Page 3 of 299 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cloud Control - All About Clouds and Our Proposed Solutions

Banned
    Why hasn't this been moved to ideas and feature requests? Although I completely agree this issue needs to be THE most talked about topic, why not treat everyone fairly as opposed to moving some threads and not others? Like mine yesterday??

SC needs to fix the clouds. Bottom line.

Darian, WHAT IS GOING ON OVER THERE??? WE CAN'T PLAY THE GAAAAAMMMMMEEEEEE

The Legend league should have its own matching system, people who climed that high are there for the compation and should treat like it.

All the ideas that suggested are in-game features with a little twist that affecting the rest of the game and thats why they will never work.

Legends need their unique system!

I didnt come up with an idea yet but I do think that once a player enter the Legend league he/she should enter arena where trophies matters, where the game rules are changed for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by jbird2222 View Post
    Why hasn't this been moved to ideas and feature requests? Although I completely agree this issue needs to be THE most talked about topic, why not treat everyone fairly as opposed to moving some threads and not others? Like mine yesterday??

SC needs to fix the clouds. Bottom line.

Darian, WHAT IS GOING ON OVER THERE??? WE CAN'T PLAY THE GAAAAAMMMMMEEEEEE
    Where did you find Idea in original post? Op didn't share any Idea to resolve cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    I don't think this avoids the fundamental problem that if there are plentiful targets then it's pay-to-win, and if not there are clouds. Now, you're right that issuing an extra target after someone has been in clouds for some time wouldn't be especially pay-to-win if "some time" was long enough - especially if more than the army cook time of 50 minutes or so. But a solution that reduces clouds to 30-60 minutes isn't exactly a solution to clouds. It might be that some balance offering a few extra bases could be a bit better than now, but it's only marginal. SC have made marginal changes before (like abolishing 1 cup offers), but they aren't solutions.

I also think you maybe underestimate the sheer demand for targets in Legend league and how much carnage that could cause if unleashed on lower leagues.
    As I said, opening targets outside of Legends wouldn't be a solution to clouds, and I agree it would be a marginal improvement. However I would say that a small bandaid shouldn't be dismissed out of hand simply because it doesn't single handedly solve the cloud problem.

As for allowing the matchmaker to find targets in lower leagues, I don't see how this would cause any kind of chaos whatsoever. Ultramax th11s farming in low leagues getting shields from ultramax th11s in legends is not going to break lower leagues. These bases hardly if ever are seriously attacked, even by each other. If they're legend level bases taking advantage of easy farming in low leagues I don't see how making them available to actual attacks damages the playability of lower leagues.
    Last edited by Reefus; March 23rd, 2018 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefus View Post
    As I said, opening targets outside of Legends wouldn't be a solution to clouds, and I agree it would be a marginal improvement. However I would say that a small bandaid shouldn't be dismissed out of hand simply because it doesn't single handedly solve the cloud problem.

As for allowing the matchmaker to find targets in lower leagues, I don't see how this would cause any kind of chaos whatsoever. Ultramax th11s farming in low leagues getting shields from ultramax th11s in legends is not going to break lower leagues. These bases hardly if ever are seriously attacked, even by each other. If they're legend level bases taking advantage of easy farming in low leagues I don't see how making them available to actual attacks damages the playability of lower leagues.
    I think their is reason th11 farming in lower league. If they're getting attacked easily by legend league player then there is no reason to stay inside lower league.
    Last edited by CaptainJackjr; March 23rd, 2018 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefus View Post

They stay down there to farm. They might get shields from lesser bases trying to get the loot they have accumulated. How many of them are going to be happy with people that are not farming hitting them for more then their collectors are going to regenerate while they are off line. Stop looking for easy trophies while pushing. Yeah, yeah, war weight and all. Blah blah. Their bases are designed to defend loot. They give up the collectors and some building to get 30% damage done. They don't design for heavy hits. They will be easier to get a star from.
    It is a worse idea then PvP.
    Last edited by Martvol; March 23rd, 2018 at 05:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.
    Builder base, a village so bad even it's builder wants to leave.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by m5anto View Post
    How about we gems to wins in legend league ? After 5000 trophies SC gives 1 gem for 1 star, 2 gems for 2 star and 3 gems for 3 star and 2,3,4 gems for 1,2,3 stars after 6000 along with the league bonus. It would certainly reduce the clouds overnight by a large factor as titans will try to get into legend league and everyone would love gems. What could be the cons? SC may lose little revenue in the beginning but more people pushing upwards would buy gems for shields, boosting, potions anyway. What's your opinion on my idea ?
    I LIKE IT.

What if Legends was PVP as follows:

Each account can attack 3 times, followed by a 2 hour cool down per attack. You could either wait 2 hours or break the cool down by spending 5 gems per attack.

Legend league season goes for 5 weekdays followed by a 2 day weekend season, so 2 seasons per week.

Legend trophies reset at each season.

The rewards for top individual performers per season are as follows:

1-10 = 2000 gems, 11-100 = 1500 gems, 101-250 = 1000 gems, 251-500 = 750 gems, 501-750 = 500 gems, 751-1000 = 250 gems, 1001-2000 = 200 gems, 2001-50,000 = 100 gems.

The rewards for top clan performers per season are as follows:

1 = 250 gems, 2-10 = 150 gems, 11-25 = 75 gems, 26-100 = 50 gems, 101-250 = 25 gems, 251-1000 = 15 gems, 1001-2500 = 10 gems, 2501-50,000 = 5 gems. Each clan member gets these gems.

You gain resources and trophies as you do now in Legends.

You do not lose resources or trophies on defense in Legends.

All bases of the same townhall level are available to attack, not matter what league they are in or if they are on guard, shield, offline or online. These would be your supposed bots. They do not lose resources or trophies on defense to Legend players.

Leagues below Legends operate as they do now with the above shortened seasons.

There are achievements and gem awards for reaching each league for the first time.

It sounds like it is P2WIN but SC will be giving you most of the gems most people would spend to keep pushing.

Edit: I forgot to add this part.

Legends get 3 targets to choose from on each attack.
    Target 1 gives 48 trophies, 16/16/16, or so and resides in Legends or Titans.
    Target 2 gives 30 trophies, 10/10/10, or so and resides in Champions or Masters.
    Target 3 gives 12, 4/4/4, trophies or so and resides below Masters with a greater chance of finding a dead/under-developed base here.
    Last edited by B1gb8dwo7f; March 23rd, 2018 at 03:51 PM.

Fresh Spawn
    What about in legend league after every attack you have to defend once before you can attack again

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJackjr View Post
    I think their is reason th11 farming in lower league. If they're getting attacked easily by legend league player then there is no reason to stay inside lower league.
    Taking a shield from someone willing to attack them isn't going to make them give up farming in low leagues. They just have to work harder to keep their loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    They stay down there to farm. They might get shields from lesser bases trying to get the loot they have accumulated. How many of them are going to be happy with people that are not farming hitting them for more then their collectors are going to regenerate while they are off line.
    Why should they be entitled not to have their storages attacked? They're taking advantage of a flaw in the system. There's no incentive to attack a Max player in a league with a low bonus. This sort of a change requires them to actually defend by pairing them with someone that does have an incentive to attack them for more than their outside collectors. There's no right to be immune from attack, and "but, but they're farming" isn't a very good argument for preserving the status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    Stop looking for easy trophies while pushing. Yeah, yeah, war weight and all. Blah blah. Their bases are designed to defend loot. They give up the collectors and some building to get 30% damage done. They don't design for heavy hits. They will be easier to get a star from.
    First off, I'm actually not pushing ATM, and I'm not looking for easy targets. I do just fine in titan 2.

Second, those same players are looking for easy loot in low leagues, if someone gets easy stars off of them I'd say that's a fair trade. They'll still collect as much farm loot minus the occasional fraction they lose from their storages. It's nothing to cry over. They can redesign their bases if they want to. Otherwise they can hope that whoever attacks them from legends only wants two stars.
    Last edited by Reefus; March 23rd, 2018 at 06:27 AM.

Lady Maverick
    Nice to see all proposed ideas in one thread. However, I see the one I proposed isn't mentioned by OP. So, I'm gonna post it.
    I'm on phone, sorry, if u find any grammatical errors or typos.
    I'll break it into points. Please read till end to understand.
    Legends league- people farm/push trophies and almost all of them hide themselves with shield.

1- Reduce shield.
    Reducing shield (from 16hrs to 8hrs) will make people find many bases.
    Why 8hrs? That's the time people usually spend working/sleeping etc etc.
    But how to replace it.

2- Make a virtual guard (4-6hrs)
    Hope does virtual guard work?
    Assuming a timer of 4hrs Virtual guard (guard) allows you to attack whenever your troops are ready in that 4hrs. The moment you go offline, even if you have virtual guard you'll be attacked. And your shield and virtual guard resets ( it increases the activity of players as well)
    If you want to stay online, you can stay online only for 4hrs(virtual guard timer) and as virtual guard ends, you'll be kicked for 15 mins(just like what happens when guard ends)

3- trophies. As we all know people at higher trophies offer more trophy while taking a defense.
    The trophy range should be 100-300. For both attacker and defender. I'm such way, Max offer will be 33 and lowest offer will be 18 for a 3*. Will increase base building skills.
    This way, trophies will circulate more and there won't be complaints about losing more trophies than gaining.

Combining all these points and making an example.

I'm at a trophy range of 5600.
    I get attacked by someone and I lost 33 trophies (max possible) providing me a shield of 8hrs and virtual guard of 4hrs.
    I train/gem my army and I attack once- gain 12 trophies lose 4hrs shield.
    I attack second time and I gain 22 trophies. Profit of 34 trophies.
    Now as soon the shield runs out my virtual guard starts which is of 4hrs.
    Choice 1-- If I want to play, I can stay online and attack as many times I want to in that 4hrs.
    Choice 2- if I don't wanna play, and i prefer to offline. I'll get attacked within 5 mins.( If I decide to come back in that 5 mins, virtual guard keep ticking) that'll make sure I don't need to stay online forever like people used to do previously. And once it runs out, I'll be kicked from server until I get attacked.

So, either way, choice 1/2 I'll get attacked and I'lllose Maximum amount of 33 trophies and I'll still be with a profit of 1 trophies(that's only by not playing during virtual guard), which I can gain in next attacks. If I play during virtual guard, I should be online until troops gets ready or I can gem them to attack( revenue will be on place) so, either way I'll be at a profit with trophies for that particular day.
    This won't remove the clouds, but it will definitely make it simple and maximum 15-30mins of clouding which is better than 12-16hrs of clouding.

Any doubts or feedbacks are welcome.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Lady Maverick; March 23rd, 2018 at 06:09 AM.