Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not Engineering? Wars are a waste of time.

Centennial Club

Not Engineering? Wars are a waste of time.

So we are currently matched against some clan taking massive liberties with war weighting on bases. The other clan has managed to get 2 town hall 11 bases to count as either low th10 or th9 by simply not having inferno towers or an eagle artillery. The walls are almost max, as well as most of the defenses. Heroes are in the upper 30s. And the bases are far enough down that either our th9s have to try and deal with them or the th11s have to dip well below normal to try and clear them.

This kind of nonsense has gone on for way too long. Everyone (except the engineers) has complained and nothing at all has been done.

At a minimum, bases should be allowed to tinker with their own war weights by being allowed to omit defensive buildings in their war base setup. I purchased and upgraded my inferno towers when they actually blocked healing effects and actually had a significant impact on defense. Now? Not so much. But I am forced to include the towers or I am told that my base can't be used.

I'm really thinking that wars are broken as they are, right now.

What they need to do is to figure offensive troops into the war weight formula, and increase the weight of walls slightly......imo

Matchmaking is quite stable than it was before few months. If your lineup hasn't engineered account, it is very rare that matchmaking draws engineers against you.
    I am not saying it is 100% working, but in past few months we just matched up against engineered clan just once. And this was quite good, because before that we got engineered clan after every 2 or 3 wars.
    If you are constantly matching against engineered clan, that would be because of .5 bases in your lineup as .5 bases are counted as engineered accounts and they will draw the same as your enemy.
    That's why in my clan we removed all .5 bases and it's going quite smooth right now.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JONSNO View Post
    Matchmaking is quite stable than it was before few months. If your lineup hasn't engineered account, it is very rare that matchmaking draws engineers against you.
    I am not saying it is 100% working, but in past few months we just matched up against engineered clan just once. And this was quite good, because before that we got engineered clan after every 2 or 3 wars.
    If you are constantly matching against engineered clan, that would be because of .5 bases in your lineup as .5 bases are counted as engineered accounts and they will draw the same as your enemy.
    That's why in my clan we removed all .5 bases and it's going quite smooth right now.
    We run zero 0.5 bases, zero engineered bases, and we don't even run new bases (just got to TH10/11 etc), and we never run more than a 3 TH spread. Yet we constantly match engineered clans, or at the very least clans with 2-6 engineered bases, typically 9.11. sometimes they get hosed by the match, but more often than not they end up with a 4-8 TH11 attack advantage.

So I am glad you feel that at least in your clan following certain "rules" help with matches... but in my clan and others I know it still doesn't do much at all. I have all but given up anyways as engineering has went unchecked now for 2 years with only slight tweaks here and there. SC inability to once and for all just nuke the advantage engineers have astounds me.

On the other hand, most of the wars we do are just bowler/healer/witch spam anyways from TH10 up and they are boring anyways. Kind of sad that after four years war has never been more boring imo.

Your 0.5 bases are probably hurting and your spread. Across the board, matchmaking has improved. There are instances where clans like yours are still struggling. I believe you have a right to be upset. Supercell has not stated whether 0.5 bases are being penalized by the matchmaking system and it feels wholly irresponsible that they don't communicate with us on that front.

I feel your pain and hope things go in a better direction sooner than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    First it's a lack of content, now it's TOO much content?

Maxed TH11
    War Agency - Level 19 War Clan

We are having no problems at all with engineering but we have small wars to stop it.

We've not lost a war in our last 23 wars. Very few engineers and when we do see them it has been a liability for them.

Match making has become much better as long as you don't play games with the weighting too. If you do that, you will get engineered and likely out engineered.

Small war
    tight range of bases
    add all defense

If you're in a bigger clan and want to do large wars, I get that and you should be able too. I do think people are having more issues in larger wars. I'm pretty sure it's going to be fixed soon. I just hope I like the fix.

Signature Banner from ClashofHolmes
    Stormy Knights Leader
    Join Stormy Knights
    Player Tag: ​#20RRP9UQ8

New Bloke/Chick
    My clan has several engineered bases (defensless and .5) and the last time we matched against a clan without at least the same amount of engineered villages is literaly months ago, before the last matchmaking update came in. Matchmaking works pretty good now as it seems to also unterstand the difference between rushed and engineered. Before the updates on MM we mostly matched against rushed villages instead of real engineeres, who of course stood no chance against us, but right now MM for us works perfectly fine as it is always engineered clan vs engineered clan.

Centennial Club
    We just finished a 25v25 war. The highest TH10 was at position 8 on the map for opponent, their lowest TH10 was at 16. #15 Was a TH11 with max TH11 Royals / troops and max TH10 defenses but no infernos or Eagle. I have seen someone on this forum suggest this before (no idea who or when) but I like the idea of just basing war weights on OFFENSIVE capability only. From that point rush or engineer your heart out.
    The confusing thing rn is that the community hears engineering will be punished so you are reluctant to develop a base that way or allow people into a clan who have gone that route...but it often pays off for clans even though it has been being "addressed" for quiet some time now.
    Just to clarify, we have no rushed or engi bases and we won the war easily. That said our #6 had an 85% 2 star on their #3 but a 93% 2 star on their #15.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BentleyJ View Post
    We just finished a 25v25 war. The highest TH10 was at position 8 on the map for opponent, their lowest TH10 was at 16. #15 Was a TH11 with max TH11 Royals / troops and max TH10 defenses but no infernos or Eagle. I have seen someone on this forum suggest this before (no idea who or when) but I like the idea of just basing war weights on OFFENSIVE capability only. From that point rush or engineer your heart out.
    Oh, thatís what will happen, all right! Instead of seeing bases with maxed offense and light defense, youíll see bases with maxed defense and light offense. Youíll get a base with TH8 offense and TH11 defense to attack with your TH8 offense (because you are matching by offensive strength, as you suggest). How many stars do you expect youíll be getting? In the mean time, that TH8 offense will be attacking your TH8 defense, probably for 3 stars.
    Last edited by whp4; 1 Week Ago at 06:52 AM.

Centennial Club
    If TH8 king and queen and troops (which means basically no Royals) then a TH11 probably couldn't 2 star a TH9? I don't necessarily agree with you but I will accept that as a valid point and I would be curious to actually see how that would play out. You have any suggestions of your own for improving matchmaking?