Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum Bans!

Banned
    There are 3 issues I’d like to discuss

1. Banned for “Rules violations” as vague as it sounds
    2. No Forum Rules to see
    3. Reasoning for bans

I’ve been banned twice for “Rules violations” without ever knowing what I did. The fact that I never knew what I did any of the times, and don’t say it’s so client makers can’t inprove their hacks because there are NO hacks on the forums. There’s no reason to be so vague with forum bans. And the fact there is no forum rules to be found is crazy because you don’t know what rules are violated

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    If a post is toxic enough, I'm speculating that the Mod Squad will delete it and we won't see it in the banned forumite's posting history.
    Absolutely we do. Any post for which we are giving an infraction will usually be edited or deleted to remove the material which was breaking forum rules.

If we can edit to remove the offending parts while still leaving a meaningful post, that is what we prefer to do. Otherwise the post (or thread) will be deleted.

If we didn't do this, the post would often keep getting reported over an over again, since nobody but moderators can see the post has received an infraction.

Last year, I noticed a regular was banned in another subforum and I didn't see any post written recently by him which broke a forum rule. Then I realized the possibility he posted something so toxic that it was removed and he was given a permanent ban. Or he foolishly created another forum account and thought he could evade detection by the Mod Squad.
    Either is possible.

EDIT1: For those who haven't seen it yet, here's the definition of toxicity as defined by Supercell Staff:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Don-t-Be-Toxic!

EDIT2: I suggest we don't do things which ping the Mod Squad's sonar!
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post8812250
    Always a good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by webdesignchennai View Post
    There are 3 issues Iíd like to discuss

1. Banned for ďRules violationsĒ as vague as it sounds
    2. No Forum Rules to see
    3. Reasoning for bans

Iíve been banned twice for ďRules violationsĒ without ever knowing what I did. The fact that I never knew what I did any of the times, and donít say itís so client makers canít inprove their hacks because there are NO hacks on the forums.

If you did not know what you did, then you must have turned off the setting to receive admin emails. You will always get an email when you get an infraction, matching the PM. The heading may just say "Violated forum rules", but the detail should tell you what you did.

You will of course be getting another ban for creating this alternate account.

Thereís no reason to be so vague with forum bans. And the fact there is
    no forum rules to be found is crazy because you donít know what rules are violated
    The forum rules are not remotely difficult to find. there is a sticky post at the top of each of the main forums (including this one) saying "Main Forum Rules < READ!"

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-Rules-READ%21
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    My stats (main account)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Absolutely we do. Any post for which we are giving an infraction will usually be edited or deleted to remove the material which was breaking forum rules.

If we can edit to remove the offending parts while still leaving a meaningful post, that is what we prefer to do. Otherwise the post (or thread) will be deleted.

If we didn't do this, the post would often keep getting reported over an over again, since nobody but moderators can see the post has received an infraction.

Either is possible.

Always a good idea
    What about people who are banned for a week yet the post that somehow got them the ban hasnít been edited or deleted? Surely any post deserving of such action must be deleted?

Itís also worrying that no one has question Paluís assertion that being very negative can get you banned. I always thought this wasnít the case.

Forum Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by BlindHaze View Post
    What about people who are banned for a week yet the post that somehow got them the ban hasn’t been edited or deleted? Surely any post deserving of such action must be deleted?

It’s also worrying that no one has question Palu’s assertion that being very negative can get you banned. I always thought this wasn’t the case.
    I believe it rarely happens. I mean, that Mods will enforce rules and ban/infract member as they see fit. They don't always follow the 5 Infraction rule. Do they?
    Please correct me.
    Cricket World Cup 2019 discussion thread!<^_^>
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...d-%F0%9F%8F%86

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    I believe it rarely happens. I mean, that Mods will enforce rules and ban/infract member as they see fit. They don't always follow the 5 Infraction rule. Do they?
    Please correct me.
    I have no reason to doubt whether they follow that rule or not. I thought it was automatic that people were banned after 5 infractions rather than the mod having to count them and decide. However, I could be wrong. Iíve not been a mod on any vbulletin forum. Canít think why...

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    What about people who are banned for a week yet the post that somehow got them the ban hasn’t been edited or deleted? Surely any post deserving of such action must be deleted?
    Like I said, we usually do edit or delete any post that gets an infraction (and most bans are for 3rd or 5th infraction).

If it is bad enough to be an outright ban, then it will almost certainly be bad enough to be deleted with no thought of editing.

It’s also worrying that no one has question Palu’s assertion that being very negative can get you banned. I always thought this wasn’t the case.
    He made no such assertion. I suggest you go back and read his post again.
    My stats (main account)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Like I said, we usually do edit or delete any post that gets an infraction (and most bans are for 3rd or 5th infraction).

If it is bad enough to be an outright ban, then it will almost certainly be bad enough to be deleted with no thought of editing.

He made no such assertion. I suggest you go back and read his post again.
    Youíre quite right. Apologies to Palu, thatíll teach me to skim read.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SamirMishra View Post
    Please correct me.
    The 3 infraction and 5 infraction bans are automatic. We could manually unban somebody who has hit one of them, but I don't recall us ever doing so.

The other way around though, for posts which are bad enough (or for multi accounts or Spammers) we can and do give immediate bans. Which can be temporary or permanent.
    My stats (main account)

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    You’re quite right. Apologies to Palu, that’ll teach me to skim read.
    However, you can be banned for toxicity, so it’d really depend on the circumstances. Disagreeing with the direction of the game? That’s negative, but most likely not even infraction-worthy. Trying to start a race war on the forums because you want to see the world burn? That’s pretty negative, definitely infraction-worthy, and most likely bannable.

Creating another forum account can also get you banned, especially if you’ve already been banned or are waiting out a temporary ban. Spammers also get banned pretty regularly. Those two cases are the most likely situations (but not the only situations) when a member has been banned and you can’t see any posts in their history.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 664 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy