Page 221 of 299 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 2986

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cloud Control - All About Clouds and Our Proposed Solutions

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Another suggestion to ruin the trophy pushing competition so players who don’t care about it can get faster matches.
    How do you figure? Players would actually be able to play the game and get her trophies regardless of their play style. Imagine that.

I don’t see any clouds, like I said, and if there wasn’t a penalty for going higher I wouldn’t care if they crept up which would increase the higher end pool. As long as the loot was capped and wasn’t a huge issue, which pushers say it isn’t about loot and just pride, then everyone could have equal playing time higher end if they chose to, and pushers could climb to their hearts content. Let them get to 15k trophies. They mean nothing after legend anyway.
    Last edited by JRG18; October 28th, 2018 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRG18 View Post
    How do you figure? Players would actually be able to play the game and get her trophies regardless of their play style. Imagine that.

I don’t see any clouds, like I said, and if there wasn’t a penalty for going higher I wouldn’t care if they crept up which would increase the higher end pool. As long as the loot was capped and wasn’t a huge issue, which pushers say it isn’t about loot and just pride, then everyone could have equal playing time higher end if they chose to, and pushers could climb to their hearts content. Let them get to 15k trophies. They mean nothing after legend anyway.
    Right now, one of the problems with the trophy competition in legends is in order to compete you have to be able to have a device searching much of the day. If you were to change it to your plan, you not only would have to be able to have a device searching most of the day, you would have to literally be playing it, attack after attack, over and over, everything boosted, gemming everything done, etc. It would be totally pay to win and would ruin the competition by making it worse than it already is.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Millennial Club
    Right now, one of the problems with the trophy competition in legends is in order to compete you have to be able to have a device searching much of the day. If you were to change it to your plan, you not only would have to be able to have a device searching most of the day, you would have to literally be playing it, attack after attack, over and over, everything boosted, gemming everything done, etc. It would be totally pay to win and would ruin the competition by making it worse than it already is.
    But it WOULD solve the cloud problem. Isn’t that why we’re here? 😘

Yeah, it would need a lot more tweaking to allow for fairness. Cap the amount of trophies people can get per hour or day or have a window and cool down period. Possibilities are endless. I see people in our clan getting hours and hours of clouds for measly trophy offers. There’s got to be a balance between regular players and the ones that have players use the same account and keep it going 24/7.

But it WOULD solve the cloud problem. Isn’t that why we’re here? 

Yeah, it would need a lot more tweaking to allow for fairness. Cap the amount of trophies people can get per hour or day or have a window and cool down period. Possibilities are endless. I see people in our clan getting hours and hours of clouds for measly trophy offers. There’s got to be a balance between regular players and the ones that have players use the same account and keep it going 24/7.
    If you don’t care about the trophy competition you can solve the cloud problem for yourself by playing lower. Your suggestion ruins the competition for me and it does so to let someone like you attack faster even though you have other options to do just that already.

Now, once you start making changes to your suggestion it is different. This has all been discussed at length here and in other threads.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here for how cc troops deploy ( it depends) and more here. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

But it WOULD solve the cloud problem. Isn’t that why we’re here?
    Yes, but replacing one big problem with another, bigger problem isn't really helpful. It's like stubbing your toe on the coffee table and "solving" the problem by cutting your foot off. Sure, your foot's gone, but hey...your toe doesn't hurt anymore.

Forcing people to wait in clouds to participate in competition sucks, but it's not as bad as forcing the competition to dedicate untold real-life resources to trying to top the leader board. Unrestricted attacking in the current system is cutting your foot off. Quick matches like that could only be done with an attack limit or a time limit. That's basically discussed in #12
    Cloud Control - Why are clouds so terrible, and what are the possible ways to get rid of them?

Did the golem loon event really make clouds that much worse? I'm in titan 1. Yesterday was seeing clouding for 2-5 minutes. I call that tolerable. I'm currently at an hour and a half with no match? Maybe until the solution for clouds comes we could tone down on consecutive events and overlapping events. I appreciate the rewards but would actually rather play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefillini View Post
    Did the golem loon event really make clouds that much worse? I'm in titan 1. Yesterday was seeing clouding for 2-5 minutes. I call that tolerable. I'm currently at an hour and a half with no match? Maybe until the solution for clouds comes we could tone down on consecutive events and overlapping events. I appreciate the rewards but would actually rather play the game.
    Events do usually make the clouds worse because more people are attacking.

I think Supercell, aware of the great problem the clouds are, should try with stop selling shields the last week of the season. That's when clouds are worst. I'm nowhere near a hardcore pusher and I usually spend 3 days of shield towards the end. I understand this impacts SC's profit, but it's about time some measure is taken, at least of a sign of listening the community.

I think this would help the end of season clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by anon314 View Post
    but it's about time some measure is taken, at least of a sign of listening the community.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...utions/page144
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just to stick my head in here and say I've been still keeping tabs on this thread.♥ And as I've mentioned before, this thread also has the eyes of the dev team as well.♥
    An idea we've been tossing around is to create a new base at above...no I'm truly joking with that.♥ I just wanted to collectively see everyone's jaw drop at that joke.♥
    In all seriousness...
    We have a pretty solid idea of how we want to address the clouding issue.♥ It's going to take some time to truly flesh out in full detail and I'm hoping to have some insights for you in a few months.♥ As many already understand, a universal solution is a lot more complicated than most realize and we want to make sure it's something that is beneficial to those who have made the climb to those hallowed trophy levels as well as provide incentive to others to try and reach them.♥
    As always, we'll share more information when it's ready to be shared
    .♥ But once the systems are set into place internally, we'll have more information available.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...utions/page161
    We don't have an ETA.♥ I don't want to give an early indication and then make it look like we failed to deliver on a hypothetical date.♥
    It's still very much in the early drawing board stages, but I can say this:♥ it's looking promising.♥ If I had to give a tentative date at gunpoint, optimistically I'd say most likely early next year.
    As I've said in previous content discussions, we do have a production calendar of content we've had planned for this year already and deviating from that would cause some havoc with the development process. We've got a couple more big content releases for this year, one of which was hinted at last week, and I'll leave that discussion for another time.♥
    As far as the clouding solution (I wonder if we should call it 'codename: clear skies') it is going to require a redesign of the end-game tier leagues and how they function.♥ A lot of good ideas and discussions have been posted here, and while we've had an idea how we want to solve the cloud issue, this discussion has helped steer the dev team in positive directions.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ake-with-Clash
    Our Project Blue Skies (fix for the clouds), is a good example of this.♥ Clouding affects a very, very small percentage of competitive players.♥ But those competitive players are recognizably some of our most hardcore, dedicated players and it is unfair that these players are unable to play when they want due to the clouding problem.♥ It's a very niche issue, but one that does deserve due attention - and it will get resolved, planned for early next year.♥

We've got content in the works that will provide scalable difficulty for all players, but that content is still a bit down the road.
    in the following video you will find some latest infromatiosns about project blue sky.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; October 30th, 2018 at 05:14 PM.

Events do usually make the clouds worse because more people are attacking.
    Yes events usually make them worse. My point was not this bad. I've never seen 90 minute clouding in Titan. Not even close. There are four events currently going on plus it's a new season and I think those pushing like to push harder earlier on (just a guess). All I'm saying is that while the rewards are appreciated, maybe four events at the same time is too much. Again I know it's a small percentage of players and such, I can drop down. I know all that. I do drop down, only to raise back up. It's tough to pass down good loot just to drop trophies. I'll happily lose trophies on purpose when the loot offer is low but in Titan I don't see that very often.