Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: War event treasury discussion

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPekkaMaster View Post
    Not sure if you have read my post on this but what I would suggest to Supercell is that next time they do whatever the minimum appropriate action is (I.e. IMHO an in-game apology note for the confusion that would clear things up AND have the capacity to reach all players as not all are on this forum).

IMHO the appropriate action is to correct the mistake. Correcting the description to avoid confusion is sufficient.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash098 View Post
    IMHO the appropriate action is to correct the mistake. Correcting the description to avoid confusion is sufficient.
    Agreed. There really were two issues here. First, the 4x event was poorly planned, executed, and communicated. Then SC just exacerbated the issue and created another one by failing to take action to correct the initial issue.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyyo View Post
    Agreed. There really were two issues here. First, the 4x event was poorly planned, executed, and communicated. Then SC just exacerbated the issue and created another one by failing to take action to correct the initial issue.
    How did they fail? They corrected the description.

I won over $5m but only got my treasury max, I expected it to go over the limits as it has occasionally in the past. They set that precedent and then didn't do it. Seems like an error/oversight to me.
    I'm an engineer with an actual engineering degree, lol.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #645
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash098 View Post
    How did they fail? They corrected the description.
    Only here.

I don't think they ever changed it in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #646
    Quote Originally Posted by tmeie1 View Post
    I won over $5m but only got my treasury max, I expected it to go over the limits as it has occasionally in the past. They set that precedent and then didn't do it. Seems like an error/oversight to me.
    Actually, it never has in the pas for the treasury.

Other limits have been exceeded - main storage has for purchased packs only, and number of books you can hold has, both for purcahse packs and for events.

But treasury amounts have never been exceeded.

And more importantly, previous war loot events have not allowed you to exceed your treasury limits. I missed out on a previous one because I forgot I needed twice the usual space and so didn't collect my treasury in time. OK, that one didn't overfill your treasury by itself, but it did still set a precedent that war loot bonuses would not go over treasury limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Only here.

I don't think they ever changed it in game.
    Yes, I would think that since the person I am talking to is posting here in the forum and stating that SC failed that he\she would see the change in description here in the forum, or at lease ask where the changes were made.

I said that Supercell's event was misleading. What makes you think that this relates to whether someone, in particular, can guess what Supercell would mean by 4x loot, just because they know their treasury has a certain capacity?
    I didn't need to guess, because, like I said, I have comprehension. There is a maximum capacity to your treasury. If your war loot fills it up to max capacity, anything beyond that is lost. It has always worked this way!

(Max dark storage limit is 180k as far as I'm aware and have seen on CoC wikia and so I'm assuming this analogy is theoretical and will answer accordingly)
    Yeah but this is in your power and has nothing to do with Supercell. You still have the theoretical capacity to hold 200kDE whether by having an empty storage or upgrading to a new one and essentially you are able to make a choice here.
    The DE storage can hold 180k, but with the town hall, maximum DE storage capacity is 200k. I don't need to check a wiki to tell you that. My TH11 is maxed, and I now what I can hold.

Again, who you attack, how and with how much storage is largely in your power and has little to do with what Supercell themselves are responsible for.
    I've been in Legend league for the last year, right up until a couple days ago, when I decided to drop. The clouds you face in that league mean that we really don't have that power. When you find a match, you attack. However, that is completely irrelevant to the point.

The specific limits are set by Supercell. Your best-guess comprehension of them has nothing to do with the extent of Supercell's control in setting those limits and how they choose to write their event names or their apology or lack thereof for a confusing one.
    Right... The limits were set by Super Cell, when they created the treasury, and it's maximum capacity. My compression is that the limit is the limit. I have no idea how anyone would come to any other conclusion, without a specific note being made by Super Cell that changes to the norm apply.
    The 'rules' weren't bent in this case. People's storage limits upheld.
    Right. Somehow you are agreeing with me here, and you don't even know it...

Some people did get 4x loot, and others did not. Those who did not had their treasuries filled to maximum capacity.

Loot was multiplied by up to 4x.
    Last edited by TheConfuzed1; April 16th, 2018 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmeie1 View Post
    Treasury limits have NEVER exceeded capacity. Never.

The ONLY time a treasury can be overfilled is when you step away from a clan which has a higher storage as part of its perks.