat on their hands long enough imo and that was enough for me to finally realise this is no longer the game for me.

But hey, at least we have builder hall base right? ... .. . Right...?

Long term player here, well before CW from 2012. Since around late 2014 CW was really the only thing that kept me logging into the game, nothing else has (and still doesn't) matter to me in game. I've played in both major leagues, lead various clans of various TH spreads and skills, and ranged from 5vs5 to 50vs50.

The problem is now (for me personally, not claiming to speak for anyone else besides maybe a handful of my clannies) I've never been so bored of war. This feeling has been growing for a few months now, but after the last few wars it kind of just hit me in a big wave and after tomorrow's war finishes, I will be going red for the first time in 4 years. (I always warred with heroes down, or gemmed the time.) After competing (often times with a few accounts) well over 690 wars I just have no love for where the state of random spin wars are anymore.

Since I don't intend this to be primarily a whine thread, I'll simply say that the MM and it's inability to provide even half decent matches consistently (mostly due to inability to properly deal with engineering for 2 years, but also just plain old bad MM at times) is a primary factor for me. But the last few months the biggest issue is just how incredibly boring the offensive bowitch/healer/AQ walk meta is. I realise not everyone succumbs to this, but 95% of clans we face only use this from TH10+ and most of our folks do to (I'm a hog user myself, but realise it is riskier). Watching the same attacks over and over... and over is just a yawn fest. With SC constantly tweaking troops to keep balances in reasonable check (or just Uber nerfing those pesky bugs like with miners lol) why has the bowler, the most constantly used war troop I've seen in 2 years not been properly balanced during those years? Defence has lost all meaning in the game in my view.

So yeah. After four years I'm signing off from war, which tbh probably will mean the game in general as all I have is 72 walls left anyways and then what? Clouding, er, I mean pushing? No thanks. Maybe one day SC will actually stop with the years of lip service and properly fix random spin wars, maybe not. Until then, sadly they finally drove one very addicted long term player out.
    I feel sort of the same way with war on my max Th11, but my TH8 mini account in my friend's clan is a lot of fun. Being able to go back and do lower level wars has revived that sense of just loving war.
    Forum BB Code
    HTML Code
    Direct Link

Make A Wish
    Nope. I'll word this like I did another post a few days back.

I think it is both shocking and most of all embarrassing that SC has not released any new permanent troops or spells for nearly 2 years. That is just absurd for any game, let alone a game with CoC's popularity. More than 2 years now we have just been grinding the same boring levels on existing content. That finally just really soaked in this last week and actually made me laugh just how bad it was and made my decision to quit that much easier.

Wars are similar. Besides FW and a few tweaks here and there to "tools" and preparation, what has changed in war? War is stale after 4 years (to me). The same repetitive cycle with zero changes to keep it fresh.

So no. If TH12 gets released with same old same old I'll not be coming back. In fact, I think regardless of how many Ferrari's they promise to park in my garage I'll not be coming back. They sat on their hands long enough imo and that was enough for me to finally realise this is no longer the game for me.

But hey, at least we have builder hall base right? ... .. . Right...?
    Sounds like you get more enjoyment out of the forums than the game. Definitely time to find a new pastime. All good things come to an end. I'm working my way through th10. Eventually I'll reach whatever is max. When i do, I'll not put my collectors out and make people work to raid my dead base.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Sounds like you get more enjoyment out of the forums than the game. Definitely time to find a new pastime. All good things come to an end. I'm working my way through th10. Eventually I'll reach whatever is max. When i do, I'll not put my collectors out and make people work to raid my dead base.
    Forum has been more fun than the game for a long time. I find it more enjoyable trying to work out how the game is played, rather than the actual playing. Life is for living and learning. Everyone has their own idea of fun. For me, my downtime is spent on COC, trying to work out what does and doesn't work thru participation, rather than for participation.
    Is still nice to be doing something different to your working life. So trying to crack how to optimise the game, to allow the kids in our clan to enjoy wins, is my fun... Oh wait.. I do projects at work, trying to optimise our process, so the guys can enjoy the benefits of an easier working experience... Guess I am just sad lol.