Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4 years and I've never been more bored with CW.

Centennial Club

4 years and I've never been more bored with CW.

Long term player here, well before CW from 2012. Since around late 2014 CW was really the only thing that kept me logging into the game, nothing else has (and still doesn't) matter to me in game. I've played in both major leagues, lead various clans of various TH spreads and skills, and ranged from 5vs5 to 50vs50.

The problem is now (for me personally, not claiming to speak for anyone else besides maybe a handful of my clannies) I've never been so bored of war. This feeling has been growing for a few months now, but after the last few wars it kind of just hit me in a big wave and after tomorrow's war finishes, I will be going red for the first time in 4 years. (I always warred with heroes down, or gemmed the time.) After competing (often times with a few accounts) well over 690 wars I just have no love for where the state of random spin wars are anymore.

Since I don't intend this to be primarily a whine thread, I'll simply say that the MM and it's inability to provide even half decent matches consistently (mostly due to inability to properly deal with engineering for 2 years, but also just plain old bad MM at times) is a primary factor for me. But the last few months the biggest issue is just how incredibly boring the offensive bowitch/healer/AQ walk meta is. I realise not everyone succumbs to this, but 95% of clans we face only use this from TH10+ and most of our folks do to (I'm a hog user myself, but realise it is riskier). Watching the same attacks over and over... and over is just a yawn fest. With SC constantly tweaking troops to keep balances in reasonable check (or just Uber nerfing those pesky bugs like with miners lol) why has the bowler, the most constantly used war troop I've seen in 2 years not been properly balanced during those years? Defence has lost all meaning in the game in my view.

So yeah. After four years I'm signing off from war, which tbh probably will mean the game in general as all I have is 72 walls left anyways and then what? Clouding, er, I mean pushing? No thanks. Maybe one day SC will actually stop with the years of lip service and properly fix random spin wars, maybe not. Until then, sadly they finally drove one very addicted long term player out.
    Last edited by cocloon; 1 Week Ago at 05:59 AM. Reason: Added stuff, deleted stuff. Edits.

It sounds like the past 4 years of clash has been very miserable for you. Best of luck in your new adventures.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    It sounds like the past 4 years of clash has been very miserable for you. Best of luck in your new adventures.
    I'm not sure where you get that from. I'm guessing you just replied after only reading the thread title or something. Nowhere in my post did I even hint that CoC was "very miserable for me". As a grown person I wouldn't waste my time on something that indeed makes me feel that way.

Have random spin wars been less enjoyable for me since the plague of engineers started a few years back? Absolutely. Have the last two months for me in random spin wars been a yawn and repetitive bore? Again, yes. Which is why I worded my original post in exactly that manner.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Why would a teenage Clasher use the forum? They already know everything....
    I read the post with interest as I tend to war a little half heartedly now although I still enjoy it. I gave it some thought as to why I feel that way as it could simply be how long we’ve been banging that drum to be honest. I would probably say it is a combination of factors. I’d love to see some variety in how war works, the way it is conducted and YES the set up of the armies being varied would help. Engineering is NOT a factor anymore for me. The MM is much better,although will never be totally perfect, and I can’t use that as an excuse for my own attacks being a little under planned and often not even logging on at the death to see if we win.
    What I would say is Supercell are not a gang that bury their head in the sand, or they wouldn’t be here still. They don’t assume we will all just keep coming back. As has been said already 2018 will see some changes I’m personally excited about and I really hope they ignite all of your passion for the game again. In the words of one of the greatest singers of the 20th Century...’Dont give up on us baby.’

OP, I have been playing about as long as you and I have simply gone through a few periods where I get bored with the game. Taking time off and coming back has helped me but as a person who has been a maxer and engineer (roster / base), I have to say that the matchups that I see are more fair to the most desired segment of the player base - balanced - than they have been in years. That seems reasonable but if it bores you then maybe it's time for a break or a new challenge...

Either way, good luck!
    Last edited by Denton; 1 Week Ago at 08:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnaf View Post
    If it was created as a stand alone app to download, I suspect players would have been removing it from their devices at almost the same clip that it was being installed. By tying it to the already heavily invested players' main village- this gives it legs, staying power that it might not have otherwise enjoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TankSinatra View Post
    Wait for the novelty of CandyClash to wear off.

All things being equal, I would suggest that SC have at least listened to Engineering complaints and in particular TH11 disparity, and judging by the community feedback, we are in better shape than previously.

I get your frustrations about Bowitch. As a relatively new TH11 myself, the first troops I upgraded were Bowler, Healer, Witch.
    I don't dare use Hogs on my versus TH11 attacks, so I'm probably as guilty as anybody.

That being said I never once 3 starred a max defence TH10 base, when I was a TH10, so I'm probably of average skill at best.
    There is an apathy within the game regarding new troops/spells. The last new goodies were introduced in May 2016, that's nearly 2 years ago.
    As far as I'm aware there will be 'new stuff' soon, but I have no idea what... but I do sympathise with you! Good luck!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 11 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 44/42/12

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    I read the post with interest as I tend to war a little half heartedly now although I still enjoy it. I gave it some thought as to why I feel that way as it could simply be how long we’ve been banging that drum to be honest. I would probably say it is a combination of factors. I’d love to see some variety in how war works, the way it is conducted and YES the set up of the armies being varied would help. Engineering is NOT a factor anymore for me. The MM is much better,although will never be totally perfect, and I can’t use that as an excuse for my own attacks being a little under planned and often not even logging on at the death to see if we win.
    What I would say is Supercell are not a gang that bury their head in the sand, or they wouldn’t be here still. They don’t assume we will all just keep coming back. As has been said already 2018 will see some changes I’m personally excited about and I really hope they ignite all of your passion for the game again. In the words of one of the greatest singers of the 20th Century...’Dont give up on us baby.’
    I don't believe they do have their head in the sand. However I do believe SC horrendous lack of communication with their player base (since 2012) combined with not stopping engineering at the start, as well as outright encouraging it with head scratching "balancing changes" the past few years is enough proof for people that SC dropped the ball bad on this topic. I never for a second expected the MM to be perfect with all the variables they must have to consider. Even with that being said it went from dating your sister type bad, to dating your cousin type bad. And regardless of how good looking my cousin is, it's still just bad.

As for that song. I fully admit I had to google it, and even so I still am not familiar with the singer. I'm more of a movie person lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
    OP, I have been playing about as long as you and I have simply gone through a few periods where I get bored with the game. Taking time off and coming back has helped me but as a person who has been a maxer and engineer (roster / base), I have to say that the matchups that I see are more fair to the most desired segment of the player base - balanced - than they have been in years. That seems reasonable but if it bores you then maybe it's time for a break or a new challenge...

Either way, good luck!
    I have never taken a break in my 5.5 years of CoC, so perhaps it would be what the doctor ordered. I guess we will see. As for the comment about matches being slightly better, I agree, but as I stated above I still think it is nothing to write home about.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    All things being equal, I would suggest that SC have at least listened to Engineering complaints and in particular TH11 disparity, and judging by the community feedback, we are in better shape than previously.

I get your frustrations about Bowitch. As a relatively new TH11 myself, the first troops I upgraded were Bowler, Healer, Witch.
    I don't dare use Hogs on my versus TH11 attacks, so I'm probably as guilty as anybody.

That being said I never once 3 starred a max defence TH10 base, when I was a TH10, so I'm probably of average skill at best.
    There is an apathy within the game regarding new troops/spells. The last new goodies were introduced in May 2016, that's nearly 2 years ago.
    As far as I'm aware there will be 'new stuff' soon, but I have no idea what... but I do sympathise with you! Good luck!
    I also have a max TH10 and I've probably only got a handful of 3* out of hundreds of attacks on good bases. TH10 sucks in that regards, it has for years.

As for new troops/spells etc... The most fun I've had by far these last few years have been with temp troops/spells. Even though freeze and shrink spells were game breakingly OP, I still had a riot with them for that week. Same goes for barb rams, giant skelly and the frost bosses. The fact that in 2 years CoC has seen ZERO new troops or permanent spells is an absolute embarrassment imo.

I'm well aware that new goodies are promised. Sadly that does little good for the hordes who have already quit, and those who are soon thinking of joining them.
    Last edited by cocloon; 1 Week Ago at 09:14 AM.

I think the OP is an excellent post and pretty close to how Iím feeling at the minute. Iím part of 3 leaders in my clan (share it every couple months or so) and each take turns running it how we like ie. pick lineups for war, recruit, kick etc. So, I was a sort of engineer. I have a engineered th11, not massively, probably th9 defence and th10 troops with a warden (the power potion helps for war) I still personally feel eradicating engineering from clash was a negative, yes, for others it was rubbish getting matched in war with a fully engineered clan, but the engineered would probably be the most active people on clash, when the opposition were most likely casual players or rushers. My main account is a th11, fairly maxed troops with only my king left to max (currently 47) Iíve always ran that as a .5 account. As did a few others in the clan.

As .5ís when the major upheaval of MM happened, weíd be running th10/9 defence and facing max th11ís off and def. I had a moan, stopped playing clash for a few months then returned, adapted and started the quest away from .5 ran bases. So Iím currently max th10 defence now (with max AD and max teslas) but also max th11 offence. So, still a bit unbalanced, Iím on the road to becoming a maxed out th11. Eagle wil wait until other buildings are upgraded.

The reason Iím commenting on this thread is due to a really bad matchup weíre having. Iíve commented on the sticky and given details but weíve lost this war due to the matchup. Their top two bases were fully maxed th11ís then Number 3 was an engineered th11 with massive offence. Mix in with that a couple engineered accounts lower down, we didnít stand a chance.

One other thing, we 99% 2 starred their number 1 and 2 stared the other max 11. But a th9 has just grabbed a 2 star vs my th11, to grab the victory on percentage. As well as finding war slightly boring now, I think one of the reasons is itís too easy for lower bases to grab stars vs higher thís!

I think the war set up as a whole needs a massive shake up. Everything seems predictable now, need new troops to use, new defences to navigate. I know thereís something up SCís sleeve, but weíve been promised awesome updates for the last year or so and to be honest, Iíve been left disappointed.

Fingers crossed for something new soon...

Quote Originally Posted by cocloon View Post
    I'm not sure where you get that from. I'm guessing you just replied after only reading the thread title or something. Nowhere in my post did I even hint that CoC was "very miserable for me". As a grown person I wouldn't waste my time on something that indeed makes me feel that way.

Have random spin wars been less enjoyable for me since the plague of engineers started a few years back? Absolutely. Have the last two months for me in random spin wars been a yawn and repetitive bore? Again, yes. Which is why I worded my original post in exactly that manner.
    I didn't read anything in your post that showed signs of enlightenment. Still leaning towards the miserable end of the spectrum.

Matchmaking does have flaws and the balancing could be better. There are ways to overcome these things without quitting. Even without contributing to the problems.

Good post OP.

So many have felt the same way you do and have left or are in the process of leaving. Truly sad how many.....

I wen't over 3 years barely missing a war now I can count on one hand how many wars I've participated in the past 3-4 months. Don't get me wrong the developers have added a good bit of new and decent content but it's just a minor distraction from what really killed this game. Over the top engineering....

Someone somewhere on these boards called this game "Clash of Engineers". Which is basically what this game turned into. Shame cause this requires little gaming skill and had many lose interest fast.

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoTheGoat View Post
    I didn't read anything in your post that showed signs of enlightenment. Still leaning towards the miserable end of the spectrum.

Matchmaking does have flaws and the balancing could be better. There are ways to overcome these things without quitting. Even without contributing to the problems.
    Don't mind this guy. He/She just seems to be another bitter apologist that will jump on anyone that says something is off with the game. Denial perhaps? Who can say. But so many here just won't or can't acknowledge this game is not even remotely close to what it was. One of the best games ever developed!

Three years and modest chunk of $ this game got from me. Not a single regret and nothing but great memories before September of 2017. I've moved on for the most part. So many awesome games (new and old) out there that haven't sold out yet.