View Poll Results: What is your education level?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • High School

5 15.63%
  • 2 Year College

3 9.38%
  • 4 Year College

4 12.50%
  • Graduate/Post Graduate Degree

20 62.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your education level?

Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    A college dropout? ☺
    Not quite. My program is a "trade" program (American Sign Language Interpreting). It only takes two years, though I do have an Associates in Arts, also.

Two year programs typically require state certification where I'm from. A 4 year, say, business degree, doesn't require that. I wouldn't say 2 years of college amounts to a "college dropout"...

University Honours Degree, fluent in 5 languages. Almost all my spare time spent on HD 😂😂😂

Sorry for the confusion everyone. I should have been more specific in the choices. Momscar and Rackoo did a great job of clarifying each category. (thank you). Also, feel free to check High School if you are currently attending but have not yet graduated. If you are in or have completed a trade school or certification courses (such as Mechanic, Physical Therapy, etc.) and would like to mention it, please do so. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Tahoe; March 15th, 2018 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ninagrozdanovic View Post
    University Honours Degree, fluent in 5 languages. Almost all my spare time spent on HD 
    I have to ask, what languages do you speak?

To further clarify 2-year vs 4-year college in the US, many Universities offer a 2-year Associate degree option in addition to a 4-year Bachelor's. For example, nursing (registered nurse). There would be the 4-year, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, or a 2-year, an Associate of Science in Nursing. You receive primarily the same core nursing classes in the Associate as you would the Bachelor, you would not be taking all of the extra electives required for a Bachelor. It is much less expensive and of course 2 years less time to receive the Associate degree which makes it very appealing to some people especially those not coming right out of high school.

An Associate Degree from a college/university is not to be confused with a trade school or certification-type program, those are different, they typically last anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, you receive a diploma or a certification as opposed to an actual degree. For example, there are also Diploma programs for nursing (RN) as well but not as common nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by SundaeToppings View Post
    I have to ask, what languages do you speak?
    English, Italian, Russian, Serbian and Greek 😂

I have college degree

In India, there are 10 years of school, not differentiated with junior, middle or high school. Then according to primary field (science, commerce or arts) you choose there is junior college. I choose science, so there was 2 years of junior college. After that there is wide variety of specialization and sub-specialization to go for. I did engineering in instrumentation and control processes. So 4 years more of university/college. Now I am a post graduate, completed my degree last year.
    Last edited by VillsSkyTerror; March 24th, 2018 at 07:58 AM.

Sig Courtesy of Shadow626

Always smirking my way out of all the problems.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by VillsSkyTerror View Post
    In India, there are 10 years of school, not differentiated with junior, middle or high school. Then according to primary field (science, commerce or arts) you choose there is junior college. I choose science, so there was 2 years of junior college. After that there is wide variety of specialization and sub-specialization to go for. I did engineering in instrumentation and control processes. So 4 years more of university/college. I now I am post graduate, completed my degree last year.
    In my city Class 11th and Class 12th is also Counted in school so basically it's 12 years, Previously we all assumed it as 2 years of junior college. I know where you're and in your area it's still assumed as junior college years. (Btw I'm from commerce)
    Last edited by SamirMishra; March 24th, 2018 at 08:01 AM.
    Hey all,
    It is with a heavy heart that we are here to inform you that we have decided not to continue the Rush Wars beta.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/RushWars/co...sing_the_game/

Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    In my city Class 11th and Class 12th is also Counted in school so basically it's 12 years, Previously we all assumed it as 2 years of junior college. I know where you're and in your area it's still assumed as junior college years. (Btw I'm from commerce)
    Well yep. After 10th we have to search up for a new college for next 2 years to go to. Getting admission in a same college affiliated to your school is much easier though. But nope, freedom of college life.

Sig Courtesy of Shadow626

Always smirking my way out of all the problems.