Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Rule 12 Needs Amending

Rule 12 Needs Amending

Okay, so I ran across rule 12, as everyone who reads the forum rules does. However, I hope that it can be amended to where that only the original poster of the thread can ask for their thread to be closed/removed. Take a look at this one. At the end of it, the moderator says the thread was closed on request of the OP.

Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Hub-v-2/page4

So can it please be amended so that we forumer's can have a little more clarity?
    Last edited by Goempel; March 22nd, 2018 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Fixed the mis-print
    -Cowboys Fan-
    Follow them rules!
    Simulated Swearing Rule!
    -I don't wanna get caught up in the middle of it-
    -#ThisIsOURCommunity-

Quote Originally Posted by Goempel View Post
    Okay, so I ran across rule 12, as everyone who reads the forum rules does. However, I hope that it can be amended to where that only the original poster of the thread can ask for their thread to be closed/removed. Take a look at this one. At the end of it, the moderator says the thread was closed on request of the OP.

Thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Hub-v-2/page4

So can it please be amended so that we forumer's can have a little more clarity?
    That one was a good reason to close, rather than just OP request - people are supposed to use it only 5 days for the QMT questions and answers, then say if they want to be the next one to have a QMT, but in that case people were still adding to it even though there was a later QMT already running (so a correct place to volunteer to be next, which that thread no longer was). So letting it go on past its time was just creating a mess and confusion.
    Chapter One #22V00CGY Level 16 International clan
    We welcome strong TH11 and TH12 adult players with big heros for relaxed fun warring, maxing bases and some pushing. Must know where the donate button is!

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Rule 12 says nothing about closing threads, only about removing threads or accounts.

We also don't close threads just because the OP asks, there has to be more reason than just that. There have been numerous occasions where the OP has said a thread can be closed now, but we have left it open.

But rule 12 does need amending, because accounts can now be removed on request (though not by moderators, only by using the new link at the bottom of the page). This was introduced due to the new GDPR regulations in the EU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Rule 12 says nothing about closing threads, only about removing threads or accounts.

We also don't close threads just because the OP asks, there has to be more reason than just that. There have been numerous occasions where the OP has said a thread can be closed now, but we have left it open.

But rule 12 does need amending, because accounts can now be removed on request (though not by moderators, only by using the new link at the bottom of the page). This was introduced due to the new GDPR regulations in the EU.
    So I was wondering since a Long time that What in the world does this "Delete Account" link does? I even clicked on that but it directs me to private message.

So what will happen Actually? If somebody requests Account removal? Simple Ban or something else?
    Cricket World Cup 2019 discussion thread!<^_^>
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-%F0%9F%8F%86

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    <snip>...accounts can now be removed on request (though not by moderators, only by using the new link at the bottom of the page). This was introduced due to the new GDPR regulations in the EU.
    Thanks for the explanation. The mod that got my question can now ignore it (more ).
    That one new link puzzled me when I saw it, was about to send a friend request to that member that joined on 26 January 2018

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. The mod that got my question can now ignore it (more ).
    That one new link puzzled me when I saw it, was about to send a friend request to that member that joined on 26 January 2018
    Careful! You could have been in danger (joking obviously)
    Cricket World Cup 2019 discussion thread!<^_^>
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-%F0%9F%8F%86

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    So I was wondering since a Long time that What in the world does this "Delete Account" link does? I even clicked on that but it directs me to private message.

Can't have wondered for much of a "long time" since the link has only been there for 3 weeks.

So what will happen Actually? If somebody requests Account removal? Simple Ban or something else?
    The account will be removed. And yes, the link sends a PM to a special account, monitored by the forum admin who will then delete the requested account completely.
    Last edited by Ajax; March 22nd, 2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Problem Solver Extraordinaire shivampaw's Avatar
    Be warned: once deleted, forever deleted.

Amen