Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Is PSC even worth it anymore?

Is PSC even worth it anymore?

Say what you want, the game doesnít give stones like it used to. A few years ago a 75% PSC, boosted, would get you 7-10 crystals per full map clear(including Dr T). Now, MAYBE 5-7. 7 on a great day. 266% PSC gets me NPB with less than 3 stones, and more then a few with NO stones. Gets me maxed player bases with 3-4 fragments. Scream chance all you want but the chance ainít what it used to be.

All I can suggest then is that you trash your PSCs if you feel they have no payback.

Without records for comparison of yields a few years ago versus yields today, the claim can neither be disproven, nor proven. So we each need to act upon our own faith, do we feel PSC adds value, or not.
    Last edited by rowman; March 14th, 2018 at 01:36 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.

Centennial Club
    100% agree with rowman. But i can say, i have good results with my 73% unboosted PSC.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    6hrs ago someone posting on another thread about a dramatic increase in their stone drops:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11519234

HQ22 PSC MP74% GBE MP42% G17% G17% G17% G17% TD MP32% G13% TH MP35% G14%

Durruti Column #88L8RQLL - TF 5 - 1 Open Spot - Highest LB Position 59 - Recruitment Thread
    Index Of Boom Beach Gameplay Guides
    - Main Forum Rules

Forum Superstar
    Made the mistake of boosting my perfect MP to give me 150% chance increase with a whole bunch of NPC and player bases the other day in some false hope I would at least get a few more shards.

Didn't happen.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    PSC has always been a long-term numbers game.

See megacrab's excellent thread (among others):

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...g-Power-Stones

HQ22 PSC MP74% GBE MP42% G17% G17% G17% G17% TD MP32% G13% TH MP35% G14%

Durruti Column #88L8RQLL - TF 5 - 1 Open Spot - Highest LB Position 59 - Recruitment Thread
    Index Of Boom Beach Gameplay Guides
    - Main Forum Rules

Was considering asking the same question about recent stone drops. For at least 2-3 weeks it has certainly seemed like the drops have suuuucked, so I started to keep records just a few days ago. Averaging 2.4 stones across multiple accounts per player base these last several days, sample size is 60 bases. Max or near max PSC MP on all accounts. I know it's a small sample size, but large enough that it doesn't seem right. Drop rate, in my marginally-supported opinion, has gone down.

kept record over the last 6 events on 3 different accounts i know its a small pool but here's the results :-

0% PSC - 47F , 16S , 10C
    74% PSC - 93F , 18S, 13C
    148% PSC - 107F , 21S , 15C

Take this how you want but like Bakunin said it seems to add up over the long term.
    Last edited by starlord77; March 14th, 2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbaums View Post
    Was considering asking the same question about recent stone drops. For at least 2-3 weeks it has certainly seemed like the drops have suuuucked, so I started to keep records just a few days ago. Averaging 2.4 stones across multiple accounts per player base these last several days, sample size is 60 bases. Max or near max PSC MP on all accounts. I know it's a small sample size, but large enough that it doesn't seem right. Drop rate, in my marginally-supported opinion, has gone down.
    Just checked megacrab's tables. Per 5 player bases, his data says one can expect 13 stones (long term metadata). Which works out to...2.6 stones. That is with a 70% statue and not 75%, but it's close enough to what I've been seeing to call it the same. Maybe it feels weak since crystal and shard drops have been down. Something else to start tracking!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbaums View Post
    .... Maybe it feels weak since crystal and shard drops have been down. Something else to start tracking!
    Should have multiple people tracking. Hills and valleys along the way are expected. One person experiecing a one month valley (low), for example, would not mean that that chances had changed, someone else could have experienced a hill (higher returns) during that same month.

If you have one sample (one person tracking), then data must be collected over a very long period (to account for both hills and valleys). As the data collection time period is shortened then the number of participants needs to increase.
    Last edited by rowman; March 14th, 2018 at 05:53 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    [#PR2P0R0C]
    And yes, that panda is indeed packing major heat! Visit my profile page
    /default photo album to see a larger image.