Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4 years and I've never been more bored with CW.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigA66 View Post
    I think the OP is an excellent post and pretty close to how I’m feeling at the minute. I’m part of 3 leaders in my clan (share it every couple months or so) and each take turns running it how we like ie. pick lineups for war, recruit, kick etc. So, I was a sort of engineer. I have a engineered th11, not massively, probably th9 defence and th10 troops with a warden (the power potion helps for war) I still personally feel eradicating engineering from clash was a negative, yes, for others it was rubbish getting matched in war with a fully engineered clan, but the engineered would probably be the most active people on clash, when the opposition were most likely casual players or rushers. My main account is a th11, fairly maxed troops with only my king left to max (currently 47) I’ve always ran that as a .5 account. As did a few others in the clan.

As .5’s when the major upheaval of MM happened, we’d be running th10/9 defence and facing max th11’s off and def. I had a moan, stopped playing clash for a few months then returned, adapted and started the quest away from .5 ran bases. So I’m currently max th10 defence now (with max AD and max teslas) but also max th11 offence. So, still a bit unbalanced, I’m on the road to becoming a maxed out th11. Eagle wil wait until other buildings are upgraded.

The reason I’m commenting on this thread is due to a really bad matchup we’re having. I’ve commented on the sticky and given details but we’ve lost this war due to the matchup. Their top two bases were fully maxed th11’s then Number 3 was an engineered th11 with massive offence. Mix in with that a couple engineered accounts lower down, we didn’t stand a chance.

One other thing, we 99% 2 starred their number 1 and 2 stared the other max 11. But a th9 has just grabbed a 2 star vs my th11, to grab the victory on percentage. As well as finding war slightly boring now, I think one of the reasons is it’s too easy for lower bases to grab stars vs higher th’s!

I think the war set up as a whole needs a massive shake up. Everything seems predictable now, need new troops to use, new defences to navigate. I know there’s something up SC’s sleeve, but we’ve been promised awesome updates for the last year or so and to be honest, I’ve been left disappointed.

Fingers crossed for something new soon...
    OP.. It happens mate. Kick back, and watch the others for a while. Either act as a feeder, or pure spectator. the hunger will return. Good luck.

Craig. You start off saying you "sort of"engineered, th9 def with th10 off.. plus a warden. That makes you a 9.11, not just a bit engineered, you had a powerhouse base., not a .5. No wonder you started match 11s with the MM shift, you are a TH11.
    Since you still engineer, how can you say matching is unfair, when you match others. I can understand you getting bored, as opposition is no longer rolling over. We all have to deal with that now.
    To top it off. Engineers are more active?.. I must have missed that poll. I have 15 accounts, so being inactive isn't an option, neither is having a life, sadly enough.

Have you thought about trying to join a clan that does league wars you where there are completely balanced war matchup and they all don't use strategies like bowitch that are super boring.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    OP.. It happens mate. Kick back, and watch the others for a while. Either act as a feeder, or pure spectator. the hunger will return. Good luck.

Craig. You start off saying you "sort of"engineered, th9 def with th10 off.. plus a warden. That makes you a 9.11, not just a bit engineered, you had a powerhouse base., not a .5. No wonder you started match 11s with the MM shift, you are a TH11.
    Since you still engineer, how can you say matching is unfair, when you match others. I can understand you getting bored, as opposition is no longer rolling over. We all have to deal with that now.
    To top it off. Engineers are more active?.. I must have missed that poll. I have 15 accounts, so being inactive isn't an option, neither is having a life, sadly enough.
    Sorry, what I was trying to say is Iíve steered away from engineering, starting to build defence as well as offence. My second account has zero th11 troops upgraded and still th10 army camps so still pulling th9ís or 10ís, like I say, trying to move away from the engineering.

Also, by being more active, I guess I meant more active than the clans we used to pull in war, rushers and generally poor clans, not necessarily vrs you and your 15 accounts, I mean Jesus, my Mrs gives me so much s*** for running two accounts...

Millennial Club
    Sorry, what I was trying to say is I’ve steered away from engineering, starting to build defence as well as offence. My second account has zero th11 troops upgraded and still th10 army camps so still pulling th9’s or 10’s, like I say, trying to move away from the engineering.

Also, by being more active, I guess I meant more active than the clans we used to pull in war, rushers and generally poor clans, not necessarily vrs you and your 15 accounts, I mean Jesus, my Mrs gives me so much s*** for running two accounts...
    Haha.. They get used to it mate. Was a time I had to hide and play. Now she just gave up on me.

Fresh Spawn
    I would be interested in seeing the # of unique players per day over the last few months. I would gamble it is going down. I feel the same as cocloon.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewwatson02 View Post
    Have you thought about trying to join a clan that does league wars you where there are completely balanced war matchup and they all don't use strategies like bowitch that are super boring.
    I have been in both CWL (which I don't like due to roster format) and NDL clans in the past. To be fair, in my last NDL clan the attacks were primarily bowitch and AQW dominated as well, but that was before the IT balance changes so perhaps it is different now. My heart is simply not in competitive leagues anymore and even though I met some outstanding community members, the atmosphere in both leagues was not my cup of tea. Plus, I'd never considering doing either league again until they stop using TH9 in the rosters.

Today upon hitting war search most of my clan were shocked that I was indeed opted out as most of them had never seen that before. I guess most thought I was joking when I mentioned it the last few days.

And on a side note, once again in our 30/30 war in which we have zero bases of engineered quality yet we are outmatched by 8 TH11 attacks (minimum 40/40/15, most 45/45/20+ though) with only a 1 EA advantage to show for it. At least this time I truly don't have to care about it!

I am in the same feeling as you OP. The only thing has me hanging onto the game the clan, I have built. That though is coming to an end at least from my end. Just hard to find the heart for this game right now.

New Bloke/Chick
    Sorry, what I was trying to say is I’ve steered away from engineering, starting to build defence as well as offence. My second account has zero th11 troops upgraded and still th10 army camps so still pulling th9’s or 10’s, like I say, trying to move away from the engineering.

"My second account has zero th11 troops upgraded and still th10 army camps so still pulling th9’s or 10’s"

The segregated quoted section above is the problem ranking bases on defensive capabilities versus total war weight. He feels like he is pulling in TH9's and TH10's based on his relative position in the war line up. Based on what I've been told on the forums - the war lineup position is based solely on defensive capabilities. Ranking bases on total war weight would let this clasher and many like him know exactly where he stands and what his base is actually pulling into the war. I also think it would discourage engineering bases because of the peer pressure. Instead of making .5 and engineered bases look like heroes everyone would know their real war weight.

Engineered players/clans always complain long time search and match up.
    Last edited by frainlll; April 14th, 2018 at 12:49 AM.

Agree. The bowler meta bores me to tears.

Half excited about s3 of NDL starting soon, but thatís heavily tempered by the fact that Iíll mostly see, and be using, some form of bowler witch spam every attack.

The good base designs there will make other options so unlikely to succeed that just chancing arm on the spam will likely be the best result.
    Which is sad.