Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is Supercell ever going to address engineered bases in clan wars?

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbywumbo View Post
    My clan is being matched up in 25 vs 25 clan wars where we average a base lower than our opponents in the last 4 wars we have had. Our lower level this can't beat thier clan castles and heroes at all even when they only have traps and Teslas as thier defensive structures. Will this ever be addressed in an update to the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by ManasMutatkar View Post
    Hopefully. The current system is just sad. We don't even engineer and yet we're being matches in such a way that their 13 is flicking off our top bases without a sweat.
    If I remember, there will be an update this year to deal with this mess
    Supercell have taken huge steps to reduce much of the engineers advantage. If you dont understand that you need to get informed. If you understand that but think it doesnt work, thats a different story. You can say their efforts have not worked, but you can say they have done nothing.

For the OP, is the match overall a mismatch, what probability on average do you have to win these matches? How many of the 4 did you win, what were the scores?

sometimes people look at the map, see some heavy offence bases low, and assume the opponent clan has a huge advantage because for a long time this was very much the case. This is less so the case now, allthough some clans seam to for some reason get unfair matches, and their will always he a bunch of mismatches due to randomness, of which some will give the advantage to an engineered clan by chance, not because the clan is optimised.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; March 21st, 2018 at 10:12 AM.
    Clan - Highland chiefs, Highlandchiefs2, highlandrebels, CWSF xp grabbibg
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    if Its builder base wars, i will cry, and I havent cried in maybe 12 years.
    It wouldn't only be you. If this feature, fix or whatever you want to call it is BB related my disappointment would be monumental. Even mention of that atrocity makes the hairs on my neck stand up. I'm not even sure why. It's not that I hate it, I'd just rather it wasn't around. Kind of like the problem stepchild. Your forced to keep it around but secretly wish it wasn't.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark11308 View Post
    It wouldn't only be you. If this feature, fix or whatever you want to call it is BB related my disappointment would be monumental. Even mention of that atrocity makes the hairs on my neck stand up. I'm not even sure why. It's not that I hate it, I'd just rather it wasn't around. Kind of like the problem stepchild. Your forced to keep it around but secretly wish it wasn't.
    tried to put below edit in but forums are bugging-

edit: on reflection it seams the metaphore doesnt link well to builders base wars, rather something quite exciting, however I think I am reading too much into a casual comment, vague for a reason
    Accounts - 5 th12, 11 th11s. Fixing matchmaker :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-onyzng%21 : how to migrate to supercell ID :https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cell-ID-Thread

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikingchief View Post
    tried to put below edit in but forums are bugging-

edit: on reflection it seams the metaphore doesnt link well to builders base wars, rather something quite exciting, however I think I am reading too much into a casual comment, vague for a reason
    The way it was talked about by Darian I think it's gonna be seperate from random spin, a new "feature" was the wording I think. I'm gonna guess it's some sort of canned roster league thing. SC has been involved from afar with CWL, I think they like what they see and want to bring it to the masses. Then mabey they will reduce the roster sizes in random spin to cope with pool reduction. We shall see I guess.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark11308 View Post
    The way it was talked about by Darian I think it's gonna be seperate from random spin, a new "feature" was the wording I think. I'm gonna guess it's some sort of canned roster league thing. SC has been involved from afar with CWL, I think they like what they see and want to bring it to the masses. Then mabey they will reduce the roster sizes in random spin to cope with pool reduction. We shall see I guess.
    Prius, i assume refere to main base (lambo vs prius metaphore we all remember well), and convertable I assume means some sort of ability to adjust your base for war. Could it mean

- can adjust townhall backwards till Its maxed to fit in a canned rostar (rushed 11, with maxed levels for a townhall 9, can cobert to Max 9 for the canned rostar war
    - ability to pick and choose whatever defenses/troops you want in war, you can convert you base backwards by removing whichever troops or defensive buildings you like (or are allowed)
    - some sort of league system, where they could ser up almost infinite variations of rewards and performce recognitions metrics, and this could result in someibg awesome, or something truely boring, depending on how they set it up. Hard to see how Its a convertable option, unless convertable refers to 2 types of war style choice, random spin or league ranked.
    - probably many ideas Im too tired to imagine.
    Last edited by Vikingchief; March 21st, 2018 at 12:30 PM.

I'M BATMAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConfuzed1 View Post
    Why is it that every other day or so this question gets posted, with the implication that engineered bases haven't been addressed?

Engineering has been addressed several times, both here on the forum, as well as in update patches themselves.

Super Cell does understand that they haven't done so perfectly, and they've stated that an update is coming later this year, which will put engineers at a disadvantage.

Clearly, it isn't Super Cell who needs to address it, but it's people who need to read it! Addressing an issue in the game does no good if people don't pay attention when they do.

I'll go ahead and stand by with this post, ready to post it again, when the next person comes along to make this claim.
    I'm also tired of all these complaint posts as most of them r caused by user n not sc but cant blame players fo this one. Sc is to blame esp when they announced offense will no longer determine war mm (not a bright move). How they did not foresee this problem is beyond me. Many called out the problem this would cause yet sc went thru it. Unfortunately it is taking sc too long to rectify problem. Meanwhile damage is being spread all over the game. I personally never had problems wit engineers as my war log would suggest but that doesnt take away fact I get disgusted at "SOME" of the matches I c. Both parties (players n sc) r to blame fo this mess but more on sc as they have control of what war mm will b.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Darian told that there will be solution to engineering coming this year.So have some patience.
    Btw matchmaking has got a lot better than it ever war.You may be getting a poor match due to your uncommon war roster.Whats your TH composotion in war?
    Engineering has only been a problem since 2015, 3 years ago. Clan wars have only been broken for 3 out of 4 years of their existence. Supercell has only been addressing engineering for 1 year or so. Have some patience...LOL.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConfuzed1 View Post
    Why is it that every other day or so this question gets posted, with the implication that engineered bases haven't been addressed?

Engineering has been addressed several times, both here on the forum, as well as in update patches themselves.

Super Cell does understand that they haven't done so perfectly, and they've stated that an update is coming later this year, which will put engineers at a disadvantage.

Clearly, it isn't Super Cell who needs to address it, but it's people who need to read it! Addressing an issue in the game does no good if people don't pay attention when they do.

I'll go ahead and stand by with this post, ready to post it again, when the next person comes along to make this claim.
    If you have your car towed to the shop with 4 blown out tires, one expects all 4 tires to be replaced/patched in order for the vehicle to be considered fixed.

SC has certainly improved the war matchmaker but repairing 1 out of 4 tires is not fixed.

And sadly, the war matchmaker has been a problem since day one and engineering has been a problem since 2015. SC has only been addressing engineering, specifically, since last year, not even a full year ago. It is actually sad, just sad.

Are the clouds fixed? How long have people been complaining about them? Longer than engineering has been an issue, IIRC.

Those two things plague this game. Those two things should’ve been the highest priority on the list of things to do. But what do I know? I’m just some random consumer telling the product maker what I’d like to see from them... just a faceless voice in a sea of disturbance.

Quote Originally Posted by Holps View Post
    My experience is that the advantage of Engineering has already been reduced however, as the big fella has said, this year will see some exciting developments in the game that will undoubtedly disincentivise Engineering as a tactic. Be patient. 2018 May be the year of the Prius convertible
    I agree very much with Holps. Having been around since the beginning of clan wars. Matchmaker is in a good spot right now. Maybe the best it's been when valuing engineering and offense in a roster. We are seeing much more "even wars". I would be happy if this was "the fix".
    DeathStorm-10|22/23|2148*|FireStorm-10|17/20|2178*|SuperStorm-9|13/15|2147*
    DragonStorm-9|8/8|1529*|PerfectStorm-9|8/10|1428*|BrainStorm-10|10/16|1452*