Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 95 of 95

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is Supercell ever going to address engineered bases in clan wars?

  1. #91
    Senior Member TheGame1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Banbury, UK
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I feel, that by allowing people to progress their accounts however they wish, and try and encompass all those accounts into the sub game we love, namely clan war, that they gave themselves a major headache. I don't feel this is incompetence tho, more a case of trying to keep the whole of their player base happy, so at worst, badly managed, but for genuine reasons.
    I personally feel it has been a massive incompetence on SC's side for not dealing with how players abused a flawed MM for so long, it's much better now and every war is ours to win or lose, they've come on leaps and bounds from where it was, but it's still not perfect. In previous years the MM could throw some absolute joke match ups where it was completely over before the war started, not so much now though.

    I cringe when SC state they want to accomodate all play styles, that's great but it's not going to happen. For war set a way 'the game is suppossed to be played', and stick to it, either letting players not build defences and manipulate the MM, or sort the MM in a way building a strong base should be an advantage, either way letting us know would help, which they are FINALLY starting to do apparently, we shall see very shortly i feel.
    Leader of *This Is Sparta #22CC889J Level 13 UK Adult War Clan. Recuiting Active players Click Here
    The Game TH11 50/50/18 * Game Over TH10 30/30 * Hayden TH9 30/30 * Game on! TH8

  2. #92
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    4
    Estoy contigo estoy harto de los emparejamientos th9 vs th11? Ya vale, es un aburrimiento ver que no puedes ni con dos debajo de tu espejo,la ultina guerra 20 vs 20 nuestras ultimas 4 bases no podian ni con su 20..si esto es equilibrio..estamos cansados de tanta guerra desequilibrada hagan ya algo!!!

  3. #93
    Senior Member BoBoTheGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorsil23 View Post
    Estoy contigo estoy harto de los emparejamientos th9 vs th11? Ya vale, es un aburrimiento ver que no puedes ni con dos debajo de tu espejo,la ultina guerra 20 vs 20 nuestras ultimas 4 bases no podian ni con su 20..si esto es equilibrio..estamos cansados de tanta guerra desequilibrada hagan ya algo!!!
    Hola amigo.


    En el foro uno debe usar inglÚs

  4. #94
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I feel maybe its more that peoples expectations far exceed what SC ever intended initially.
    They are a small group, and simply struck gold with this app. They have, as you said, kept adding to the game. But I think, without any inside information, that they may just have been caught out by the shear magnitude of its success, and are probably desperate to get things worked out, in order to keep it going.
    Incompetence?.. Not so sure mate. I feel, that by allowing people to progress their accounts however they wish, and try and encompass all those accounts into the sub game we love, namely clan war, that they gave themselves a major headache. I don't feel this is incompetence tho, more a case of trying to keep the whole of their player base happy, so at worst, badly managed, but for genuine reasons.
    They have a mammoth task to be fair. They need a solution that will keep all build types happy, and at the same time, try and keep the file sizes low enough, so as to not take up all the storage space on players device. No doubt they could sort things much better if it was a pc game, and users had a terabyte of storage.
    Clouds, I haven't come across them, so cant comment. I raid with goblins in the lower leagues. But on the war front, they are making strides, in my opinion.
    I'm in no way advocating changing play styles. That would be the worst thing they could do. This is why I hate PvP on main base as a solution for Clouds for example. Thing is, they (SC) don't have to do that to solve that problem. I can figure that out so easy, why can't they?

    What I'm saying is that there are solutions that would fix both the War MM and Clouds. I'm further saying that they (SC) have been avoiding the issue for at least 4 years. That in my book is incompetence.

    They don't have a VERY important department in their Organization. In every organization, you have to have a department whose sole purse is to fix problems. They don't have one. All they have is the creative department that comes up with new "stuff" for the game. This department is the same one that elected to mask the War MM and Cloud problems by adding "content" (Clan XP, BB, Clans Wars, and so on).

    The main problem with the game, has never ever been addressed. EVER!!!! For 4 years!!!!
    Last edited by iBork; 1 Week Ago at 01:01 AM.
    Leader of Fortress X
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/fortress-x-2QJ99CGP/members


    "The value of a datum or a field of data is modified by the viewpoint of the observer."

  5. #95
    Senior Member BoBoTheGoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    I'm in no way advocating changing play styles. That would be the worst thing they could do. This is why I hate PvP on main base as a solution for Clouds for example. Thing is, they (SC) don't have to do that to solve that problem. I can figure that out so easy, why can't they?
    PvP for clouds seems more reasonable than any other suggestions made. Many people (like myself) sit in legends strictly for the loot bonus and 4 hour guard. It literally doesn't matter who the person I attack is, as long as they don't take the loot bonus away for losing the battle.

    For those who take the leaderboard seriously, let the best attacker and base builder win. It has many benefits, like finding bases that defend very well and forcing people to attack for more than the easy 1-2 star.

    Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    What I'm saying is that there are solutions that would fix both the War MM and Clouds. I'm further saying that they (SC) have been avoiding the issue for at least 4 years. That in my book is incompetence.
    It would be nice if they were able to sort it out. But with the current state of CoC, a mismatch in favor of engineering is a mission accomplished for the player. Regardless if it is against a clan that shares the same play style or not. Aside from money, there really is no reason to for SC to accommodate a play style that manipulates what they have created. Again, unless the reason was to make people create new bases and the potential for more sales.


    Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    They don't have a VERY important department in their Organization. In every organization, you have to have a department whose sole purse is to fix problems. They don't have one. All they have is the creative department that comes up with new "stuff" for the game. This department is the same one that elected to mask the War MM and Cloud problems by adding "content" (Clan XP, BB, Clans Wars, and so on).
    We have Darian. And he has been more of a blessing than anyone I have ever seen speak on behalf of SC. He doesn't hang out as much as he once did, probably because everything he says is quoted and used to prove arguments that he never wanted to be part of. But he has said that known problems are being communicated to the people who created the game we play and I have no reason not to believe him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •