Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Engineering still a huge problem - on the brink of jacking it in

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    362

    Engineering still a huge problem - on the brink of jacking it in

    Once again for the past few wars we have seen the advent of lopsided bases rearing its head.

    We have no lopsided, .5 or rushed bases. We are continually matched at the top end in 10 and 15 wars versus TWO TH11's at the 1&2 spots with max troops. We have ONE TH11 with mid-level TH11 defences and max troops. The second enemy TH11 always has key defences either missing or at low levels but high level troops, usually 240 capacity as opposed to 260.

    We also see engineered bases rearing their heads again at the mid and back points. Namely TH10's with TH8 defences and with level 5 drags to mop up the TH9's. Also this current war a TH9 at 13 on the roster versus our 6 TH8's in a 15 war with level 4 drags to mop them up.

    It is pointless continuing with war. Dozens of posts over the past 2-3 years have been ignored by SC with the promise of a miracle cure that alludes us all. We even told SC what was wrong with developing attack ahead of defence but nothing was done all those years ago...

    For the first time recently we lost 4 wars in a row and now on the brink of making that 6. Only 2 of those we were well beaten fair and square. One we should have won but messed up one attack. The other 3 were against roster-engineered or this war engineered bases.

    Enough is enough. Clan games, Builder Bases or whatever next will now cloud over the calamity which has become Clan Wars.

    Whenever I contact SC either some staff responses lack knowledge of what roster engineering is (like who wants to face a TH10 when you're at TH8 or TH10 versus a TH11) or they say they are still working on a fix.

    Well I guess just the Laboratory in the actual game; sometimes there just isn't enough fuel to power development and it seems Supercell themselves have lost the will to fix the problem that is the final nail in Clash's coffin, engineering.

    Greenbear

  2. #2
    Senior Member SkyValker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    At the 19th hole
    Posts
    301
    Hi Greenbear,

    Have you tried sitting out your TH11 for a few wars? I've seen a few people say, they struggle with their match ups, when they have just one th11 up top.

    Your War roster seems a little uncommon (a slightly wide spread of town halls, with just one th11, and a lot more TH8's) - so may not be finding enough people to match against. Try doing some different line ups (or even try some 5v5 wars, using just 1-2 town hall spread)

    It's a shame, as I would much rather just opt in people that want to war - but if the loss streak is getting too heavy, you have to change something, before you lose all hope.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyValker View Post
    Hi Greenbear,

    Have you tried sitting out your TH11 for a few wars? I've seen a few people say, they struggle with their match ups, when they have just one th11 up top.

    Your War roster seems a little uncommon (a slightly wide spread of town halls, with just one th11, and a lot more TH8's) - so may not be finding enough people to match against. Try doing some different line ups (or even try some 5v5 wars, using just 1-2 town hall spread)

    It's a shame, as I would much rather just opt in people that want to war - but if the loss streak is getting too heavy, you have to change something, before you lose all hope.

    Good luck!
    An extremely intelligent and welcome comment. Yes, I have thought about it but it would be so frustrating to remove it
    because of the Clan War algorithm mismatching. We actually warred last war: 1 TH11, 3 TH10s, 5 TH9s, 5 TH8s and one TH7. One of the TH9s doesnít have xbows. But we were matched versus engineered clan plus roster engineered TH11 at no2 with no Eagle and lower xbows. Itís the two TH11s we keep getting thatís the real killer.

    SC have got back to me today via the Contact facility, they say they are trying to work on a way to match engineered Clans against each other. It canít come soon enough.

    Thanks again for the response. We might have to drop a couple of heavy bases just to get back on a winning streak.

    GB

  4. #4
    Millennial Club wysiwyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    mother russia
    Posts
    1,486
    I feel your pain. In the past our loses were practically all from modders, these days itís engineered clans. Be it out right cheating or sandbagging the mms, it all leads to the same place.

    Now that being said, losing a war in a fair and even match is absolute gold! So much to learn! Recently we had exactly this and I loved it. Great War, great enemy. Nothing but love!

    Be strong op. Lots of us fp guys have high hopes for the next update. Keep your chin up buddy. :-)

  5. #5
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenbearUK View Post
    Once again for the past few wars we have seen the advent of lopsided bases rearing its head.

    We have no lopsided, .5 or rushed bases. We are continually matched at the top end in 10 and 15 wars versus TWO TH11's at the 1&2 spots with max troops. We have ONE TH11 with mid-level TH11 defences and max troops. The second enemy TH11 always has key defences either missing or at low levels but high level troops, usually 240 capacity as opposed to 260.

    We also see engineered bases rearing their heads again at the mid and back points. Namely TH10's with TH8 defences and with level 5 drags to mop up the TH9's. Also this current war a TH9 at 13 on the roster versus our 6 TH8's in a 15 war with level 4 drags to mop them up.


    It is pointless continuing with war. Dozens of posts over the past 2-3 years have been ignored by SC with the promise of a miracle cure that alludes us all. We even told SC what was wrong with developing attack ahead of defence but nothing was done all those years ago...

    For the first time recently we lost 4 wars in a row and now on the brink of making that 6. Only 2 of those we were well beaten fair and square. One we should have won but messed up one attack. The other 3 were against roster-engineered or this war engineered bases.

    Enough is enough. Clan games, Builder Bases or whatever next will now cloud over the calamity which has become Clan Wars.

    Whenever I contact SC either some staff responses lack knowledge of what roster engineering is (like who wants to face a TH10 when you're at TH8 or TH10 versus a TH11) or they say they are still working on a fix.

    Well I guess just the Laboratory in the actual game; sometimes there just isn't enough fuel to power development and it seems Supercell themselves have lost the will to fix the problem that is the final nail in Clash's coffin, engineering.

    Greenbear
    I feel for you mate. We rarely use an 11, as your problems are pretty much the norm, once a single 11, with decent firepower is added ( only basing this on forum posts). Your roster seems ok, hall wise, so is a chance the 11 is an issue, but without seeing all bases, is hard to judge on overall balance.
    SkyValk has, as usual, given some sound advice. Benching accounts, especially if they don't have a mini to play with, is tough to take, but until you find a sweet spot, it will be a good move. The biggest task in game, at present, is finding a niche where your clan can enjoy war, in fair matches, rather than the mess that gets thrown at you. Nothing worse than facing a likely defeat on prep day.
    When I joined forum, it was in pursuit of an answer to engineering, when it went into full swing. We just got blown away war after war. VikingChief answered my plea.. " Change what you can change, or wait for SC to change it for you". Maybe the best advice I ever got. We began to optimise our roster, to keep weights down, and even if we drew engi, we were in a position to fight back.
    Our roster.. A single, well defended 10, minus IT, with big walls, and anti loon.. 5 or 6 x 9s, 2 of which are almost max, except 20/20 heroes. 9s tend to be anti loon too. same number 8s, then 7s, and often a single 6. We have a lightweight th9 dragon base, and this set up gives us a chance to win pretty much every war we fight, sometimes even use a defensively rushed 11, but his low heroes tends to give us a free pass. We fight at 15v, BTW.. odd times 20v
    Anyway. If it aint working mate, tinker with your roster, find a nice balance, then stick with it. There are good match pools out there still, but you need to be pro active, and find one. Once you do, and you get a few war spins that show a pattern forming, it gives the same buzz as actually winning the war. Good spins are an achievement in itself.
    EDIT.. An afterthought. If you keep drawing engi clans, learn to counter them (although not the max troop/ warden type, need a roster fix for that one). Have your guys, from TH9 up, set up to negate the opposition, instead of using an "all purpose" base. On prep day, discuss the oppositions likely troop choice, and use the relevant bases to negate it. Ours tend to be anti loon, as this is by far the most widely used attack, and these bases usually defend drags ok too. We have won so many wars simply because the opposition had no plan B, even if they had a prep day advantage.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 1 Week Ago at 11:30 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    215
    Sorry to hear that, GreenBear. Unfortunately, I came to this conclusion over a year ago and just quit wars out of frustration. I spectate my clan as they continue to do the occasional war, and I am not convinced it's much better.

    What I can say, is that I'm happier having left the war scene. That 24 (now 23) hr prep day when you see these sandbagging bases at the bottom of the roster were so frustrating to put up with. Now, engineering is somebody else's problem.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by vhs View Post
    Sorry to hear that, GreenBear. Unfortunately, I came to this conclusion over a year ago and just quit wars out of frustration. I spectate my clan as they continue to do the occasional war, and I am not convinced it's much better.

    What I can say, is that I'm happier having left the war scene. That 24 (now 23) hr prep day when you see these sandbagging bases at the bottom of the roster were so frustrating to put up with. Now, engineering is somebody else's problem.
    Thanks for ALL the replies on this thread. Iím not surprised many others are also experiencing the same problems.

    GB

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    231
    Yep seems to be at an all time low in regards to war match-ups. Our clan is on the point of it's a joke as well. We love a good close war and don't understand how it's so hard to find a solution.

  9. #9
    Skrags's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    221B Baker Street
    Posts
    5,555
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGreenbearUK View Post
    . We actually warred last war: 1 TH11, 3 TH10s, 5 TH9s, 5 TH8s and one TH7. One of the TH9s doesn’t have xbows. But we were matched versus engineered clan plus roster engineered TH11 at no2 with no Eagle and lower xbows. It’s the two TH11s we keep getting that’s the real killer.
    Some excellent feedback so far. It's always difficult to offer objective advice, but I would suggest that your roster is primarily focused on the TH9/8 area, and so a stand alone TH11 probably will cause the matchmaker some issues.
    One could argue that a 15v roster with 3 TH10s, 6 TH9's and 6 TH8's would in fact be quite balanced, so you are not far off, but throw in a TH11 with max troops and it's understandable that the MM may struggle to find a 'best fit' clan.

    Are your TH10's big TH10's, ie circa 40/40 max offence/defence?

    If it's any consolation we recently lost 3 in a row, which is fairly unusual for us!
    That being said , if I look at our last 6 losses, 4 were by %, 1 was by a single star, and the other was where we were perfected by an excellent clan :-
    https://cocp.it/clan/90LP2PL

    With the exception of one war, we could have won the rest, so overall I can't have any complaints with Matchmaking. It seems to be doing a decent job at the moment.

    Good luck to you! I'm sure you can turn it around!!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 11 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...H8-s-to-TH11-s My spec: early TH11, 44/42/12

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    362
    Hi Skrags. Yes our number 2 is max TH10 with late 30 heroes. Our no5 a max TH9 with late 20 heroes. That still doesn’t explain engineered bases against us back of roster but might lean towards why we keep getting weak defenced TH11 at enemy no2.

    GB

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •