Page 265 of 299 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 2983

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cloud Control - All About Clouds and Our Proposed Solutions

  1. #2641
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingKoala View Post
    Been thinking of possible fixes for the clouds, i pretty much land on some sort of pvp for legend players as a fix.

    Question is have you adequately thought about the impact blue skies will play with clan games? Like we wouldn't want one hour challenges that are impossible to complete like destry "x" amount of storages or heroes etc.

    This is assuming its a pvp type fix, which it could not be, fact remains, challenges are harder for legend players to complete. Should we expect legend only challenges?
    I bet clan games will be easier for me after the legends change, not harder. Right now there are a lot of challenges I cannot take because it takes hours to get a single match.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  2. #2642
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    214
    Allow attackers to attack while base woner is searching..

  3. #2643
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,064
    Quote Originally Posted by YOYOYOYOYOYO View Post
    Allow attackers to attack while base woner is searching..
    So you're basically proposing to let everyone attack everyone else all the time? Then we would be in the region of 'who is attacking the most, by gemming troops/boosting'. And cups would be outta whack in no time, creating even more havoc.

  4. #2644
    Senior Member BigPokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    286
    I bank clock tower potions so I can crank through clan games

  5. #2645
    Super Member tinman610's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Great White North, Eh
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Nope, that is not logical at all, let alone by my logic. There is no reason to remove revenge that works fine for millions just because the high trophy players cannot use it. We have learned to ignore it. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest. It isn’t a simple issue. You may wish to read the thread.



    There isn’t any need for revenge at the high trophy level. Just ignore it, it isn’t a big deal at all. It is much more important to prevent collusion than to allow revenge. Revenge means little anyway. Most people don’t care if they got revenged or if some other random person attacked them.
    I have read the thread, now and for the last four years whether it was this thread or similar ones. I have not seen anyone actually refute that this is a supply and demand issue overall. More people want to attack than bases available to attack. There are only two ways to fix it. Either have players make fewer attacks or increase the number of bases that can be attacked. All I see discussed is that you cant do either of those things for some unknown reason.

    Then lets narrow it down to which of the two scenarios is more favourable. Does SC want fewer attacks? That seems unlikely since players want to play not sit on their hands and wait or worse go do something else besides coc. The logical solution has to involve increasing the number of bases to attack. As the number of bases to attack goes up, the length of time in the clouds goes down and players can make more attacks per day.

    So how should more bases be made available for attack? There are a number of ways of course. Option 1 could be to increase the trophy +/- search range. That is not likely to work since the range is already quite large and anyway it would push the problem to lower levels rather than reduce it. Option 2 could be reduction in shield or guard time. Really simple to implement. Just change the hours of each one. Cutting it in half would be a good first step. Doing that would only allow bases to be protected for half the time so in effect nearly doubles the number of available bases. Option 3 reinstate revenge for the higher levels. If you are trying to stop abuse the way to do it is not to restrict the entire community. I havent been able to do a revenge since I hung out in the 2500 trophy range. Why cant it work at 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500? There are more complicated ways to add bases of course such as allowing unlimited attacks like builder base but with a set number of “for trophy” attacks. But thats not much fun when you are not playing for trophies. There could be a premium game where you buy a rune of unlimited attacks that supercedes guards and shields. Could be a money maker but not many would like that. I maintain that the simplest way is still to reduce the shield and guard times. I am sure many will disagree regardless. Lets see some constructive solutions rather than tear down all the suggestions.
    Level 200 | TH12 | 1937 war stars | Legends Reached
    http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...anks-in-Forums Forum Ranks
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...es-Compilation
    What if forums existed in the day of Asteroids? Like please nerf the rocks they keep trying to hit me. Working my way towards having Banned as my forum title😄 at 1000

  6. #2646
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman610 View Post
    I have read the thread, now and for the last four years whether it was this thread or similar ones. I have not seen anyone actually refute that this is a supply and demand issue overall. More people want to attack than bases available to attack. There are only two ways to fix it. Either have players make fewer attacks or increase the number of bases that can be attacked. All I see discussed is that you cant do either of those things for some unknown reason.

    Then lets narrow it down to which of the two scenarios is more favourable. Does SC want fewer attacks? That seems unlikely since players want to play not sit on their hands and wait or worse go do something else besides coc. The logical solution has to involve increasing the number of bases to attack. As the number of bases to attack goes up, the length of time in the clouds goes down and players can make more attacks per day.

    So how should more bases be made available for attack? There are a number of ways of course. Option 1 could be to increase the trophy +/- search range. That is not likely to work since the range is already quite large and anyway it would push the problem to lower levels rather than reduce it. Option 2 could be reduction in shield or guard time. Really simple to implement. Just change the hours of each one. Cutting it in half would be a good first step. Doing that would only allow bases to be protected for half the time so in effect nearly doubles the number of available bases. Option 3 reinstate revenge for the higher levels. If you are trying to stop abuse the way to do it is not to restrict the entire community. I havent been able to do a revenge since I hung out in the 2500 trophy range. Why cant it work at 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500? There are more complicated ways to add bases of course such as allowing unlimited attacks like builder base but with a set number of “for trophy” attacks. But thats not much fun when you are not playing for trophies. There could be a premium game where you buy a rune of unlimited attacks that supercedes guards and shields. Could be a money maker but not many would like that. I maintain that the simplest way is still to reduce the shield and guard times. I am sure many will disagree regardless. Lets see some constructive solutions rather than tear down all the suggestions.
    It is a supply and demand issue, so no one should refute that. The clouds are caused by people trying to get more attacks than the number of defenses they give up.

    Changing the shield and guard time, alone, wouldn't do much unless you reduce the time until personal break too.

    "Reinstating" revenge at higher trophy levels would do nothing to help the clouds. Those bases get attacked right away by someone anyway so it wouldn't help at all. What it would do is bring back the win trading and cup giving that exists if there is no delay put in like currently.

    Purchasing the right to get more attacks would be horrible and would turn it into pay to win.

    There are many constructive solutions in this thread and also many bad ideas.
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:42 AM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  7. #2647
    Forum All-Star mattyboo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,165
    This thread has so many good ideas, but supercell obviously has an idea of what’s going to happen if the update is to be released in first half of 2019

  8. #2648
    Centennial Club MuhammadIqbal158's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboo1 View Post
    This thread has so many good ideas, but supercell obviously has an idea of what’s going to happen if the update is to be released in first half of 2019
    Yes, and we only have to wait 1 week to find out. Sneak Peek was released at the end of May.

  9. #2649
    Personally i suggest a limited numbers of attacks per day for legend league player. This will give them less oppuritinity to attack at every player

  10. #2650
    Senior Member Kanji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman610 View Post
    Does SC want fewer attacks? That seems unlikely since players want to play not sit on their hands and wait or worse go do something else besides coc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumitkumarilun4545ilun View Post
    Personally i suggest a limited numbers of attacks per day for legend league player. This will give them less oppuritinity to attack at every player
    Isn't this pretty much what Darian told Galadon it would be? Limiting attacks in Legend, but making sure they have the balance right so that it's not like active players don't get enough playtime, but also so that the hardcore can't spend all day searching under shields.

    Attacks should be limited to a maximum of 10 per day, with shield breaks when you attack like the old days.
    Last edited by Kanji; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:20 AM.
    GG: 1.9 billion | EE: 1.9 billion | HH: 17 mil
    Max TH11 | Angel: 150 Magma: 150 | AQ: 50 BK: 50 GW: 20
    Push Record: #3884 in the world! | Level 200 | Clan: Global Titans
    BH8
    | BM: 22
    BH Push Record: 4840

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •