Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not Engineering? Wars are a waste of time.

Banned
    If engineering has provided an advantage and a better experience for the last 2 plus years, why are you not engineering. If you want to compete in the various leagues, fine, that is a valid reason. Even if your goal is to get to max th11 wars, you are better off engineering/rushing to get there.

Engineering is/was a part of the game, why do you (not you personally but all non engineers) choose to ignore it and in most cases do the exact opposite.

Forum Veteran
    If war weight is the problem then why not stop matching based on war weight? We know it would be mathematically impossible to match on th level so what are you left with? Recent war performance? So similar records or some sort of trophy system like the builder base?there might be thevsolutionand would encourage everyone to make your base at the highest th level currently th11.
    By the way a maxed th11 currently has the advantage over all so why not get there asap if you main desire is clan war.
    If you're not smarter than the guy you're dealing with you lose.
    You failed to utilize the most effective strategy by not using the most available resources to affect your outcome.
    I play to win. You play to see how tough you are.
    Defeat the enemy anyway you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuitari View Post
    .5 bases seemed to be the first hit for some absurd reason. As far as I know, the engineering debate didn't revolve around a new TH9 with under 20 combined levels of Heroes. Only a tiny amount of people complained about it. Almost always engineers running a straw man argument.

Oh, so you have a level 10 Queen with no bows? Okay.

You have a level 25+ Queen or something like that but still don't have bows?

Come on people, we don't need arbitrary numbers for this, just some sense.

Ask yourself, what level must one be to have Bowlers and a Warden? Well.... Must be at least a TH10 for the Bowlers right? Couldn't possibly be a TH8 regardless of defense. Warden?! Must be a TH11 since one must be a TH11 to have a Warden.

35 CC space. Not a TH6 or 7 or 8 or 9. 260 camp capacity? Probably not a TH8.

Spell limits? Same concept. No king but a queen? Yep. At least a TH9.

Why is this so confounding?
    I have literally no idea what you are saying. I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing. I'm feeling very confounding hahah
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    First it's a lack of content, now it's TOO much content?

TH12
    War Agency - Level 20 War Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Canaddar View Post
    What they need to do is to figure offensive troops into the war weight formula, and increase the weight of walls slightly......imo
    Walls weight should be decrease though and TH weight should be increase more!

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    However I do not agree war is a waste of time without engineering, I do agree with the flaw in matchmaking. However most of our wars are fair matches, we do encounter engineered TH11 bases that match with TH10 or even TH9. Which basically means the opponent has a big advantage, even if the engineered th11 bases can easily been taken by a th9 or 10: They do have extra attempts on the top bases, and that is where wars are decided.

My suggestion in the past has been to ALWAYS match the townhall levels, before weighting in offense and defense. Or at least, for the TH11 bases.
    Again - if bases were ranked on total weight instead of defensive weigh those TH11s would be at the top instead of down the map. If not, they should be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KillenTime View Post
    Again - if bases were ranked on total weight instead of defensive weigh those TH11s would be at the top instead of down the map. If not, they should be.
    Who cares what order bases are? If the matchup is fair, they could be put in random order, you should still have your clan hitting bases they can reliably 3 star.

I do. It's about perception. I want to know in total weight, by position, which bases are pulling what on the other side of the ledger. If total weight is truly being used as suggested, but ranking is only defensive - I think the TH10s with infernos is getting a bad rap. Clans are saying we need to get rid of these TH10s with infernos because they are killing us in war matches. Let's see if they are or not.

Crab Claw
    Quote Originally Posted by JONSNO View Post
    Matchmaking is quite stable than it was before few months. If your lineup hasn't engineered account, it is very rare that matchmaking draws engineers against you.
    I am not saying it is 100% working, but in past few months we just matched up against engineered clan just once. And this was quite good, because before that we got engineered clan after every 2 or 3 wars.
    If you are constantly matching against engineered clan, that would be because of .5 bases in your lineup as .5 bases are counted as engineered accounts and they will draw the same as your enemy.
    That's why in my clan we removed all .5 bases and it's going quite smooth right now.
    Can you please define your personal definition of a .5? As we have no engineered bases and no bases that have been upgraded to the next TH level and not dropped at least a few new defences or upped existing defence.

Cheers.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by KillenTime View Post
    I do. It's about perception. I want to know in total weight, by position, which bases are pulling what on the other side of the ledger. If total weight is truly being used as suggested, but ranking is only defensive - I think the TH10s with infernos is getting a bad rap. Clans are saying we need to get rid of these TH10s with infernos because they are killing us in war matches. Let's see if they are or not.
    I benched my main account, for now, due to having IT. In my opinion, and mainly because we choose to do lightweight wars, they are too heavy to suit our purpose. If we did heavier wars, they would still be an asset. So whether they are fit for purpose, is relevant to how the clan wars.
    So far as using total weight, in order to ascertain which is truly the heavier base, so far as war count goes, unfortunately that is just a pipe dream, due to the eagerness of most of the player base to optimise war accounts. There is no way SC would allow themselves to be burned for a second time. They announced defensive matching, the rest is history. How long would it take to crack the code, if war bases were in their "true" positions on the map. Perception counts for nothing. Anyone that hangs around here should quickly learn how to read the map, break down the rosters, and have a good feel for the fairness of the match. If there is discontent within the clan, then an informed member should be able to quell any fears, or misconceptions. What SC can not, and must not do, is start to divulge too much information, thus allowing optimisation to be fully realised, without a shred of doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I benched my main account, for now, due to having IT. In my opinion, and mainly because we choose to do lightweight wars, they are too heavy to suit our purpose. If we did heavier wars, they would still be an asset. So whether they are fit for purpose, is relevant to how the clan wars.
    So far as using total weight, in order to ascertain which is truly the heavier base, so far as war count goes, unfortunately that is just a pipe dream, due to the eagerness of most of the player base to optimise war accounts. There is no way SC would allow themselves to be burned for a second time. They announced defensive matching, the rest is history. How long would it take to crack the code, if war bases were in their "true" positions on the map. Perception counts for nothing. Anyone that hangs around here should quickly learn how to read the map, break down the rosters, and have a good feel for the fairness of the match. If there is discontent within the clan, then an informed member should be able to quell any fears, or misconceptions. What SC can not, and must not do, is start to divulge too much information, thus allowing optimisation to be fully realised, without a shred of doubt.
    100% agree, they must not give out that info. Let’s be real honest here folks, the optimizers will continue until it no longer benefits them. All the talk about how things are balanced between offense and defense is just that and it only benefits the optimizers. If there was really no advantage for them to optimize today and it was fully as even as they would like us all to believe, they would stop doing it tomorrow.